Now I don't know if this will help anyone, but it sure did me.
    I was having a really hard time with TwitterBerry, and their lack of working notifications. So i deleted the app, signed up for the SMS text alerts, and downloaded TinyTwitter. I get SMS updates instantly when theres a new post (much nicer than setting it to go onto the data network every __ minutes to check) and i use TinyTwitter to read past posts, and just to show people "LOOK! Miley and Taylor have Twitter!"

So that's my Twitter solution, that works really well for me. I hope someone finds this helpful.

P.S. If you're wondering why i don't use TwitterBerry if I don't want notifications from it, it's because TinyTwitter doesn't freeze and lag when scrolling like TwitterBerry. And you can read full posts without clicking it.
    03-31-09 02:22 PM
    I use socialscope since tb kept messing up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 04:17 PM
    Sorry... I'm new...

So do your alerts get charged like regular text messages? I don't have an unlimited text messaging plan outside of my network (Verizon).

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
    03-31-09 04:27 PM
    This is exactly what I do. The only thing is that I only allow "tweats" to come in from one person on Twitter.
    03-31-09 04:34 PM
    Does tinytwitter use sms? I see a setting for it in the menu, but not sure if it is actually using it.
    03-31-09 05:01 PM
    twitter is lame
    03-31-09 05:17 PM
    twitter is lame
    Word.
    03-31-09 06:57 PM
    Word.
    Which one?
    03-31-09 07:01 PM
    This is exactly what I do. The only thing is that I only allow "tweats" to come in from one person on Twitter.
    i only allow them from the three people i follow XD
    miley cyrus, mandy jiroux, and taylor swift.
    03-31-09 07:05 PM
    Does tinytwitter use sms? I see a setting for it in the menu, but not sure if it is actually using it.
    i have no idea.
    i have SMS alerts set up through Twiiter.com
    tinytwitter for me is just to go more in depth when i want too.
    and how do you NOT have unlimited text?!
    i send at least 3000 a month,
    oh wait, maybe your not 14
    03-31-09 07:08 PM
    No, I am not 14 and everyone I would text has a Blackberry so I use BBM. I get a limit of 250 text a month and don't want to burn them using twitter. I guess I wll just test it out and see what happens.

03-31-09 07:15 PM
    I like twitter and all, but I will never subscribe to the SMS alerts... No one needs to be THAT connected. I have turned off all alerts for TwitterBerry and check it when it suits me.
    03-31-09 07:17 PM
    I like twitter and all, but I will never subscribe to the SMS alerts... No one needs to be THAT connected. I have turned off all alerts for TwitterBerry and check it when it suits me.
    i need to be THAT connected to my love Mileyyy!
    03-31-09 07:20 PM
    I grew tired of TwitterBerry as well. The new version of TinyTwitter is simply great. The search feature alone makes it the best Twitter app around. Also, TB is pretty bugged - I'd frequently get a lot of uncaught exceptions and other Java errors. Plus compared to TinyTwitter, the newest TB's timeline UI is straight fugly. TT 4 LIfe! (At least until SocialScope comes out of closed beta)

03-31-09 08:05 PM
    I grew tired of TwitterBerry as well. The new version of TinyTwitter is simply great. The search feature alone makes it the best Twitter app around. Also, TB is pretty bugged - I'd frequently get a lot of uncaught exceptions and other Java errors. Plus compared to TinyTwitter, the newest TB's timeline UI is straight fugly. TT 4 LIfe! (At least until SocialScope comes out of closed beta)

yeah, i love tinytwitter.
    and im waiting to check out social scope as well.
    03-31-09 08:44 PM
    I like TwitterBerry. Are you guys using the latest build? I'm not...
    03-31-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD