Really don't get this guy. First check out the CB blog post.

BlackBerry's Alec Saunders: "We're definitely not going away" | CrackBerry.com

A few thoughts from Alec...

"We want people to think of our devices as mobile computing devices. We want them to think of them as a window onto the world around them. We want them to think of them as devices that interact well with other things that are in the real world around you, and do interesting and powerful and useful things for you. "

--once again, "mobile computing". No definition given yet or how it is better than the competition.

--"interact well with other things that are in the real world around you" playing the QNX card again, however have yet to see any real world results or how it differs from competition.

--"do interesting and powerful and useful things for you" what does this even mean? What is this that the competition cannot do?

"When I started with the company in August of 2011, we had just over a billion dollars in cash. Today, we're sitting at $2.7 billion in cash. Still debt-free. ..

--is this really his measure of success???

Seems he is just out to lunch. Thoughts on the article or Alec's statements anyone?
    10-01-13 05:03 PM
    What can you expect? Someone high up from BB isn't going to say how terrible everything is actually going.

All of the things mentioned is PR garbage talk. "Interact with the world around you" I don't need a phone for that though. "Do interesting and powerful things?" I mean... no. I have seen some demo's of TAT stuff and demos of BB stuff that are ACTUALLY interesting. NONE of those things ever seem to make it to the actual devices. It's just like when people say they want to engage and synergize with collaborative partners... it doesn't mean anything.
    10-01-13 05:09 PM
    What can you expect? Someone high up from BB isn't going to say how terrible everything is actually going.

All of the things mentioned is PR garbage talk. "Interact with the world around you" I don't need a phone for that though. "Do interesting and powerful things?" I mean... no. I have seen some demo's of TAT stuff and demos of BB stuff that are ACTUALLY interesting. NONE of those things ever seem to make it to the actual devices. It's just like when people say they want to engage and synergize with collaborative partners... it doesn't mean anything.
    He doesn't have to explain the bad news. But to use the cash balance as a indicator that things are positive? I mean GOODNIGHT
    VJMotz and aniym like this.
    10-01-13 05:10 PM
    i don't see how he could use the cash thing as a point. Because a quick rebuttal would've been... and just 1 quarter ago you and another billion on top of that.. yes i know that we knew that we were going to loose money (i use the term loosely - at no time have i ever held shares) but come on now...
    10-01-13 05:21 PM

"We want people to think of our devices as mobile computing devices. We want them to think of them as a window onto the world around them. We want them to think of them as devices that interact well with other things that are in the real world around you, and do interesting and powerful and useful things for you. "

--once again, "mobile computing". No definition given yet or how it is better than the competition.

--"interact well with other things that are in the real world around you" playing the QNX card again, however have yet to see any real world results or how it differs from competition.

--"do interesting and powerful and useful things for you" what does this even mean? What is this that the competition cannot do?

"When I started with the company in August of 2011, we had just over a billion dollars in cash. Today, we're sitting at $2.7 billion in cash. Still debt-free. ..

Seems he is just out to lunch. Thoughts on the article or Alec's statements anyone?
    What is delusional is your continuing to post here when it is clear that you don't like Blackberry.
    10-01-13 05:26 PM

I thought it was good... Wow, you were so excited for BB10... You must have gotten burned bad. You basically disappeared and then reappeared with all kinds of hate for BB, haha
    10-01-13 05:28 PM
    What is delusional is your continuing to post here when it is clear that you don't like Blackberry.
    Don't make this about me. I just activated a Bold 9000 to go with my z10 and playbooks
    10-01-13 05:32 PM
    Alec is the ****. Alec for CEO.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    10-01-13 05:34 PM
    He doesn't have to explain the bad news. But to use the cash balance as a indicator that things are positive? I mean GOODNIGHT
    Yeah, but considering the rapid implosion of this company, to even have money left is shocking to most people who hear it.

$2.5 billion isn't near enough to keep BlackBerry running the way it had been running in years past (with a bunch of devices being pumped out a year).

I don't think he's using the "we aren't totally broke" line as a measure of success, I think he's putting it in perspective... that despite the downfall in recent years, they still have more money than when he started. And now, with 40% of their employees being laid off and no new devices in the pipeline, $2.5 billion dollars and no debt...well, it's in no way where they thought they'd be or even where they want to be, but all things considered, for being a "dead company," $2.5 billion dollars and no debt is still something positive.

It's not like he's out there straight up lying or misleading people. He even just told people that if they want to share pictures on BB10, to pretty much not hold their breath for Instagram, and find another photo sharing service. That's a lot of straight talk for someone so high up.
    10-01-13 05:34 PM
    Come on - only HAPPY THOUGHTS for the nosers here - everything is great!
    10-01-13 05:35 PM
    If millions of z10 were not made then cash would be over 3bill

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 05:37 PM
    Don't make this about me. I just activated a Bold 9000 to go with my z10 and playbooks
    But... it's hard to see the point here. Would you prefer he just keep his mouth shut? And what would you have the company itself do at this point, anyway?

And don't take it personally. I raise the question because there are a lot of threads with a tone similar to this one. And a lot of others that seem to wind up with gleeful "I-told-you-so" comments, so I find myself at a loss trying to understand the mentality.
    10-01-13 05:37 PM

I have a issue with all the "we want people to think" statements. Guess what Alec, people can think for themselves. Sheesh, these guys never get it.
    10-01-13 05:38 PM
    Come on dude, enough is enough, if they are gonna die then they will die. Can you please stop beating this subject to death? Let BlackBerry die in peace if you want them dead so badly.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1, undone, maddie1128 and 2 others like this.
    10-01-13 05:41 PM
    But... it's hard to see the point here. Would you prefer he just keep his mouth shut? And what would you have the company itself do at this point, anyway?

And don't take it personally. I raise the question because there are a lot of threads with a tone similar to this one. And a lot of others that seem to wind up with gleeful "I-told-you-so" comments, so I find myself at a loss trying to understand the mentality.
    Honestly thunderbuck I think we could have done without any of his statements in the article
    10-01-13 05:41 PM
    Alec Saunders needs to go Jail with his Pals from S4bb who helped defraud shareholders. Nothing less will satisfy me.
    10-01-13 05:42 PM
    Come on dude, enough is enough, if they are gonna die then they will die. Can you please stop beating this subject to death? Let BlackBerry die in peace if you want them dead so badly.

Posted via CB10
    Beating what subject to death? This is a thread about a new blog post with new statements
    10-01-13 05:43 PM
    They have someone to save them.
    10-01-13 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but Alec Saunders holds a particular place in my "Who Helped Kill Blackberry" file. He's pretty responsible in a lot of ways in my opinion and his corporate spin language is first class bs. He made a public statement, and I think I'm still allowed to comment on it.
    10-01-13 05:51 PM
    Honestly thunderbuck I think we could have done without any of his statements in the article
    He didn't say anything untruthful. Assuming BB doesn't take billion-dollar writedowns every quarter, they do still have the cash to operate. With more devices available to more users (and the prospect of discounted Z10s expanding that base faster), the platform stands a chance to become slooooowly more attractive to developers.

Alec was doing what he was being paid to do: say whatever he can to improve developer confidence in the platform. Until he flat out lies about something, where's your beef?
    SK122387, kbz1960, AggreX and 8 others like this.
    10-01-13 05:55 PM
    Sorry, but Alec Saunders holds a particular place in my "Who Helped Kill Blackberry" file. He's pretty responsible in a lot of ways in my opinion and his corporate spin language is first class bs. He made a public statement, and I think I'm still allowed to comment on it.
    Please, tell us more. How did Saunders "kill" BlackBerry?
    10-01-13 05:56 PM
    LMAO, what other spin do you expect?

"I know we screwed up numerous times in the past. But this time it's the BOMB!"

"We flushed your great app's prospects and thanks for your commitment and hard work."

"Now you sadists, please continue developing those new and exciting apps. As we have something special in store for you freaks."

LOL (sarcasm)

Sent from CB app on Android
    kbz1960, spyeagle and Etios like this.
    10-01-13 05:59 PM
    How is Alec Saunders in any way responsible?

Posted via CB10
    badiyee likes this.
    10-01-13 06:09 PM
    I said he's one of the people who helped.
    Do you want me to spell it out to you? You haven't heard of a little thing called Apps?
    He's the head of Developer Relations. 2+2 = sometimes does equal 4.
    10-01-13 06:09 PM
    Thunderbuck, you cannot seriously ask a question like that? Really?

Let me help here: Lying and deceiving, pumping the stock with un truths and pumping the store with
    46,274 F*cking City Maps...Ever heard of Google Maps..yes..that is one App. and that is pure fraud and Saunders and S4BB perpetrated on the BB community and shareholders. It is this behavior that killed the brand. And he did it all from a Falcon at 45,000 feet...nice

He needs to go to jail.
    My take on the Alec Saunders Interview-screen-shot-2013-09-28-15.25.46.jpgMy take on the Alec Saunders Interview-screen-shot-2013-09-28-15.22.43.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails My take on the Alec Saunders Interview-screen-shot-2013-09-28-15.29.50.jpg  
    10-01-13 06:10 PM
184 123 ...