Well it happened again. I've just gone through a second Z10 (blue screen of death). It's a bit frustrating, but I've always got a back up on hand, so back to the trusty 9900 for a couple days until my new Z30 arrives! (Also, on the brightside the Z10 is still under warranty so I'll be getting another one of those too) I love new phone season more than anything
    12-10-13 10:42 AM
    blue screen of death? No one told me the z10 is running windows xp.
    tutibreaker and Kimberella like this.
    12-10-13 10:49 AM
    I guess there's a positive side to everything.
    12-10-13 10:51 AM
    Most people won't ever see it. If you search the forums though its occurred to other people. The phone will freeze up, the screen will go completely blue, it shuts off, and then nothing works any longer. The LED will flash but the phone will never boot. It was sad, but I'm super happy to have a reason to get the Z30 now...

I'm sure it happened with my first Z10 also, but I didn't see the screen as it was in my pocket when that one died.
    12-10-13 10:55 AM
    Sounds like a happy accident to me. Enjoy your new phone
    12-10-13 10:57 AM
    Most people won't ever see it. If you search the forums though its occurred to other people. The phone will freeze up, the screen will go completely blue, it shuts off, and then nothing works any longer. The LED will flash but the phone will never boot. It was sad, but I'm super happy to have a reason to get the Z30 now...

I'm sure it happened with my first Z10 also, but I didn't see the screen as it was in my pocket when that one died.
    What causes them to die suddenly? Does anyone actually know?
    12-10-13 10:58 AM
    Sounds like a happy accident to me. Enjoy your new phone
    It honestly is, I thought I was going to skip that generation and get whatever came out next. I'm happy to be getting a Z30 now!
    12-10-13 11:01 AM
    What causes them to die suddenly? Does anyone actually know?
    Idk, I've had the same one for almost a year and haven't had any issues :S

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 11:01 AM
    I do wonder if I push it a little hard. I'm an extremely heavy user of the phone. Charge it with the high capacity PB charger, and always run the latest leak. Could be a combination of those things. Or maybe I was just unlucky in the ones I got.
    12-10-13 11:03 AM
    I actually saw a blip of a blue-screen just last week, for the first time. Startled me at first, but everything's been running smooth since then. It hung up, flashed blue, then continued on like nothing happened. ~shrugs~ hopefully it's fine! Been running strong since February.
    12-10-13 11:33 AM
    So I'll still be getting the Z30, but I figure I'll try a few more things before sending the Z10 in for a refurbished unit. I've tried a few different autoloaders now. For awhile I was getting the error LED binary code 10111011. Then once I load up 10.2.1.1055 it goes away. If I use link to do a reload of official software it comes back.

I've searched the forums and have seen other people mention the 10111011 code a few times, mostly people with Dev devices, but they don't seem to know what the code stands for. Anyone know?
    12-10-13 12:09 PM
    Z30 it is. You will b happy :-)
    12-10-13 12:42 PM
    So I'll still be getting the Z30, but I figure I'll try a few more things before sending the Z10 in for a refurbished unit. I've tried a few different autoloaders now. For awhile I was getting the error LED binary code 10111011. Then once I load up 10.2.1.1055 it goes away. If I use link to do a reload of official software it comes back.

I've searched the forums and have seen other people mention the 10111011 code a few times, mostly people with Dev devices, but they don't seem to know what the code stands for. Anyone know?
    So is the Z10 an unreliable phone ? Is the Q a more reliable phone ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-10-13 07:33 PM
    I got the blue screen of death on an earlier Z10. It was my old PlayBook charger that killed it I believe. I threw the charger out and now I stick to the one that came with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    12-10-13 07:40 PM

In my personal experience my Z10 is the most reliable and problem free phone I've ever owned.
    And I started keeping up with (non BlackBerry) Smartphones/PDAs in the year 2000.
    Sure people will disagree with me, but I can only speak from my personal experience.

I've never had the reboot-thing, but I know it would have driven me crazy.
    Edit: As for the Q I can't comment as I've never used one.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:47 PM

He just finished saying he runs leaks, that could be it

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:57 PM
    Mine did this. I got full warranty and a new phone. Even with the screen cracked.

Very random. This phone has been rock solid.

Devices: iPhone 5, galaxy S3, I pad 2, PlayBook, ms Surface,
    Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:24 PM
    Mine did this. I got full warranty and a new phone. Even with the screen cracked.

Very random. This phone has been rock solid.

Devices: iPhone 5, galaxy S3, I pad 2, PlayBook, ms Surface,
    Posted via CB10
    How the screen got cracked?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:09 AM
    Strange that the z10 failed but congrats on the z30 I like mine

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:20 AM
    I got the blue screen of death on an earlier Z10. It was my old PlayBook charger that killed it I believe. I threw the charger out and now I stick to the one that came with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Really? Now I am worried! That is how I charge my Z10! It just works so brilliantly as it charges it so fast!
    12-11-13 07:56 AM

I don't own a Q but I do own a Z10. The phone on the whole has been reliable but at the same time its not free of bugs. The restart issue is gone now and has been for months. I do find some lag sometimes, I also notice glitches like yesterday while I was responding to a text message and the whole text history of that one conversation vanished.

Little things but at the same time, I have been running leaks and I have never turned the thing off except at movie theatres.
    12-11-13 07:58 AM
    I notice the text thing to sometimes, but it reappears after a few seconds. I have a Q10. Awesome phone tho and still under a year old

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 05:38 PM
    Really? Now I am worried! That is how I charge my Z10! It just works so brilliantly as it charges it so fast!
    I think it was just that particular charger had gone bad. It killed more than one device from what I can tell. But, just to be safe I stopped using my other playbook chargers and stick to the one that comes with it.
    12-14-13 05:49 PM
    Well it happened again. I've just gone through a second Z10 (blue screen of death). It's a bit frustrating, but I've always got a back up on hand, so back to the trusty 9900 for a couple days until my new Z30 arrives! (Also, on the brightside the Z10 is still under warranty so I'll be getting another one of those too) I love new phone season more than anything
    OP, did you use playbook charger for you z10? May be use proper charger that came with the package for work on the safe side. Same may apply for your new z30.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:19 PM
    The other day my Z30 was flashing blue lights and I thought it was dying on me; I pressed the power key & both volume buttons and held them for a good 30 seconds or so and the Z30 rebooted itself. I almost freaked out.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:47 PM
35 12