Seriously, WTF. Now I know how career reviewers feel. Sorry for trying, jeez.
    02-01-13 10:03 PM
    Nice review.. But lol at trying to be "unbiased"..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Do not agree. It's not biased.
    revtech likes this.
    02-01-13 10:08 PM
    I'm also Nokia shareholder. What's your point?

Can someone point out the bias? Is there anything in that review that is incorrect?
    It doesn't matter what you say someone will find fault with it. People will claim anything they read that proposes a different view to theirs as biased. These people suffer from confirmation bias. I would simply stop responding. Your article was well written, I liked your perspective on things. Your opinion is important to me as I, like yourself, am a blackberry user and am interested in the Z10. You mentioned in your article you have used a blackberry for many years so straight away I know your opinion might be skewed towards hoping and wanting to see blackberry succeed. But that's ok, because I do to. Your perspective on the Z10 has removed any doubts I have had about it.

What Im curious about is that these people here critiquing you for being "biased", did they claim the same on articles which offer far more negative views of the Z10, articles which use questionable methods of testing and purporting dubious claims? I doubt it

I just re read the article and just want to add, people claiming it to be biased are pretty stupid. This article is an opinion piece. How can anyone expect you to write anything other then your own opinion in an opinion piece article. The fact theyre here trying to show off their illusory superiority claiming you are biased is clearly evidence of their dislike for blackberry as a whole.

And to those people, you're not smarter then the rest of us, we see through your guise of fairness and impartiality. Perhaps you should just venture somewhere else
    Last edited by helis4life; 02-01-13 at 10:21 PM.
    02-01-13 10:09 PM
    That doesn't even make any sense. So you're saying it doesn't matter what I write, it would always be biased.
    It's two of the usual suspects. There's about five of them on here. Just have to ignore them
    02-01-13 10:14 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    excellent review!! � actual real consumers are starting to speak � not media with hidden agendas �
    Great review, thanks .
    It doesn't matter what you say someone will find fault with it. People will claim anything they read that proposes a different view to theirs as biased. These people suffer from confirmation bias. I would simply stop responding. Your article was well written, I liked your perspective on things. Your opinion is important to me as I, like yourself, am a blackberry user and am interested in the Z10. You mentioned in your article you have used a blackberry for many years so straight away I know your opinion might be skewed towards hoping and wanting to see blackberry succeed. But that's ok, because I do to. Your perspective on the Z10 has removed any doubts I have had about it.

What Im curious about is that these people here critiquing you for being "biased", did they claim the same on articles which offer far more negative views of the Z10, articles which use questionable methods of testing and purporting dubious claims? I doubt it
    Agree and we'll said!
    02-01-13 10:20 PM
    I should also add that this is my first review, ever. I've never done one before. I'm also a software developer, writing a review is akin to writing documentation, and that's something that developers just don't do
    I know what you are saying here. Welcome to journalism, nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to stay too long.
    02-01-13 10:25 PM

That's the thing. Other testers actually have methods of testing things and comparisons based on tests (whether they're questionable or not) rather than just opinionated basis. When the OP complained that the GS3 didn't have a bezel and he had difficulty holding it.. I knew right there it wasn't an "unbiased" piece. And who seriously asks for a comparison review after "only a few hours" with a device?

mikeo007 likes this.
    02-01-13 10:26 PM
    Umm..where to start? The whole thing reeks of bias..which is fine. Just don't try to claim it doesn't. He makes it sound like the Z10 is absolutely flawless.. When we all know it isn't.

keep rickrolling buddy. We all know you wouldn't stop anyways.
    02-01-13 10:26 PM
    You have a vested interest and are protecting your investment. Don't play coy. A review doesn't have to be inaccurate to be biased.
    You have to be joking. You think a review in a Fan Forum that at MAX 1000 (very generous) people will see is going to affect the share price? Amazing. This logic shows were you are coming from with most of your posts.

Or have you bestowed upon yourself the power to decide what is and isn't biased? Guess what, every review is biased. But you'd think a review by you wouldn't be, but again, goes with your logic.
    02-01-13 10:32 PM
    I should also add that this is my first review, ever. I've never done one before. I'm also a software developer, writing a review is akin to writing documentation, and that's something that developers just don't do
    I appreciate the review. Not everyone would take the time to put that together after only six hours. Thanks for keeping us informed.
    02-01-13 10:34 PM
    Gotta love the way some people hijack a thread around here, it's getting tiresome
    02-01-13 10:35 PM
    That's the thing. Other testers actually have methods of testing things and comparisons based on tests (whether they're questionable or not) rather than just opinionated basis. When the OP complained that the GS3 didn't have a bezel and he had difficulty holding it.. I knew right there it wasn't an "unbiased" piece.

Like this one?

"We put it to a pretty tough test, burying the above novelty statue in the deepest darkest corner of the office. We didn�t use any flash, but if a camera came with built-in night or low-light setting we tried it out to see if it worked better than the automatic setting"

Hardly definitive, controlled or impartial. Sooooo where is your comment on the bottom of that article calling in to question their methods?

But I guess it doesn't matter because they included a "test" in their article. Or maybe its because this article aligns more closely with your own perspective on blackberry
    02-01-13 10:35 PM

Or have you bestowed upon yourself the power to decide what is and isn't biased? Guess what, every review is biased.
    Actually the OP says his isn't.. Just as BGR's isn't.

mikeo007 likes this.
    02-01-13 10:49 PM
    Umm..where to start? The whole thing reeks of bias..which is fine. Just don't try to claim it doesn't. He makes it sound like the Z10 is absolutely flawless.. When we all know it isn't.

have you used it yet? he has and the fact that he has a Samsung device and compared them makes him a ton more credible than your statement of derisiion...sorry
    02-01-13 10:55 PM

ssssh (whisper) its ok to say you like it. dont worry they wont notice
    02-01-13 11:00 PM
    have you used it yet? he has and the fact that he has a Samsung device and compared them makes him a ton more credible than your statement of derisiion...sorry
    When I get mine next week I'll be sure to post an unbiased review as well

mikeo007 likes this.
    02-01-13 11:11 PM
    Its a review from a human, of course it has some bias viewpoints. Every review does. I think its a good account from 1 persons perspective and hands on with the actual device. Will i take it as truth, never. Read 100 reviews and get prolly 90 different views on every topic.
    02-01-13 11:14 PM

You miss post #35? We all know you didn't.

We should really continue to focus on this bias thing. Thanks for that. But just so you have a better idea of what the OP is talking about, Go read the BGR review of BB10 and maybe you will understand how he says his was unbiased in comparison. But dont worry rickroller, we get it, BGR fits your bias so its unbiased to you. Keep on rickrolling buddy, its obvious thats why you are here. I'm going to go listen to some Rick Astley.

Thanks for the review OP. Cant wait to get a Z10. Looks awesome. Simon Sage's android app porting post was pretty cool, you can basically run android on top of BB10, pretty amazing. Shows which OS is the boss. I guess for any techy people you can get whatever app you desire on BB10. I'd add 70,000 to whatever android has.
    02-01-13 11:21 PM

He's right actually. The OP did state that his article was unbiased, however its an opinion piece therefore by definition it is "biased" towards the writers perspective. However in the article he never claimed anything other that that he liked some stuff and didn't like other stuff. The article is immensely useful to me because my perspective will be very similar

But look with regards to BGR "review", I wont go over the entire article because I don't feel it is worthy of my attention but Ill bring two points to light

1. "As far the display, it�s a 4.2-inch screen with a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels. It looks good, but not great compared to other high-end smartphones that are packing a boatload more pixels than the Z10"

The Z10 has one of the highest pixel count of any device. Higher then Lumia 920, Iphone5, Samsung GS3, Note 2, Nexus 4. What other high end smartphones is he refering to that have a "boatload" more pixels. And what the **** is a "boatload". This paragraph lacks any sort of supporting evidence. Poor journalism

2. "Research In Motion told me that the screen has an �anti-fingerprint and grease coating� when I asked if it was oleophobic, but it really doesn�t work well. After using the phone for just a couple of hours, the display had grease all over it that couldn�t be rubbed off and it started to interfere with touch sensing for different tasks. No, I�m not that greasy."

I can tell you one thing with absolute certainty, the Z10 does not leak "grease". Im sorry Jonathan S. Geller, you are indeed that greasy

If you rate the BGR article and not the OP's that clearly demonstrates to us how your aligned towards blackberry z10
    02-01-13 11:28 PM
    Review means your are giving your on personal take on it. A personal take or opinion does not mean there is a bias. Bias means you already had a favourite in mind before that review even began, and that didn't change. He does not appear to be playing favourites, just his take on it...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bias?s=t:
    jesse_h, Bobert_123 and Jake Storm like this.
    02-01-13 11:31 PM
    In the Apps section of your review, could you add a little description about the 1000 top android / iphone apps they announced on Wednesday that BB 10 would have?
    02-01-13 11:34 PM
    fwiw:

netflix is rumored to be coming and Google maps can be sideloaded.
    02-01-13 11:53 PM
    I read Dropbox is well integrated into every file system and app on the phone. So it basically behaves like a native cloud service. Since the OP doesn't use them, has anyone who does been able to confirm this...as an unbiased non-stockholder robot of course.
    02-01-13 11:53 PM
103 1234 ...