I noticed that my movies from the 25 days of gifts in December are gone. I participated on every one of them, but I didn't actually click to download, just click it so I can watch it later.

Now every one of them are gone. Do I own the movie? or are all of them rental (which vanish after certain days)? My understanding is that the movies are not rental because the apps stay in the available section.

Thanks.
    01-07-14 03:22 AM
    If you didn't click to download what did you do? What do you mean when you say 'participate'

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    01-07-14 04:21 AM
    Nailed it
    Two of the three movies I got are no longer in bbw. That is why you can't get them. I have the files backed up to my laptop. Will push to phone tomorrow and test then report findings on if they work.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 04:27 AM
    I believe the movies had to be downloaded by January 1st

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 05:27 AM
    Two movies I down loaded are now saying this when I click on them
    My movies from the 25 days of free gifts are gone???-img_00000101.png
    My movies from the 25 days of free gifts are gone???-img_00000100.png

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 05:57 AM
    Two movies I down loaded are now saying this when I click on them
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000101.png 
Views:	1588 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	236733
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000100.png 
Views:	1598 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	236734

Posted via CB10
    If movies are still on your phone, just go to redownload them and it will just redownload the license to watch.

I am assuming you updated your OS since you downloaded the movies

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 06:15 AM
    If movies are still on your phone, just go to redownload them and it will just redownload the license to watch.

I am assuming you updated your OS since you downloaded the movies

Posted via CB10
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:09 AM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    Odd. I have the same movie and no issues. Just go to download again. It will just pull license for play down and you will be good to go.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 04:37 PM
    Same here. Downloaded them and they worked before. Now I get that license warning.

What a bunch of crap! Never again.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 04:51 PM
    I believe the movies had to be downloaded by January 1st

Posted via CB10
    Mine were and I get the same BS warning.

01-07-14 04:52 PM
    Odd. I have the same movie and no issues. Just go to download again. It will just pull license for play down and you will be good to go.

Posted via CB10
    We shouldn't have to keep burning up bandwidth for the same thing. BlackBerry needs to respond to this.

01-07-14 04:53 PM
    Make sure BlackBerry World is set to save videos, music to the memory card. As you have already downloaded this movie and it's on you memory card. Go into BlackBerry World and click download. You will not have to download the whole movie again. Just a couple of MBs to Re-activate it.

Posted via CB10
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    01-07-14 04:59 PM
    This was somewhat covered in the original threads on the $1 movies. Most of the movies you purchase from BBW have a license that spans for a couple years, allowing you to download the movies anytime over those years. However, this was a limited time promotional price, and the download availability for your purchase was limited to about a month. If you downloaded the movies you are able to back them up on a pc and watch them from your device at any time, but you are unable to redownload them after a certain point.

This is unfortunate, but all releases in the store have limited times for your ability to download them. The reason is its unrealistic for the store to keep the rights to, and stock all movies its ever had from its start. Rights to movies are expensive and the content of the store changes over time to deliver the best products available at an affordable price to the company.

It's the same reason movies and series are added and dropped from netflix all the time.

It sucks that you didn't download the films when you had the chance, but it was clearly outlined in the terms on the download pages. I'd suggest contacting BBW and seeing if they'd either be able to provide you the movies that are still in app world, or at least credit you back for your purchases as you misunderstood the terms of the downloads.

Be polite and honest when contacting them and they may just be able to help you out. BBW support seems to be pretty good, at least in my experiences with them.
    01-07-14 05:31 PM
    Mine did that too and it's likely because you did a phone wipe and you need to re-download it now.

On another note BlackBerry needs to get the movie file names in order. It seems trashy when the movie name has a bunch of underscores and random numbers in it.
    01-07-14 05:32 PM
    I just clicked get for free, but when it starts download, I immediately cancel. I do this to all the 25 gifts. if you notice, for the app, the app will still show in available and i can re download it no worries.

First, when I got the movies, when it iniatiates download, i canceled, the movie will show in the 'my movies' tab for redownload. But now all those movies ARE GONE!!! i can not redownload them unless I pay for it again

WTF! no wonder no one wants BB, my iTunes does not do that. Apple gives out free movies on their 12 days of gift and I can redownload the movies at any time without that RIGHTS crap!!!

and I have not update my OS since I only wait for official OS
    01-07-14 05:33 PM
    Not very impressed with the free or discounted movies. I have the files, I don't need to download them again. But because of the DRM protection I can't reactive some of the movies anymore. Maybe if I did a restore from my backup it would work, but I don't want to do a full restore.

Very poor way of implementing a movie selection in BlackBerry World... Between the huge files sizes and the DRM protection that is poorly executed. Not a huge deal as they were only $.99 and that is what is cost from Red Box to rent them. Just think for some consumer the limited time to download did not clearly mean that you would also not be able to reactive the downloads you had backed up.
    02-14-14 10:17 AM
    Ah, DRM; doing more harm to the consumers it intends to protect than the pirates it intends to harm.

As I see it, even free movies on the BlackBerry World storefront are a big waste of time, money, storage and bandwidth, even the free ones (except for the money bit, obviously). On the other hand, music is DRM-free.

Posted via CB10
    anon1727506 likes this.
    02-14-14 10:30 AM
    Long in to blackberryworld on your computer. Go to my world then videos all video purchases or free videos are there click download
    02-16-14 11:20 PM
    Same here. Downloaded them and they worked before. Now I get that license warning.

What a bunch of crap! Never again.

Never again will you download drm'd movies? I don't blame ya. lol
    02-16-14 11:24 PM