No offense kid, but you asked how we could help you come up with some lame excuses as to why you NEED a blackberry.

Ppl on this site love BB's and usually are more than happy to encourage someone to make the step into a blackberry. The fact that a good portion of the ppl in this thread said your mom was right should tell you something.

Face it, you came in here, wanting to hear whatever it is you wanted to hear. It didn't happen. No one here cares if they are more mature or less mature than you. The point is you aren't responsible, you aren't about to be responsible. A responsible person would be able to see his mothers point of view. The whole thread you made excuses. I gave you viable options to helping pay for the cost like picking up shifts; you didn't acknowledge that at all.
    I like this chick.
    09-10-09 03:12 AM
    ...thanx to u latter people i will never post again. i know noone cares and if anything most are relieved but i just want u to know.
    LOL....That's it..I'm taking my ball and going home.
    Ha, I don't like you- but that was funny.
    09-10-09 03:13 AM
    I love it when someone tries to correct someone elses, grammar and spelling and fails miserably in their own corrections. Yes this is now getting funny because he is talking about a good 7 hours sleep but like his math with money his math with time fails to account for transit time to home, getting ready for bed and finally falling asleep with all of this thread running through his head and how he could not find anyone to support his wants to get over on his obviously responsible mother. If more parents were like this perhaps our kids would learn more in class.

On another post a kid was looking for a way to block his mom's number when she called so it seemed like his phone was off during school hours because he liked to chat and text with his friends while at school. I'm hoping she has AT&T and puts the Smart Limits feature on his ****..lol
    That's when you say give me your moms number so I can build a interface to block her number, then you call her and tell her what her son has been up to. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 03:14 AM
    Ha, I don't like you- but that was funny.
    LMAO!! Well then...we have a good start. See isn't better when we are annoying the children rather than eachother?
    09-10-09 03:15 AM
    i didnt say it did i said grammar AND spelling.

meaning periods, commas, etc...

and i know its not spelled "fone" its just much quicker... and since this is my friends comp and he is also using it i dont want to take up too much time wen i can get my point accross... so wen i write a english paper i will type in a perfect manner... but wen i type on a website or text on phones, i will abbreviate

Please examine the SHIFT key. It is often found in the bottom corners of your keyboard.

Jesus. It is WHEN.

You are NOT ready for any phone. You need to get your *** a tutor and a girlfriend. Though I'm sure you couldn't keep one if your life depended on it.

Do us all a favor, go kiss your mommy good night, have your milk and cookies, and gtfo. You're killing me.
    09-10-09 03:15 AM
    Please examine the SHIFT key. It is often found in the bottom corners of your keyboard.

Jesus. It is WHEN.

You are NOT ready for any phone. You need to get your *** a tutor and a girlfriend. Though I'm sure you couldn't keep one if your life depended on it.

Do us all a favor, go kiss your mommy good night, have your milk and cookies, and gtfo. You're killing me.
    Texting makes kids dumb -- science fact!
    09-10-09 03:19 AM
    I like this chick.
    Thanks!!!

09-10-09 03:20 AM
    LOL...I blame texting in general. 16-25 y/o's are all writting and typing everything in text speak. I can see the desire to shrink your words to fit the 160 character limit and to make it easier on a small keyboard or suretype, but when you are on a full keyboard and have no limit....quit using "d for the" and "4 for for" etc. I fight the desire to use BTW for by the way just as a point on forums. I used BTW long before I had texting but now it just seems like out conversations are being boiled down to strings of 3 letter words and acronyms...Laugh Out Loud!
    09-10-09 03:33 AM
    Yes. And I know we're sort of getting off topic here, but as far as my top pet peeves go, intended incorrect spelling/grammar/punctuation is 2nd only to liars.

Something like "Your coming to their event to.", just makes me want to strangle someone. I see it all the time, and it makes me wonder how smart the average person actually is these days.
    09-10-09 03:41 AM
    Fail thread is fail.

Dude, you really want a tour?, how about saving $400 for a security deposit on a new account under your own name (since you obviously dont have credit to your name), and then $ for the phone, then pay a single line plan @ ~$100. That'll show your mom.

Or you could get something like a step-down like the env touch, you can pretty much do all the things you asking for (internet, email, documents, music, etc) on that phone. Why you think you NEED a blackberry is beyond me. Verizon wants people like me (data centric target customer) to have blackberries. In my eyes, unless you are using every single feature of the phone to its fullest, plus sometimes using it for tethering like I do, you really dont need a smartphone. I love blowing through gigs of data a month and using 300 minutes a month.
    09-10-09 03:57 AM
    man, these posters are a real drag. of course you don't NEED a blackberry. it's a luxury. but it's one that you will actually use on a daily basis. i can think of worse ways to blow $30 a month.

my recommendation to you is to do a little sucking up. do some nice thoughtful things for your mom, maybe some extra chores around the house or something. butter her up. beyond that, show her just how responsible you are.

it might work.
    09-10-09 04:13 AM
    you're mom is right... you make $550 a month your car payment is $400 leaves you with $150 for the month. You still need gas, junk food, video games, and random 18yo spending money for stuff. You're spreading yourself too then... i can see your moms point.

I'm pretty sure she didnt agree to the $400 car payment you wanted to pay per month and now you want to spend more. Don't live above your means, yes you have $150 left over but do you really need a BB other than it being "cool" to have at 18yo.
    09-10-09 04:32 AM
    Ok, i know i sound like a little kid but i am infact 18. I also know this is my first post but i have been a frequent Crackberryer (word??) for a year or so....
    THANKS!!!
    ...Crackberrier<----change the "y" to "i" and add "er"
    you pay 20 dollars for unlimited texting yourself , almost the same as the cost of BB plan within 10 dollars(hmm guess you wana keep the SmS text going though)
    .. and mentioned by others I would not spread myself to thin on what I can afford. (as a rule to me ) I make twice the amount of money a month as I spend just in case unexpected stuff happens . (my luck the unexpected happens alot)
    09-10-09 05:21 AM
    Ok, i know i sound like a little kid but i am infact 18. I also know this is my first post but i have been a frequent Crackberryer (word??) for a year or so....

so my mom says she wont let me get a blackberry tour from verizon in about a month. Yes i have to pay 400 dollars a month for my car but i make like 550 a month so can easily pay for the fone and the extra 30 dollars a month...

but she keeps saying no.... even though i can easily buy the fone and pay for it!

i said i need it for school and stuff, which i do, but still its futile.

what are some good reasons to get one that might make my ignorant mom realize that i should have one??

THANKS!!!
    Oh my God, you make a whole $550 a month? You should buy your own house too!
    09-10-09 05:48 AM
    man, these posters are a real drag. of course you don't NEED a blackberry. it's a luxury. but it's one that you will actually use on a daily basis. i can think of worse ways to blow $30 a month.

my recommendation to you is to do a little sucking up. do some nice thoughtful things for your mom, maybe some extra chores around the house or something. butter her up. beyond that, show her just how responsible you are.

it might work.
    you're missing the point. he's already spending $400 on a car note when he's only making $550 a MONTH! yeah its his decision, but he came here ranting and wanting advice... smart advice is dont tack on extra bills when you're left with 150$ a month.
    09-10-09 05:56 AM
    loll....ooookieeee
    09-10-09 05:58 AM
    This sounds like the exact conversation I had with my daughter 2 weeks ago! She is the only 1 of 4 going to college and had a fit when I told her to get a prepaid phone because I was not adding her to my plan. I told all of my children when they were old enough to get their own phone and pay the bills that's when they could have one. She too is going to UofA. If I didn't know better I would think it her posting!! But I know it isn't her because she went to T-Mo and they gave her a phone and plan. Now I'm keeping her student loan money to pay her bill every month.

To the OP: You really can't afford it and moms do know best even when you think otherwise.

09-10-09 07:43 AM
    get an 8330. its cheaper. she will be proud of you since you can save the money and use it for hookers and blow.
    lol, priceless
    09-10-09 08:01 AM
    If you want the tour bad enough, get it yourself. Save your money and get your own phone line. If you don't have 'enough' credit, be prepared for a rather large down payment or deposit.

he's right

u need to save ur money if u really want that phone bc u'll have to slap down big a down payment from $400-$700. When i got my line (i was 18) the down payment was $400 bc i didnt have credit. it was well worth it bc i moved to t-m this year n since i had a good payment history with sprint i didnt have to put a dp.
    09-10-09 08:44 AM
    ok well this turned out horribly.

i did not ask for moral and life lessons....

i was ready to give it up until i was getting advice on life...

most of u meant well and i thank u, but the others were just here to try to prove that they are more MATURE than me.

thanx to u latter people i will never post again. i know noone cares and if anything most are relieved but i just want u to know.

oh and for u english professors out there, leave the grading for term papers

Internet forums are obviously text based in as such the best way to communicate and prove that you're not a moron and deserve respectful responses is to respect the current forum of communication and use the english language correctly. You want to skip the life lessons, don't make it so painfully obvious how immature you are.

On a side note how is anyone suppose to convince your mother of anything, you want to stay on her plan then you have to respect her decisions. If you want a blackberry, great the Tour is a great phone, go get one, get your own plan and be done with it. What is wrong with kids these days, thank god my younger brothers and sisters don't have the same entitled elitist attitude that you oozed onto this thread.

Game, point, match.

09-10-09 09:09 AM
    shouldn't it be point, game, match?

that's how tennis is scored last i knew lol
    09-10-09 09:13 AM
    shouldn't it be point, game, match?

that's how tennis is scored last i knew lol
    Yeah lol, it's nice to be humbled after I got up on my high horse.

09-10-09 09:22 AM
    Perhaps your mom knows you better than you do. What happens when you CAN'T pay for the phone? Will she have to flip for the bill? You say you make $550 a month with an already $400 monthly car payment. That only leaves you $150 a month and $100 of that will be for the BB. Are you really JUST going to save up/spend $50 a month for spare money?
    09-10-09 09:26 AM
    In spite of your age and the big emancipation that eventually comes along with it, you still live at home and that leaves you subject to your parents rules.

It sounds like you're already having a good part of your expenses taken care of for you and maybe your mother seeing you already with a phone and knowing your monthly income doesn't want you to take on any more expenses.

With the figures you posted as it stands right now you better hope you don't have an emergency, like it was said earlier.

Getting the new BB would be cool no doubt but if you wanted to show your mother how responsible you can be than show her you know the value of a dollar and let the issue die. Save some money in the meantime and then get the latest BB after waiting while you save to the point of being comfortable with the expense. That's what your mother will remember about you in terms of being responsible, not that you ran out to spend xx dollars when you couldn't afford it.

I didn't like how you called your mother ignorant, maybe it was just the wrong choice of words but she's probably not calling you that anywhere on line!?

Sometimes waiting is better than hurrying out and getting current but maybe you know that.
    09-10-09 11:34 AM
    As the mother of an 18 yr old who lives in my home, makes very little money and recently went against my wishes and got her own verizon account and a BB, i say LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!!!!!! her bill is about 100 a month. she now wants to move to LA and wishes she listened to me and did not get that phone.

You are 18 and in college---not sure why you have a $400 plus car payment but that is not my business. I say be happy with that, in this economy you have no idea what is going to happen to the little money you are currently making. Leave the BB as a reward for yourself when you graduate and get your first job. We as a society want want want now, leave something for later....
    09-10-09 12:05 PM
157 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD