I’m an experienced user who changes phones every year. No I’m not rich, it’s just the one luxury I give myself each year. I’ve used iOS, Android and Windows phones before switching to BB just over a year ago. I had never used a BB before that and the only reason I tried them was because of QNX. I had read about the PlayBook and researched it because I was impressed by the new QNX OS I was reading about. I bought one on opening day and tried it, using my Android as a wifi device. I was hooked from then on.

I bought a Pearl to try the Bridge feature. I loved what I could do with the two devices. My wife picked up the Pearl and tried it. She then promptly claimed it and told me to get my own phone. So I swap my Android which she was using for a Curve to hold me over until the OS 7 phones were released. Yes I got the 9860 on the release day. My wish list of apps didn’t take long to hit the app store. I don’t use most of the big name apps that people are waiting for. I have all the communication and media apps that I need, although I wish there were more choices.

In the entire year neither device has failed me. They have had no problem at all and yes I use them every day. When I think about the overall combination of these two devices I can’t see how I could have gotten a better experience using any other combination of devices. Despite what anyone else thinks of BB, I have never had a better year using mobile devices. BB devices may not stack up individually against some of the other devices on the market, but as a combination there is nothing better. I’m looking forward to the release of LTE PlayBook and I’m glad I made the transition.

Keep it coming RIM.
    07-29-12 11:31 PM
    ths is what the rest of us say we are glad you feel the same way as we do i also can't wait for the LTE playbook
    07-30-12 12:01 AM
    I haven't tried anything other than bb yet. I am holding out for ten. The bridge feature is unbeatable with the playbook. Bottom line for me is that rim has one chance come first quarter 2013 and they better not blow it. I'm sticking with email until then but until then I'm in limbo, just waiting.
    07-30-12 12:13 AM
    My only question is, why a Pearl as your first BB?
    07-30-12 12:36 AM
    that was my first also, it was cool lookingand it was small, when the pearl first came out the market was still using regular flip phones and that was a good entry level smartphone that used a sort of similar keyboard as other phones so it wasn't to hard to get used to multi clicking a button to get a letter out
    07-30-12 12:44 AM
    It was small and easy to carry around. Didn't expect to do too much on the actual phone anyways and I don't. Even the 9860 doesn't see much use except for actual phone calls. My PlayBook is attached to me.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-30-12 02:46 AM
    Pretty much what i feel too. The combination of a BB phone and a PlayBook is pretty awesome. No other company out there is doing it yet. The phone and the tablet adds value to each other. The PlayBook compliments the BB in terms of media capabilities. The BB with bridge makes the PlayBook more productive. One simple example is the remote feature, saving screen real estate on the playbook, and allowing you to type and control the playbook.

Whereas the most popular option the iPad, is pretty much an iPhone with a bigger screen. When I have an ipad with me, i tend to use it for all the apps, games, and whatnot. The iPhone becomes something no more than a phone, just for calls, sms, whatsapp and whatnot.
    kbz1960 and Toodeurep like this.
    07-30-12 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD