A little public shaming of these vendors claiming it's not worth the effort to build the apps, when the app is built and working and it's their call whether or not they block it... it worked for MS it might work for BB, too.
    It didn't work for MS. Google still doesn't have a YouTube app for Windows Phone.
    10-04-13 02:54 AM
    it's easy to see how BB leaders perform. they have been around for a while..see if any of their key parameter excels expectations?
    - can mr saunders attract big apps/developers? NO
    - is the money well spent on developers? 4 million dollars - if only he spend 40,000 each for 100 big apps which really really makes a difference... why spend money for micky mouse apps?
    - does it appear that his whole work got a strategy? i don't think so.
    10-04-13 03:10 AM
    Nope. The insult has nothing much (if any to do with s4BB nor hong kong). My contention is that the derogatory insinuation that anything comes or gotten in asia / by asians are bad, with the post. That is why I cried foul.

Add-on:

I added even the s4bb contention because of the same thing that happened in an another thread that somehow peoppe conveniently used s4bb as a firing salvo, hence my words in using the example of s4bb-negative insinuations.
    Sent from my A500 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-05-13 10:03 AM
    Nope. The insult has nothing much (if any to do with s4BB nor hong kong). My contention is that the derogatory insinuation that anything comes or gotten in asia / by asians are bad, with the post. That is why I cried foul.

Add-on:

I added even the s4bb contention because of the same thing that happened in an another thread that somehow peoppe conveniently used s4bb as a firing salvo, hence my words in using the example of s4bb-negative insinuations.
    Sent from my A500 using CB Forums mobile app
    Amiga 500? Dude! Retro!

Most of the S4BB apps are the throw together in 5 minutes and flood the market with ones. No value at all. Considering they make up a huge chunk of Blackberry World worldwide, and probably 90% of all the apps that have come out of the Asian region there's a correlation there. I don't think the people or region were being denigrated but the app quality maybe..
    10-05-13 06:22 PM
    No, the A500 isn't an Amiga, though I wish I could. Its an Acer A500 android tablet. Pretty good companion for these number of years.

Amiga 500? Dude! Retro!

Most of the S4BB apps are the throw together in 5 minutes and flood the market with ones. No value at all. Considering they make up a huge chunk of Blackberry World worldwide, and probably 90% of all the apps that have come out of the Asian region there's a correlation there. I don't think the people or region were being denigrated but the app quality maybe..
    can you prove that it was written under 5 minutes? You have a recording of the timing made? I'm curious where you got that data. Sure, it looks simple with an app converter, and technically it can be done under 1 minute ( I suppose that's just with good internet, press click and send, and wait, I think), and you said that S4BB made 90% of all Asian apps? Are you really sure? Alec Saunders said something different, I recall.

This post of yours smacks / reeks of racist bigotry in many ways, the same as I highlight the first post here:

Of course BB Jam happened in Asia with 1000s of devs. It's just like watching pro-wrestling in the 1960s, the hero would disappear from the TV broadcast for 3 weeks and return with some championship belt that he 'won at a tournament in South America'. Except that its 2013 and people have this thing called the internet that we can use to verify things actually happened the way you say they do.

Hundred thousand apps, sure let us just verify that any of them have a prayer of selling a copy.
    again, when you pointed that it was merely numbers, I responded that it was more insulting if the numbers from Asian devs are used, because it basically reinforces the first foul cry I made, which was the poster insinuating anything that came from Asia is bad. Ironically, you later even posted this as as a reply:

Let me again reiterate. I think we all can take bad messages, no matter how bad we have to swallow that bitter pill. However, ironically, this message is made on bad faith, where its posted just to be malicious.

I can take the message If it weren't such patronising, arrogant drivel aimed at lowering Asians / Asian devs / devs of Asian origins.

And that respond of yours just reinforced what I cried foul. Read again what you've responded, probably you'll treat it as not racist, and not a bigoted post, but from what I've read, it just reinforces my own opinion that the original poster that mentioned that as well as likes, as well as the responses that defended that post that came after that are racist and bigot in nature.

And why I feel that the message isn't consistent? First you said its numbers, then somehow you magically tied the numbers to S4BB, and you just dump your own opinion (i'm not sure how factually correct that is, about S4BB making up 90% of apps from Asian region devs) and then claimed that its just a rant against the quality. So why even bother to defend it from the first place and say "its about the numbers" when I pointed at the glaring racist statement of the poster making that weird wrestling analogy vis-a-vis to 1000 devs attending BlackBerry Jam Asia? Is it not racist and bigot? Then let me again point that you pointed at the numbers, and again therefore you're insinuating that as long as its from Asia, therefore it may have a chance coming from S4BB and therefore it must be bad. Really, compounding logic at its best?

I don't disagree s4BB made many rubbish apps, but I can probably point to a few decent (which means they aren't rubbish) apps made by the same company. What you did was defend the poster and his/her idea who simply lumped every single dev that were in that BlackBerry Jam that was Asian (racial or geographical) in origin was bad, and would pump out more bad apps. The bigot part of it is that, it is also insinuating nothing better than "rubbish" would come out from these developers, to which I find fundamentally distasteful and disagreeable.
    10-06-13 04:18 AM
    For those that thought BlackBerry could just make their own versions of popular apps without permission...

Microsoft's YouTube app for Windows Phone reverts to a web link

Microsoft, a better funded and software company, reverted back to using a web shortcut for YouTube.
    10-07-13 06:17 PM
    Conceptually he is correct. Smartphones are basically mobile computers, which combined with contextual computing and peripheral devices, will increasingly function like a window or gateway into the world around us. The problem for BB is how to make this vision a reality by creating a good strategy and properly executing it. They are already behind competitors in this area and having trouble just staying in business. His comments about the state of the company are delusional / loco / cuckoo / crazy
    10-08-13 04:34 PM
    To all "what is mobile computing" whiners and whingers:

http://crackberry.com/mobile-computing-blackberry-10

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 02:37 PM
    To all "what is mobile computing" whiners and whingers:

Mobile computing is a reality with BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    USB OTG? Seriously? That is not computing, that is allowing access to the USB port.

If you think the future of smart phones is plugging in a thumb drive to get a power point show you are wrong. Everything is moving to the cloud, not to a thumb drive.

However for me personally,
    If I can plug my Canon scanner into this TODAY and have the proper scanning software, this would be a little more along what I would like. Looks like we are not there at all. Can I plug my current printer into this TODAY and have the proper software to print on it? Don't see all of the proper software developed to use all peripherals plugged in.

Everything is moving wireless anyway...printers, scanners, file storage so even my personal expectations will change soon.
    10-16-13 02:46 PM
184 ... 678