Hello,

I have a new Blackberry Bold and just activated it today. I bought it yesterday and let it charge overnight though.

The battery heats up to a very high temperature now that I'm trying to learn how to use it.

Is this normal during the first day, or do I have a defective new phone from the get go?

Thanks for any advice.

-CJ-
    04-07-09 08:45 PM
    I wouldn't say that is normal. The BB is brand new? Or new to you?
    04-07-09 08:53 PM
    Mine gets warm when I'm using my berry a lot in a short period of time. It doesn't do it all the time but my battery does heat up. Have you been on it for long periods of time? I guess I'd have to know how warm the battery is getting. Mine hasn't ever gotten warmer than like fresh out of the dryer warm. (Sorry...best comparison I had)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 11:12 PM
    Battery. Replace it.
    04-07-09 11:14 PM
    Definitely. If a lithium battery is heating up, that's a symptom of a very dangerous condition where the lithium becomes free in the battery and can (in the worst case) eventually explode. Get a new battery ASAP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 12:23 AM
    Definitely not normal try a battery pull and see if you still get the same symptoms.
    04-08-09 12:34 AM
    I have a BB Pearl 3G 9100, with OS6 since 2011, and a month ago, it started to heats up while doing nothing, consequently the battery runs out very fast. I thought it was the new battery that i bought 3 month ago, but i placed the old one, and does the same, so i think that is a problem of the phone, because when i plug to the charger, in few minutes it has 1/3 of battery. May be it is caused by an app? what can i do? thanks
    06-24-13 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD