Since my Z10, I've used my Playbook less.

If my Playbook had BB10, I'd use the Playbook more than my Z10 (with bridge of course).
    Since it doesn't have BB10, I just hook up the hdmi every now and then to my Z10 to expand the screen size (would prefer Miracast or at least a proprietary Apple AirPlay like peripheral)
    My Z10 is better than my PlayBook in nearly every way. Of course my 9900 blows the Z10 out of the water when it comes to text manipulation and email functions.
    09-27-13 01:46 AM
    That doesn't close apps. That minimizes them. You have to hit the BlackBerry button twice to see running apps, and then hit blackberry button again and go exit or close.
    Or just press and hold the "back" key for a couple of seconds until the app disappears. That closes apps.
    09-27-13 01:47 AM
    Same here. The email on the 10 is garbage. At least for a business user. I already sold my Q10 and I am in the process of selling my Z10. I bought a brand new sealed 9930 on ebay for 180$. Very happy now

Posted via CB10
    Whilst it may be true, sad thing is supposedly same emails flaw does not stop iPhone and Android from being adopted in a lot of corporate space.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:39 AM
    The email on the 10 is garbage.
    RE: email, are there any changes to email on 10.2, i.e Delete on handheld only?
    09-27-13 05:31 AM
    This is the most ridiculous thread ever, overall BB10 is far superior to BB7. Just because phone short cuts take an extra two or three key strokes is a ridiculous complaint. Do you prefer the slow browser or apps on BB7? Or how about the slow reboot? Just ridiculous, you must use a rotary dial phone.
    09-27-13 06:05 AM
    This is the most ridiculous thread ever, overall BB10 is far superior to BB7. Just because phone short cuts take an extra two or three key strokes is a ridiculous complaint. Do you prefer the slow browser or apps on BB7? Or how about the slow reboot? Just ridiculous, you must use a rotary dial phone.
    If you use your phone as a phone or messaging phone BB7 is miles faster.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:13 AM
    Since my Z10, I've used my Playbook less.

If my Playbook had BB10, I'd use the Playbook more than my Z10 (with bridge of course).
    Since it doesn't have BB10, I just hook up the hdmi every now and then to my Z10 to expand the screen size (would prefer Miracast or at least a proprietary Apple AirPlay like peripheral)
    In our house we have a Iphone- Ipad combo and a Nexus 7 -2nd. I can see the value in having a tablet with the same OS because you get used to the tricks and can operate both devices more efficiently. It is a detriment to BlackBerry not having a modern tablet device that operates on BB10.

As an aside I do have that PB-9900 combo. The Playbook would have been OK if you could operate a decent mainstream browser like Chrome etc. and of course there is the lack of apps issue.
    09-27-13 09:01 AM
    If BlackBerry goes prosumer maybe we can hope for the addition of the trackpad and phone buttons on the Q's and a slider model with the same. The 9900 and 9810 were great business phones . Why is BlackBerry so out of touch with their core user base ?
    09-27-13 09:22 AM
    Or just press and hold the "back" key for a couple of seconds until the app disappears. That closes apps.
    for "newbies" Close an app so that it is not running in the background - BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Smartphones - User Guide - BlackBerry Bold Series - 7.0
    09-27-13 09:35 AM
    I'm still under contract with Sprint, and still rocking my Bold 9930. Can't wait for my contract to end soon, trying to decide on the Z10 or the Z30 and I don't see either one being to much of a problem learning new gestures. My oldest son is trying to steer me toward Samsung Galaxy S4, but with all due respect, I'm a BlackBerry kind of guy.
    09-27-13 10:48 AM
    A Z10 is worth less than a PlayBook to me ... I would rather have a 7" screen to watch media than a 4" one, wouldn't you?
    Problem is the PlayBook can't handle the media my PlayBook never makes it threw a YouTube video.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 01:58 PM
    A Z10 is worth less than a PlayBook to me ... I would rather have a 7" screen to watch media than a 4" one, wouldn't you?
    How silly you'd look using a PlayBook sized device to make a phone call.

Plus closing out apps is a pain on the Z10 - you have to swipe it up and then hit that tiny x. On the Bold you just hit the cancel key. So much better !
    I do think BB10 should allow you to swipe an app closed by swiping from the bottom bezel to the top. Swipe half way and it minimizes to an active tile, swipe all the way and it closes. Not sure why they leave this out.
    09-27-13 02:06 PM

This kind of brainless garbage is one of the main reasons BlackBerry died ... sh!t, goddamn I am so depressed at people's stupidity.
    09-27-13 02:12 PM
    Problem is the PlayBook can't handle the media my PlayBook never makes it threw a YouTube video.

Posted via CB10
    My first PlayBook couldn't stream Flash properly either ... so bad I contact BlackBerry support, insulted them when they couldn't fix it and sold my PlayBook in disgust. however when I got a new one a few months later the streaming problem seemed to be resolved and now it plays Flash beautifully.
    09-27-13 02:13 PM
    How silly you'd look using a PlayBook sized device to make a phone call.

I wouldn't ... I would never use anything other than a QWERTY as a mobile phone. The tablet is for BlackBerry Bridge and multimedia.

My point was that the perceived benefits of the Z10 as a mobile phone - the touch screen and dual core CPU lol - are nonsense because it's inappropriate as a professional messaging device and it's inadequate as a multimedia device because the small screen is worthless for watching videos on.

My Bold 9900 can play music and stream mobile versions of Youtube videos perfectly BTW.
    09-27-13 02:15 PM
    In our house we have a Iphone- Ipad combo and a Nexus 7 -2nd. I can see the value in having a tablet with the same OS because you get used to the tricks and can operate both devices more efficiently. It is a detriment to BlackBerry not having a modern tablet device that operates on BB10.

As an aside I do have that PB-9900 combo. The Playbook would have been OK if you could operate a decent mainstream browser like Chrome etc. and of course there is the lack of apps issue.

That Android tablet won't play Flash ... crap as a multimedia device for the home.

The iPad probably has apps for those things but it's also very expensive and I won't waste my money on Apple products.
    09-27-13 02:17 PM
    Then stick to a dump phone or BB7 if phone calls and email is your main purpose BB10 is light years ahead of legact BlackBerry's
    09-27-13 03:30 PM
    This kind of brainless garbage is one of the main reasons BlackBerry died ... sh!t, goddamn I am so depressed at people's stupidity.
    Actually it's your kind of thinking why consumers either abandoned or did not adopt BlackBerry and why they will be a niche company at best
    09-27-13 03:35 PM
    Actually it's your kind of thinking why consumers either abandoned or did not adopt BlackBerry and why they will be a niche company at best
    I think it is better to be a niche company that a no such company.
    09-27-13 04:47 PM
    That doesn't close apps. That minimizes them. You have to hit the BlackBerry button twice to see running apps, and then hit blackberry button again and go exit or close.

Foolish.

Posted via CB10
    You made my day, darling.
    09-27-13 04:57 PM
45 12