Just to add a slightly different viewpoint to the PlayBook discussion. I've bought a few myself. Don't know how anyone could have never seen one. Or if they didn't they're certainly not 'techy' people. I didn't have to go search mine out online, I just went to my local best buy and picked them up. I really don't understand how someone that comes to a tech fan site can say they never saw something that for a while there was available everywhere.

However, to point, I fully understand the pb never became what it should have been. It lacked apps, updates were few and far between. There is so much I wanted from it that I never got. However, in the time I've had my PlayBook, I've bought and gotten rid of three android tablets. The tablet I still use every day? The PlayBook. With what I use my tablet for, this old, half finished BlackBerry tablet, is still better than the newest android tablet. I fully understand that people want apps and games, and the tablet form factor is perfect for those things... so for the vast majority of people, yeah, PlayBook is lacking big time. But for me, it still beats every other tablet I've bought.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I own a Playbook and a Nexus 7 second edition and the Playbook is not even close. Get a new tablet. It is time.
    waker and Poirots Progeny like this.
    10-02-13 01:04 AM
    Sorry I own a Playbook and a Nexus 7 second edition and the Playbook is not even close. Get a new tablet. It is time.
    I just recently returned a Galaxy Note 10.1 and gave away a Galaxy Tab 2 7". I did buy a Samsung Windows 8 pro tablet. See, it's not a money thing, I could have got a nexus cheaper my two latest purchases right? I kept the Galaxy tab for over a year, but I only used it to play two games, which wasn't really worth it to me. I have since side loaded both those games on my Z. As fat as the nexus just based on looks and feel of the device, I don't like it. Even if it had something else on it instead of android, I don't see myself ever getting that device. It's ugly, cheap feeling, and what I guess people are calling the vanilla android experience you get on it, just looks so boring and ugly.

I can only tell you my experience as how I ended up using the devices. Trust me, I planned on using all of them extensively. Every time I buy a device I have thoughts of "I can use this for everything! This will make life so much easier!" and then reality sets in. So far in my life, the only device that I actually do use for everything and makes life so much easier, is my Z.

The androids just ended up being a chore. Seriously, I discovered I just hate android. Doing anything is just a pain in the buttocks. What I gain in power and overall capability (of course meaning apps) I lose in efficiency. My windows 8 tab has actually just taken the place of my laptop. I used it to side load, it has an s-pen which is the only thing I liked about the note, so I use it to scribble. I love my Win tab, but I don't use it every day. I may pop it open 2 or 3 times a week. And strangely enough, even though I bought all those tablets with the intention of retiring the PlayBook, I still actually use my PlayBook everyday.

I know it's old, unfinished, I know it's officially dead, eol, however you want to call it, but it's still a pleasure to use. It's still fun, and it still does the jobs I need it to do, easier, faster, and better than my android tabs.

Also something funny, one of those android games I played on my tabs, and I side loaded to my phone, plays so much better on my Z with its android player, than it did on my Samsung tabs with the current updated android. It's a silly little game I play with my stepdaughter, Little Monsters.... it would stall and freeze on both my old tab 2, and my spanking new note, but it plays so smooth and quick on my Z. This I truly don't understand. I'm not saying android games run better on the Z, words with friends is for sure better on an android than a Z, but there's something about this game that makes the Z10 run in perfectly, while then android tabs it was made for doesn't.

I am thinking about getting a nook hd though. They're a nice price because they've been discontinued. And that simplified home page looks fun. Maybe different enough to make me forget it's android? It feels like it's time for a new toy.... Hmmm...

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    10-02-13 02:00 AM
    Sorry to disappoint you but that article has so many wrong facts, unless, to mention one, the iPhone did in fact launched with a dual core processor which I'm pretty darn sure it didn't
    I thought the article was very good, especially at shedding light onto the corporate culture and the way decisions were made in the past 3 years.

However, I want to know if there were inaccuracies. Can you please list 3 of the biggest inaccuracies you found?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mset; 10-02-13 at 05:02 AM.
    10-02-13 04:27 AM
    I get awful tired of this BS constantly perpetuating the myth of sub-par BlackBerry devices....I owned the original Storm for over two years, and it performed at a level that would still surpass many phones today....no wifi,but still a browser that put many computers to
    I bookmarked this post. When it's all over and the post-mortem is under way, I'm going to link back to it as perhaps the most absurd thing I have ever read at this website.

Re: the OP rant about Kevin, I didn't like the fact that in the later paragraphs you tried to portray Kevin as a victim, because earlier (and then again later) you were clearly saying that he was knowingly involved in the dissemination of bad information.

CB is a business. Of course Kevin is going to try to spin things in as positive a light as possible. I noticed the other editorial staff are pretty good at it too, although there are quite a few objective mods around.

Bottom line: not much point to the OP IMO.
    10-02-13 04:38 AM
    In order to save BlackBerry, somebody has to replace Heins. Heins has no vision and no luck.
    cman5 likes this.
    10-02-13 04:47 AM
    I bookmarked this post. When it's all over and the post-mortem is under way, I'm going to link back to it as perhaps the most absurd thing I have ever read at this website.

Re: the OP rant about Kevin, I didn't like the fact that in the later paragraphs you tried to portray Kevin as a victim, because earlier (and then again later) you were clearly saying that he was knowingly involved in the dissemination of bad information.

CB is a business. Of course Kevin is going to try to spin things in as positive a light as possible. I noticed the other editorial staff are pretty good at it too, although there are quite a few objective mods around.

Bottom line: not much point to the OP IMO.
    Yeah, I do believe Kevin was a victim. Everytime there was a slip Blackberry would say don't worry look what we've got in the pipeline that will open everyone's eyes wide. And as a mega fan I think he bought into it just a tad too much. Especially coming from a company that had been slipping-up for the past three or more years in a market space that is supremely competitive. Forget that you either like or dislike Apple for a second, strictly in a business sense. Apple as a company moved 9 million or more units of its newest product in the first weekend of availability. That's the arena of competition we're talking about. People with more than one device in their pocket is a minority. People have space for one device in their pocket. And if there is an Android device or an iPhone in that pocket, what is Blackberry going to do to put a Z10 in there? As Hulk Hogan would say, "WATCHAA GONNA DO BROTHERRRR!? WATCHA GONNA DO TO GET A Z10 IN THE POCKETS OF ALL THESE HULKAMANIACS!?"

And I never said anything about bad information. I simply said Crackberry started putting out media that had a tinge of subjectivity versus objectivity in the light of the serious turmoil the company was in, turmoil that was rather quite public.

For example, I think if forums moderator Howarmat was writing Blackberry articles they wouldn't have that slight subjective spin to them. Because I know back in 2010-2011 Howarmat was all over the forums here, blackberry, Android, and iPhone discussing how he was a Blackberry fan but Android was hitting home runs. I would believe that Howarmat and others like him, would have really pointed out where Blackberry stood in a global context. Sure BB 10 is great and the Z10 is a nice device, ones Blackberry users will enjoy. And I know Crackberry is Kevin's business and all that, but unless I'm incorrect Crackberry is also very much a tech blog site. A site that reports the news. And articles here in more recent years I felt would point out the news, but were written in such a way that would leave the reader with a feeling that a nice comfy warm blanket was placed over them and that everything would be alright (in terms of Blackberry of course). In my opinion articles by someone like Howarmat would really hit home the point that, hey, the Z10 is a nice device, but how does Blackberry really intend to compete and make a comeback with it?

Those are my feelings on the matter. And to sum it all up for you, the point was for me to come here and express my thoughts and opinions and leave them for discussion. Unless you are saying my OP should have provided you with something else.
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 10-02-13 at 11:35 AM.
    10-02-13 11:10 AM
    Your OP was, in my reading of it, waaaay more accusatory than you're claiming above. I'm not going to bother going back to check if you edited it or to cut and paste here. If others disagree, they'll post here.

As I said earlier, of course there's going to be subjectivity. This is a BBRY fan site.
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    10-02-13 01:45 PM
    Practically every tech site, business site, news outlet, and "other" forums bad mouth BlackBerry on a daily basis, and have for years. Crackberry dot com is pretty much the only place outside of a few blogs that gives BlackBerry any love. It is safe to say that most of us are very aware of the negative side to BlackBerry[RIM], yet we continue to use and support the products. For the more devoted, our reasons for using BlackBerry devices are more personal than say someone using an iPhone or Android device. And also in ways the iPhone and Android user will not understand. Five years ago, no one [okay, an exaggeration] could understand our obsession with BBM and that darn blinking red light, for example.

Considering the sheer number of haters out there, and even those who feel the burning desire to come here and troll, can't we just have our own little den of iniquity for a change?
    10-02-13 02:04 PM
    Imo blackberry died after the 9700. It just went downhill from there. My 9900 couldn't hold a candle to the 9700.
    10-02-13 02:10 PM
    Your OP was, in my reading of it, waaaay more accusatory than you're claiming above. I'm not going to bother going back to check if you edited it or to cut and paste here. If others disagree, they'll post here.

As I said earlier, of course there's going to be subjectivity. This is a BBRY fan site.
    Well there you go, I never accused Kevin or Crackberry of crimes. I said that to me the last couple of years have felt alittle subjective rather than objective around here. And of course I know that there will be subjectivity because its Crackberry. However in reporting the news I would have liked to read some more objectivity. Objectivity that to me would have reflected what was very publicly happening to Blackberry.

And no, my OP was not edited.
    10-02-13 02:30 PM
    Talking about religion, Jobs is your God. Open your mind and try BlackBerry 10. You will not go back to iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I just used BB10 for the first time yesterday on a Z10. First off, I think the Z10 is the perfect size for a future iPhone release. It felt solid and fit excellent in my hands. The software was fluid enough and certainly not as laggy as some Android competitors. I liked it better than Android in fact. However I could not and will not switch from iOS due to an uncertain future and I am too heavily invested in the iOS ecosystem.
    sevoman likes this.
    10-02-13 04:52 PM
    It's 2013, these days people can use devices, a smart phone, a tablet, a phablet, etc. What's wrong with having devices in your home and work with different os's? Why can't I use a iPhone with an Android tablet or a BlackBerry phone with a iPad mini?

People come in here and act as if you have to be loyal to one os and one os only. That's just ridiculous. If folks wanna own only one os across the board then that's cool too!

Who is anyone to judge you because of your choice in a device, again that's just ridiculous.

My studied opinion has been that there is no ONE device that is the best overall. These different platforms have there pros and cons. Some do things better in certain areas were in other areas they aren't as good. What really matters though, is what works for YOU.

Also, the biggest apple fanboi should not want BlackBerry or any other competitors to "die" someone summed it up well in a previous post. IOS 7 wouldn't be iOS 7 without windows phone and BlackBerry10. Competition fuels innovation and the consumer wins in the end.

I use Windows Android and BlackBerry and enjoy them all. Is that so wrong?

Sent from my Motorola side view pager 4-5683-968
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-02-13 05:22 PM
    No, despite your going to great lengths to disguise your insulting tone, I for one, don't buy it. Your intentional getting Crackberry Kevin's name backwards repeatedly was one clue that wasn't lost on me. It shows to me that you either are lying about your history on this site, or you just haven't paid attention enough to make the criticisms you have made.
    are you serious? is this the most important thing? LOL
    10-02-13 05:25 PM
    If people are fools for sticking with this platform, what does that say about you, who still comes onto CrackBerry and posts about people posting about BlackBerry?
    see my reply above as to why...
    10-02-13 09:27 PM
    Don't do drugs kids

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    My Thoughts on The Globe and Mail Article, Crackberry as A Whole, and Kevin Crackberry-denialism-monkeys-see-hear-say-no-evil.jpg
    10-02-13 09:29 PM
    Regarding BlackBerry, the writing was on the wall from long time ago. They have only themselves to blame for taking too long for adapt to the market and to offer what many of its customers were demanding before they moved on to other platforms.

On the other hand, crackberry is a fan site, so I am not surprised at their optimistic outlook even when things were starting to go south.

I think that the lesson here is not to get emotionally involved in a company. BlackBerry is just one of many companies out there and that if it fails there will be others to take its place. There is no phone out there that is not replaceable.

The other thing too is that like it or not, we have no influence on what happens next to Blackberry so it is pointless to waste our energy either bashing or defending BlackBerry. What's done is done and no amount of rehashing BlackBerry's mistakes will change it. So I really don't see the point.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    10-02-13 11:19 PM
    I just used BB10 for the first time yesterday on a Z10. First off, I think the Z10 is the perfect size for a future iPhone release. It felt solid and fit excellent in my hands. The software was fluid enough and certainly not as laggy as some Android competitors. I liked it better than Android in fact. However I could not and will not switch from iOS due to an uncertain future and I am too heavily invested in the iOS ecosystem.
    Yeah, the BB 10 devices are the best Blackberry has ever put out. But like I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, what was Blackberry's strategy to get their devices in the hands of consumers? All these iPhones and Android devices people already love in their hands, and the Z10 looks similar to them and doesn't do anything that the average consumer can't do on their current device. I just don't see any key differentiator. And all this taking place while Blackberry was in dire straits.

In my opinion the Z10 should have been on the market in 2009, maybe 2010 at the very latest. But we all know its Blackberry's 2013 device....
    10-02-13 11:26 PM
    Maybe some of us are still here because we don't like these prices?

My Thoughts on The Globe and Mail Article, Crackberry as A Whole, and Kevin Crackberry-img_00000723.png

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    10-03-13 12:05 AM
    Maybe some of us are still here because we don't like these prices?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000723.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	207302

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    yup. the only difference is, that for iPhone price you get timely updates, huge ecosystem, quick bug fixes etc.
    sevoman likes this.
    10-03-13 04:10 AM
    yup. the only difference is, that for iPhone price you get timely updates, huge ecosystem, quick bug fixes etc.
    has it occured to you, that no matter how good a product is perceived to be, some people just don't like it? It's a two way argument, like a double edged sword, but I certainly tried Apple's devices and I didn't liked it one bit at all. So I stayed away from purchasing one.

add on:

to just clarify the message, I'm saying that there are people who just won't go for something, even if a carrot is dangled. OR else, to take this example by extreme, everyone in the planet would have jumped at the Nexus 4 the moment the price fell, irregardless whether it was out of stock or not, every single user in the world would have bought the nexus 4, just because the price is better. This is, as I say, an extreme example, but i'm just saying there are people who just don't like something even if its perceived to be better or superior.
    Last edited by badiyee; 10-03-13 at 04:22 AM. Reason: adjusting to clarify the message
    bradu1 likes this.
    10-03-13 04:20 AM
    Ever hear a crackhead talk bad about crack??
    The site is crackberry, not recreational drug use berry.

He's an addict. He loves this company. He runs the biggest fan site in the world for BlackBerry. Of course he's going to be positive.
    sevoman likes this.
    10-03-13 06:47 AM
    Ever hear a crackhead talk bad about crack??
    The site is crackberry, not recreational drug use berry.

He's an addict. He loves this company. He runs the biggest fan site in the world for BlackBerry. Of course he's going to be positive.
    I understand that. But as a site with a news reporting aspect to it, I think it was just a bit too subjective. Enough so that when I would read the pieces I felt as though they weren't grounded in the reality of what was happening to Blackberry.

At this point I don't see how anyone can argue the point anyways, Thorsten Heins has come out to publicly state that BB 10 along with the new devices failed to gain any traction. Blackberry has a cut artery and is bleeding cash. Samsung, Apple, and Google have dump trucks (the huge ones you see at those mining sites) full of cash coming in every week.

recreationalberry.com
    10-03-13 11:00 AM
97 ... 234