Hello, I am on my 3rd BB from Sprint. I was pumped when I got my first 9950, but then the issues started. The first one kept going over to roaming and the battery heated up. The second one had battery heating issues, too, and one day, the battery started draining in 2 hours. So now I am on my third one. All this within a month.

After years with BB's, I was finally getting ready to dump them, but Sprint didn't let me switch my device. So I have my 3rd 9950 now. let's hope it works. Has anyone else had these issues?

Am I doing something wrong? Just not sure what's going on. Also, both of them kept dropping the 3G service and were always switching to 1x. Frustrating.
    04-01-12 09:48 PM
    I think you mean the 9930 but im not trying to be a about that. I experienced the same issues with overheating with my 9930 on Verizon when running the first 7.0 os that it was loaded with. I would have to manually turn off the radio and then turn it back on after the battery cooled down before it would be normal again. I could easily lose 30 percent of my battery in 5 minutes. Since the upgrade to the most recent VZ 7.1 os i have not had experienced this problem. Have you tried upgrading to 7.1 or turning off the radio until the battery cooled down? I also would run batterywatch to keep check of the actual temp of the battery that would go to 117 f sometimes during these issues. Hope this helps
    04-01-12 10:01 PM
    Hello, I am on my 3rd BB from Sprint. I was pumped when I got my first 9950, but then the issues started. The first one kept going over to roaming and the battery heated up. The second one had battery heating issues, too, and one day, the battery started draining in 2 hours. So now I am on my third one. All this within a month.

After years with BB's, I was finally getting ready to dump them, but Sprint didn't let me switch my device. So I have my 3rd 9950 now. let's hope it works. Has anyone else had these issues?

Am I doing something wrong? Just not sure what's going on. Also, both of them kept dropping the 3G service and were always switching to 1x. Frustrating.
    Wow is this another April fools joke, is there really a 9950.
    04-01-12 10:02 PM
    No I think the OP meant 9930. Well I can only assume I guess otherwise i've been in the dark.
    04-01-12 10:31 PM
    I'm so sorry to hear about those problems! That battery must have been so annoying! Mine likes konking out at 20% or 15% battery left (And I think, "BlackBerry, 20% is not 10%!"); so I can't imagine what it'd be like to have it crash in two hours! Why wouldn't Sprint let you switch? Were you still under contract? I'm not sure, but maybe you could buy your way out of your contract (pay the difference of what would be left on your current device and then pay for a new device); but that would be quite expensive. Contracts sometimes feel like prison sentences... Lol. :S Good luck! I hope your new phone works well for you!
    04-01-12 10:42 PM
    No I think the OP meant 9930. Well I can only assume I guess otherwise i've been in the dark.
    I think thats what Ops meant to, but with everything going on here on the board can't be to sure.
    04-01-12 10:54 PM
    He/she could also mean the 9850.
    04-02-12 08:13 AM
    He/she could also mean the 9850.
    I think Sprint has the 9860 with the 9850's being the cdma flavor.
    04-02-12 08:26 AM
    Sprint has the Torch 9850. They are a CDMA carrier.

I would agree with previous posters that the first thing to try would be an update to 7.1. However, Sprint has had 7.1 out for some time now. I would bet that the replacement phones that op has received already have 7.1 loaded.

If the op is in a poor signal area, that would explain some of the trouble. My Curve can behave in a similar fashion with a heated battery, dropping to 1x etc. The best thing to do is to shut the phone off for a minute or two and turn it back on so it can re-register with the network.

When your signal is less than good and the phone is switching on and off between 1x, 3g, home, and roam it can cause all kinds of havoc.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using. Tapatalk
    04-02-12 10:28 AM
    I meant the 9930!!!! Sorry!
    04-02-12 10:47 AM
    I meant the 9930!!!! Sorry!
    1st - good luck on the battery issue. I'm switching to 9900 on ATT from my 9800 in 2-3 weeks so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on battery/bricking/etc.

Update your user profile for device/carrier and it will make it easier for the pros on here to help you out, location helps too, as some carriers are just stronger in one area vs another.
    04-02-12 10:58 AM

Wow!!!! We have the first BB10 phone! I can't believe this!

Joking.

Have you tried updating your os or rebooting your phone?

Have you shut down all of your apps?

Those will likely solve your issue.

Oh, next time, get the digits right

Either 9930 or 9850

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    04-02-12 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD