I am using my Priv from the day it came out, almost 3 years ago. It traveled the world with me and was my best buddy. But now it is time to move on.
    The question now is: which one is my next phone? Though I grew up with the keyboard but the Z10 got me used to touch only. I do still have the Passport as well but having used mostly the Priv I will stick with touch screens only.

Crackberry was always the place to go for the best info but I haven't been here in while. So I will trust your knowledge, experience and advise.

The Evolve is an Indian model. Aura is Indonesia. The DTEK60 is a year older than the Motion but still gets great reviews.

Which one? Motion or DTEK60.

Oh, I will be using it on AT&T.

Any input or advise will be greatly appreciated (and Apple heads - it's Blackberry and nothing else).

09-11-18 07:52 PM
    The DTEK60 is at (or past) the end of its support lifespan, while the Motion still has about a year left in it. The DTEKs are pretty much an afterthought now.

Neither will get you advanced features on AT&T like WiFi calling or stuff like that, although with a BlackBerry on AT&T nowadays that's to be expected.
    Crazed_BB_Fanatic likes this.
    09-11-18 08:00 PM
    I am using my Priv from the day it came out, almost 3 years ago. It traveled the world with me and was my best buddy. But now it is time to move on.
    The question now is: which one is my next phone? Though I grew up with the keyboard but the Z10 got me used to touch only. I do still have the Passport as well but having used mostly the Priv I will stick with touch screens only.

Crackberry was always the place to go for the best info but I haven't been here in while. So I will trust your knowledge, experience and advise.

The Evolve is an Indian model. Aura is Indonesia. The DTEK60 is a year older than the Motion but still gets great reviews.

Which one? Motion or DTEK60.

Oh, I will be using it on AT&T.

Any input or advise will be greatly appreciated (and Apple heads - it's Blackberry and nothing else).

The only current devices, with 3 years of security patches and at least one letter upgrade (to Pie), are the KEY² and KEY² LE.

The Motion is hard to find, still has a couple years left of support, but won't go beyond Oreo.

All other devices are either EOL or about to be.
    09-11-18 08:00 PM
    The only current devices, with 3 years of security patches and at least one letter upgrade (to Pie), are the KEY² and KEY² LE.

The Motion is hard to find, still has a couple years left of support, but won't go beyond Oreo.

All other devices are either EOL or about to be.
    The DTEK60 is at (or past) the end of its support lifespan, while the Motion still has about a year left in it. The DTEKs are pretty much an afterthought now.

Neither will get you advanced features on AT&T like WiFi calling or stuff like that, although with a BlackBerry on AT&T nowadays that's to be expected.
    Thanks guys. Great info about the EOL. I haven't seen any other touch screen phone for the US beyond the Motion. I usually upgrade my phones every 2 to 3 years.
    So based on your info I should hop onto the Motion wagon and hope that in 2 or 3 years BB has another touch phone.
    09-11-18 08:09 PM
    Thanks guys. Great info about the EOL. I haven't seen any other touch screen phone for the US beyond the Motion. I usually upgrade my phones every 2 to 3 years.
    So based on your info I should hop onto the Motion wagon and hope that in 2 or 3 years BB has another touch phone.
    I have a few friends that use the Motion. It's pretty nice. Waterproof and pretty durable.
    09-11-18 08:11 PM
    Based upon your preferences, I'd say the Motion is your only choice at the moment. While I generally hesitate to suggest other manufacturers, you could always go with a Pixel or other device with a clean install of Android plus guaranteed updates and add the BlackBerry Launcher and suite of apps to mimic the BB experience as well as possible on a non-BlackBerry device.
    09-11-18 08:58 PM
    Based upon your preferences, I'd say the Motion is your only choice at the moment. While I generally hesitate to suggest other manufacturers, you could always go with a Pixel or other device with a clean install of Android plus guaranteed updates and add the BlackBerry Launcher and suite of apps to mimic the BB experience as well as possible on a non-BlackBerry device.
    ^^^ This. Assured updates and BB-like experience.
    09-12-18 10:32 AM