My take on the new Blackberry Colt. What do you guys think?
    09-12-11 01:51 AM
    Nice...But I myself want it to be a Qwerty device, even though (I think) that has been ruled out. If it's not qwerty then I'm not getting it. Simple as can be.
    09-12-11 06:02 AM
    I hope that RIM does a little style change with the QNX phones.

The traditional BB style is looking dated.

Time for some changes..

Tim
    09-12-11 06:33 AM
    I want a trackpad on it!
    09-12-11 07:19 AM
    Very nice..RIM should call it iBlackberry **Oops! i can't say things like that on CB**
    09-12-11 07:27 AM

Time for some changes..

Tim
    QNX would be the perfect time to introduce the candybar slider.
    09-12-11 09:21 AM
    Very nice..RIM should call it iBlackberry **Oops! i can't say things like that on CB**
    Thats funny because I started from a picture of the Bold 9900 and just expanded. Here is a blog post you might find interesting......

Other designs are possible: Sales of Apple's iPhone should be banned
    09-12-11 11:00 AM

... change screen to 16:9AR (or even 1.85 to 1 for programming comfort)
    09-12-11 11:13 AM

Time for some changes..

Tim
    Agree this is just the Touch 9850 with new OS and hardware. C'mon RIM use the lamborghini/porsche design on Crackberry news!

Bring this thing into the next century....
    09-12-11 12:13 PM
    ........ C'mon RIM use the lamborghini/porsche design on Crackberry news! ...........
    Ewww.....no way....that thing is fugly!!!!!!!!
    calicocat2010 and chiefbroski like this.
    09-12-11 12:17 PM
    Ewww.....no way....that thing is fugly!!!!!!!!
    I strongly agree! That supposed "Porsche" Blackberry looks nastier than Mexican tap water thats been filtered through an Ethiopians A-hole! No thanks!
    09-12-11 02:54 PM
    You forgot the optical trackpad.
    09-12-11 03:22 PM

Time for some changes..

Tim
    Really?
    How much style change can you make on an all touch device?
    All touch screen phones are basically just a glass slab with only minor differences.
    Ferretling likes this.
    09-12-11 03:26 PM
    Thats funny because I started from a picture of the Bold 9900 and just expanded. Here is a blog post you might find interesting......

Other designs are possible: Sales of Apple's iPhone should be banned
    LOL, thanks for the article...
    I know that it's a Bold 9900, what i was talking about is when i named it iblackberry (It feels almost as a sin to say iblackberry...) it's because on Blackberry you have the Trackpad but i should name it optimus-berry.

PS; I think that Blackberry is very unique.
    09-12-11 06:05 PM
    I hate an all touch device. Last one I owned, I cursed every time I'd try to type a message and it typed the wrong letters. Even worse was the text prediction sucked on it.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    09-12-11 06:52 PM
    too chubby. needs to be tall and slender...
    09-12-11 07:08 PM
    Maybe SurePress would help set it apart from the crowd.
    09-12-11 07:22 PM
    I thought it would be nice to take advantage of one of the best features of the playbook and add gestures. I think it would be impractical to increase the bezel size, so instead I removed two icons and added a gesture area. To emphasis this I added a faded border around this region that would be behind the front glass. This could be a large trackpad and support swipe gestures (A feature I think should be added to the playbook). Good? Bad?

Also had to re-add the left convenience button and forward facing camera
    09-12-11 10:53 PM
    I hope they keep the qwerty keyboard, without it it doesn't feel like a blackberry. Should be interesting I'm sure RIM will release multiple phones with the QNX os, kind of what they did for blackberry 7 phones.
    09-13-11 12:01 AM
    I hate an all touch device. Last one I owned, I cursed every time I'd try to type a message and it typed the wrong letters. Even worse was the text prediction sucked on it.
    You can turn text prediction off. I had to. I use my phone for work sometimes and there's a lot of words in my work dictionary that my BB thought weren't words. I'm also fairly confident I know what my name is and my BB kept trying to tell me my name was something else. Made me want to throw my phone at the wall until I turned that stupid predict your text feature off.

too chubby. needs to be tall and slender...
    Like a pearl? That'd mean bring back that KB with 2 letters on each key? QW ER TY UI OP ? I hated that KB style. I had it on my 7100i and hated it. If I wanted to double tap, I'd chase zombies with Woody Harrelson.
    scott.slater likes this.
    09-13-11 08:44 AM
    I hope that there is a sister device that has the qwerty keyboard, mabey to be released a bit later on.
    09-14-11 10:57 PM
    I strongly agree! That supposed "Porsche" Blackberry looks nastier than Mexican tap water thats been filtered through an Ethiopians A-hole! No thanks!
    Offensive, much?

Screenshot looks like nothing but OS7 with some UI tweaks. It will send a bad signal to non-BB users that they want to sell to. Top part with notificatiosn and stuff shouldn't be there all the time. Should come down with a gesture like the top bar with battery/reception/etc. on WP7.
    09-14-11 11:15 PM
    Great work! However, sorry bro. .... but to me it looks like a 2007 smartphone, no offence! Thanks for the work though!

I want a device exactly like the 9850 with the following:

4" screen
    Metal frame
    FFC
    Different buttons
    Dapper37 likes this.
    09-16-11 07:12 AM
    As long as we're racking up a wish list, I think RIM would do quite well with this sort of design.

The Aston Martin Phone - Hannah Elliott - Forbes

Plus, Apple can't sue for looking 'familiar'
    09-16-11 09:16 AM
    The blackberry have a fantastic device . The Bold with BIS and BES it is fantastic . It is the jewel .It did the difference because was the first .

They need improve 100% in this phone . More speed and applications as voipbuster and skype , work correct . Also prepared for the new and 4G.

Iphone and BB9860 are fashion...but are not a bold . Bold it is a truck for all work.

If RIM wish compete with Iphone ...Ok.

But please RIM don't leave / take off the qwerty or azerty .

Another thing . . RIM need improve their marketing and peolpe network .

More advertising . Picture Fresh and directed young and intelligent . People dynamic . For the executive
    09-16-11 05:34 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD