Wifi passwords, device password, forum passwords, all have turned up as predictions on the flick keywords when typing other things. This on the device of a person who NEVER saves passwords...

WTH, BlackBerry? What the "this should never, ever happen" hell, BlackBerry?

I have wiped the prediction three times on this Z10 since December and it keeps on happening. I don't get it.

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    06-06-14 09:20 AM
    This has never happened to me. Unless your passwords are regular words I don't see how this would happen.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 09:23 AM
    I've never had an issue with this either

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    06-06-14 09:24 AM
    Seen a few people say this, but not reproduced myself at all.

-
    The keyboard will not remember passwords if you type it in a field that is designated a "password" field by the website. Usually ones that have the "*******", when you type in your password.

Some websites are sloppy and do not have it properly designated, so the prediction can't tell and it can't distinguish. Try to figure out which site this is happening on.

Posted via CB10
    The thing about the password field is correct. But why does it show the device password or WiFi passwords? I hope you don't use regular words but anyways, this should not happen.
    06-06-14 09:28 AM
    It has happened with the device and wifi passwords man, on the device in the OS itself. These are senseless numbers and letter combinations, rather than words, but it has predicted full passwords with non alphanumeric characters too.

I give up, word learning is off from now on. Quickly the crutches that made the touch keyboard not so awful are dropping - spacebar predictions were so often wrong I turned that off in March...

The Classic can't come fast enough. Never needed any of that cruft on my Bold...

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    06-06-14 09:31 AM
    My Q10 predicts the username if I dont clear the browser cache but never happened with the actual password. Some sites ask me if I want to save the password but never predicts my passwords.

Visit my BBM Channel ~ C000E96F6
    06-06-14 09:41 AM
    Haven't seen that one yet. It remembers my user names but haven't seen any auto passwords.
    Originalloverman likes this.
    06-06-14 09:43 AM
    It has happened with the device and wifi passwords man, on the device in the OS itself. These are senseless numbers and letter combinations, rather than words, but it has predicted full passwords with non alphanumeric characters too.

I give up, word learning is off from now on. Quickly the crutches that made the touch keyboard not so awful are dropping - spacebar predictions were so often wrong I turned that off in March...

The Classic can't come fast enough. Never needed any of that cruft on my Bold...

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    Well, I guess everyone has its own experience. I would never be able to type this fast on a touch keyboard without autocorrection and swipe-ups. Some quirks sometimes because I mostly write in french and accents prediction seem to be a big thing, but overall pretty good.

Never had a password problem. Also, don't forget that word suggestion can come from almost anywhere you've written or received something. That includes emails, SMS, BBM, Remember, etc. So it doesn't necessarily come from auto-learning. And everyone can have a different source for this problem, so we should not generalise with one problem, one solution.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    dahccec likes this.
    06-06-14 09:47 AM
    I am having same problem. BlackBerry 100% secure OS, lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 09:49 AM
    Also, don't forget that word suggestion can come from almost anywhere you've written or received something. That includes emails, SMS, BBM, Remember, etc. So it doesn't necessarily come from auto-learning. And everyone can have a different source for this problem, so we should not generalise with one problem, one solution.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    Indeed that is a good point and it's why I wouldn't list any apps I use or what not. I don't know why it happens, so no sense pointing fingers. But, it does happen, which is weird.

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    06-06-14 09:53 AM
    Wifi passwords, device password, forum passwords, all have turned up as predictions on the flick keywords when typing other things. This on the device of a person who NEVER saves passwords...

I have wiped the prediction three times on this Z10 since December and it keeps on happening. I don't get it.

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    Cool, How did you get this to work? Never been able to do this myself.
    Banco, ami.one and vinniesworld like this.
    06-06-14 09:59 AM
    ahah awesome
    06-06-14 10:06 AM

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    It doesn't predict passwords it predicts words you commonly use so unless you have really simple passwords either lower or uppercase letters it will predict the word not the password.
    Try using a mixture of upper and lower case, numbers and special characters etc and I'm pretty sure it wont predict them.
    raino, Irish Blues and Anthony_2u like this.
    06-06-14 10:12 AM
    Never had this problem on any of my BB10 phones. Faults and errors are not always attributable to BlackBerry only. Re-check what you are doing. Good luck.
    06-06-14 10:25 AM
    Huh, really? I've never had this issue either! Just a thought OP - this sounds serious to me, I would definitely contact BlackBerry about this......
    Last edited by BGK; 06-06-14 at 10:35 AM. Reason: add sentence
    06-06-14 10:31 AM
    If it was any kind of widespread problem, this place would be heaving with people screaming. So it's obviously very rare and some kind of fault.
    Playbook007 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-06-14 10:35 AM
    you're gonna have to screenshot this bro... I'll need username to verify its actually your real password being predicted on screen.

In all seriousness tho... hope the problem gets resolved for you
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    06-06-14 10:39 AM
    Never heard of that happening either

Send from the amazing powers of the ? Z30
    06-06-14 10:52 AM
    Sure you haven't typed out your passwords somewhere other than in "password" fields? I keep password reminders in the Remember app (not the actual password, but enough of a hint that I'll know what it is for particular sites), and the keyboard will remember the little codes I made up. Never had it actually remember my password though.
    irweezyy likes this.
    06-06-14 10:56 AM
    So... when I enter a password into a password field it doesn't show any predictions at all. Furthermore, I have never seen any of my passwords showup as predictions.

You say your passwords are senseless letter number combinations? What happens when your writing an email and you type the first letter or number of a password, it predicts the rest on the keyboard? Where are you typing your passwords that it has auto-prediction? Where are you storing your passwords?

Something's not right here and something tells me it's not the phone.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    06-06-14 11:01 AM
    Username sometimes. Password never. And we have three OS10 devices.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    06-06-14 11:10 AM
    It doesn't remember or auto correct any passwords unless you've entered them before in a non-password field. That is to say, if you use Password Keeper and store a password in the notes field, it will save that for auto text later. If you use Password Keeper and store the password in the password field, it will not save that.

I had this come up, but i understood the cause right away. Not a device problem. It's a matter of typing a password in plain text in a non-password field. It's the only way it happens.
    06-06-14 11:43 AM
    you're gonna have to screenshot this bro... I'll need username to verify its actually your real password being predicted on screen.

In all seriousness tho... hope the problem gets resolved for you
    Agreed. Screen shot or it didn't happen!

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    06-06-14 12:25 PM
97 123 ...