Ok, I'm looking for advice or tips on how I should go about my problem I have I will briefly explain.

My original blackberry I owned was the pearl on Telus. I decided to give my contract over to my father so I could get a new phone after having my pearl for over a year. I got the blackberry storm, great phone none the less just few minor small glitches. I kept getting constant drop calls within the first week and starting to get fed up with Telus. So after going through alot of bull. I decided that I would switch to the blackberry bold on Rogers. I was asked by my sales representative if I would like to "Port" my storm's number to my new bold. So I said ya sure why not? So I purchased my bold. Returned my storm and was in the process of cancelling the contract with my rep. Afterwards I was told I needed to "Port" my number back from my bold to my storm so they could close the account. Sure, no big deal I got time. They do that my contract with telus is cancelled the end, no. My bold is left without a phone number now woopie! My rep tries calling Rogers activation and is told I will have to wait 30 days before I can get a new number!! I just bought this phone 30minutes prior and I'm told I have to wait 30 days to use it now??? My account with Rogers is apparently "SPINNING" so they don't know what to do to get me a new number today. WTF? Here I am pist out of my mind. I like Rogers but this is still extremely unacceptable customer service. I have never heard of anything like this happening previous. If anyone out there has please comment or leave me a note on advice or whatever thanks!
    I'll be going back to where I bought it tomorrow to stand around for hours on end till I get this resolved!
    02-26-09 10:16 PM
    We can put a man on the moon but you cant get a number? I think someone is jerking you around. Might be your old carrier....ask for a different number if you dont care about having the same number. I know i would loose my mind...but then again I dont port my numbers either.
    Last edited by rlp32; 02-26-09 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typo
    02-26-09 10:25 PM
    Porting numbers have always been a problem. Years ago when I changed from US Cellular to AT&T, USCC refused to give me my number, so I went with a new one. Same with my wife a year later when she changed. This month, I got a Storm and wanted the USCC my son was using be ported to the Storm. It took them over 10 days to do it and my son was without a phone that long. Verizon's phone rep was really frustrated because he said it shoudl only take about an hour but they always seem to have this problem with USCC.

Personally, I like a new number once in awhile. I can notify my friends of the new number and let the ones I don't want to hear from search for me. It gives me a little satisfaction to know that I am anonymous for awhile.
    02-26-09 10:58 PM
    Yeah that sucks
    It happened to me before so now before I delete an account I just have the carrier port the number. After that the new carrier usually iniatiates the contract cancel with your old company and you don't even have to talk to them.
    I guess this is one of those bad times
    Sorry to hear of your crappy luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 11:04 PM
    Yep I had the same thing happen to me. I got jerked around tryin to port my number for almost a week. Fact is some carriers are slower @ this than others. After almost a week I told them that if my number wasn't ported I would cancel my account with vzw...but only after I got my attorney involved. The problem was my old carrier and not vzw but they had my phone ported in like 5 min and called me back to make sure my phone was "working correctly". Sometimes you have to get nasty to make your point...sounds like this is one of those times.
    02-26-09 11:18 PM
    sounds like someone is giving you the run-around. good luck Wes1x and welcome to CrackBerry
    02-27-09 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD