Hey fam, just wanted to share that my Pearl got tired of watching me drink coffee every morning and decided to take a sip Yeah, I dropped her in a cup of java this morning for just a moment, I quickly retrieved it but the coffee had a lot of sugar as well as creamer. I have been drying it out and finally had a chance to log on to Crackberry to get advice and after doing a search, I read that rice may save her, so I have it in a bag of rice as I type. Don't have insurance and not due for an upgrade until December, so here's to hoping rice works for me. Will keep yall posted.
    03-29-09 09:34 PM
    I wish you the best. It might work you never know I have seen at least a dozen success stories

The "alot of sugar" is a little worrisome but we shall see. If you have any of the little silica baggies that are in some medicines or food packages throw them in there as well - may help....... Keep us posted
    03-29-09 09:37 PM
    Yep go to your local pharmacy and ask them for some extra dessicants...believe me they have plenty. Tell them not to worry that you won't eat them. Good luck!
    03-29-09 09:40 PM
    Y
    BlackBerrys are deathly allergic to coffee! Best of luck on a full and speedy recovery.

You're doing the best possible thing with the rice, just be patient and let it dry thoroughly before you try and reboot. You did pull the battery and cover on it, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-29-09 09:42 PM
    Yes, I did pull the battery and cover...thanks. Now its a matter of wait and see.
    03-29-09 09:46 PM
    Rice?! Gosh I found out about CB too late! One of my phones found itself in a lake one year. Ahhh. Water damage. It's the worst! I'm pulling for you.
    03-29-09 10:27 PM
    UPDATE, the berry seems to be working fine with two exceptions, the volume is really low unless I am using my bluetooth headset and my screen is dark. By dark I mean, in very bright light or sunlight, you can see that everything that should be happening is happening but I can barely make it out. Do you think a few more days of drying will help, its been almost 48 hours of drying time in rice?
    Last edited by rastagalnj; 03-31-09 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    03-31-09 08:45 AM

i hope everything works/worked out ok with the further drying in rice..
    i'd say it works with water but it's a first hearing someone drop their phone in a coffee.
    please continue to keep us posted..this rice thing may be a revolutionary turn in the world of phones!
    03-31-09 10:41 AM
    Did you try the bag of rice trick?
    03-31-09 10:45 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that; if there's any leftover drippage from the java plunge your phone took...think I can get a little leftover squeeze? I could use some caffeine.

03-31-09 11:11 AM
    my wife did the same with her pearl. After drying it inside and out some of the keys stuck for a day or two but eventually the phone went back to functioning correctly. She was very lucky, hopefully you will be too. Good luck
    03-31-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD