I am new to the site, and I am FED UP!! with the blackberry pearl. I just had to send off for another one (it is under warranty and they keep sending me the same piece of crap pearl). I absolutely hate it. Here is the issue...it keeps scrolling. I have no control over it. The only think I can do it answer calls, and dial a number. I cannot access anything because it constantly makes the scrolling sound and scrolls around on its own. also, whenever I turn it off even the screen and trackball still glows lightly. It wouldn't be a big deal if I wasn't on a work trip. My new phone will be here next week sometime, but I need to do something now! I cannot text or do anything. Please help!
    06-16-08 12:17 AM
    i am no expert at all.
    but i've had several issues with my pearl. Track ball was not one of them.
    Have you tried takeing the battery out and completly restarting the device?
    is there maybe something stuck behind the ball to make it do this?
    good that you'r getting a next one next week, and that it was still under warentee.

Wait for other's responces, maybe they'll be more helpfull. Sorry.
    best of luck!
    06-16-08 01:31 AM
    Wow! Reading these two posts, I'm even more thankful for spellcheck on my computer and BlackBerry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 01:34 AM
    wow...thanks for your help barnes. wasn't aware that our posts were being checked by our high school grammar teachers. just for some background i made a 31 on the english portion of my ACT. I am not illiterate. I just don't really get off on typing everything as well as you do online. In response to the first post: yes i have taken the battery out several times. That is all I know to do really
    06-16-08 02:06 AM
    Wow! Reading these two posts, I'm even more thankful for spellcheck on my computer and BlackBerry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And this helped how?
    06-29-08 01:51 PM
    I had a similar problem with my 8830. Try taking a piece of fabric (not paper towel) with some rubbing alcohol on it and lightly rub it on the track ball. This will either work or it won't. HAHA. good luck.
    06-29-08 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD