1. Alenee83xx's Avatar
    Option #1. I have had many replacement 8330's and a VZW rep has noted my acct that I can swap my Curve for the Tour and only pay the difference ($60) However my current 8330 has been fine and I have no probs.


    Option #2. Add a new line of service and pay the 2yr contact price, switch the Tour to my main line and keep the added line, only with no extras for $9.99/mo. Get to keep my Curve as a back up device.


    Option #3. Wait to upgrade. My annual upgrade is 12/13/2009. A rep told me they could possibly make it as early as October. Again keeping the Curve as a backup.


    Option #4. Pay full retail. I would have to save some extra money for up to 6wks and then just buy the Tour.

    Welp, any advice would be appriciated. Please keep any rude comments to yourself. Thanks.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Alenee83; 07-06-09 at 07:03 PM.
    07-06-09 06:40 PM
  2. Username00089's Avatar
    Option #1. I have had many replacement 8330's and a VZW rep has noted my acct that I can swap my Curve for the Tour and only pay the difference ($60) However my current 8330 has been fine and I have no probs.


    Option #2. Add a new line of service and pay the 2yr contact price, switch the Tour to my main line and keep the added line, only with no extras for $9.99/mo. Get to keep my Curve as a back up device.


    Option #3. Wait to upgrade. My annual upgrade is 12/13/2009. A rep told me they could possibly make it as early as October. Again keeping the Curve as a backup.


    Option #4. Pay full retail. I would have to save some extra money for up to 6wks and then just buy the Tour.

    Welp, any advice would be appriciated. Please keep any rude comments to yourself. Thanks.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    1 - If you could swap your current Curve for a Tour for only $60, that would
    be my option.

    2 - I wouldn't do it. You pay the $9.99 plus whatever utility tax is associated.

    3 - Why wait to upgrade when you have option one?

    4 - Not worth it when you have option one
    07-06-09 07:41 PM
  3. ilovemileyyy's Avatar
    Option one!
    07-06-09 08:13 PM
  4. raji.t's Avatar
    Yeah I would go with option one. It would be much cheaper to pay the $60 and purchase a backup 'berry.. rather then paying the full retail price of the Tour which would be rather pricey!

    But that's only what I would do
    07-06-09 09:29 PM
  5. andrewa124's Avatar
    Go with option 1 then sell your curve on ebay and recover the 60.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 09:42 PM
  6. didiwags's Avatar
    Go with option 1 then sell your curve on ebay and recover the 60.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If she does Option 1 she doesnt have her Curve anymore!!!!


    I love my Curve but if you have your heart set on a Tour, Option 1 is the best option!!!
    07-06-09 09:57 PM
  7. jjhearn's Avatar
    If option 1 doesn't restart your contract, then I think 1 would be the way to go.

    I would keep it as a back up only if I didn't have to pay that extra, but I am a tight wad, so take that for what its worth.

    Option 3 only looks good if your renewal "TOUR" would be remotely close to that 60 difference in 1. Even as high as 100 would be fine there, and you still have the back up.

    I am not familiar with VZW, but if it was ATT, the renewal price for the tour would prob be around 150, I would think.
    07-06-09 10:07 PM
  8. hummingbird314's Avatar
    Option one is the best.

    If you REALLY want to keep your Curve then do option 3.
    07-06-09 10:08 PM
  9. Alenee83xx's Avatar
    I appriciate all your advice I'm torn, not sure if I wanna give up my Curve and jump to a new device. I enjoy my Curve, but am sooooooo excited for the Tour! Option 1 will let me get the Tour (for my Curve) and still have my upgrade in a few months.. So I could get another new device. Mmmmm so tempting!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 10:48 PM
  10. xliderider's Avatar
    Option 1 will let me get the Tour (for my Curve) and still have my upgrade in a few months.. So I could get another new device.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    In that case, definitely option 1.

    You could get another Tour in December and sell it as brand new for $$$.
    07-06-09 10:52 PM
  11. kjjb0204's Avatar
    Another vote for option 1. Then buy some pink paint so you don't miss your curve as much.
    07-06-09 11:00 PM
  12. Username00089's Avatar
    I appriciate all your advice I'm torn, not sure if I wanna give up my Curve and jump to a new device. I enjoy my Curve, but am sooooooo excited for the Tour! Option 1 will let me get the Tour (for my Curve) and still have my upgrade in a few months.. So I could get another new device. Mmmmm so tempting!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Come on Alenee. It's like waving a twinkie in front of a 300 pounder. Just go for it! Nuthin to lose.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 12:55 AM
  13. Xpimp's Avatar
    Option 1 is a steal IMO, just do it.
    07-07-09 12:57 AM
  14. Alenee83xx's Avatar
    Lmao at the Twinkie analogy. Ok Option #1 it is!!! Thanks guys!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD