funny thing there is more to life then just a phone.. phones come and go.. u can get em anytime.. they will never go away... ur 18.. u probs have more better things to worry about then wanting a blackberry.. Just be thankful u even have a phone.. not many kids out there have the privilage of owning a cell phone like you do..
    09-10-09 06:22 PM
    shouldn't it be point, game, match?

that's how tennis is scored last i knew lol
    Actually, it's game, SET, match..lol....after all the US Open is going on right now.
    09-10-09 06:26 PM
    ...Crackberrier<----change the "y" to "i" and add "er"
    you pay 20 dollars for unlimited texting yourself , almost the same as the cost of BB plan within 10 dollars(hmm guess you wana keep the SmS text going though)
    .. and mentioned by others I would not spread myself to thin on what I can afford. (as a rule to me ) I make twice the amount of money a month as I spend just in case unexpected stuff happens . (my luck the unexpected happens alot)
    Crackberryer would be correct because Crackberry would be concidered a proper noun in this case. Of course even that would not be proper because it would be akin to being a Jerryer...lol. In this case the best slang use of those who are users of the Crackberry forums would be Crackberryer.

For the few commenting on his car...his mom made him get a new car and I agree with that. Having good reliable transportation throughout college is a great idea since he will not likely have to worry about unexpected repairs, barring accidents). When his old car was wrecked she probably insisted the next car be new.

In the end he still lives at home so if his mom wants him to drive a new car, use a dumb phone, drink nothing but Gatorade, and eat only nuts and berries it's really her choice. Unless she is doing something illegal or unsafe he is stuck following her demands untill he is out on his own. My problem is his sense of entitlement. Because everything is being handed to him, gas card, tuition, food, etc.., he has this feeling that he should get what he wants when he asks for it.
    Last edited by barbwyr; 09-10-09 at 06:43 PM.
    09-10-09 06:29 PM
    Crackberryer would be correct because Crackberry would be concidered a proper noun in this case. Of course even that would not be proper because it would be akin to being a Jerryer...lol. In this case the best slang use of those who are users of the Crackberry forums would be Crackberryer.
    to be honest just stick with the original topic.. were not here for grammatical corrections.. were talkin about the kid wanting a phone his mommy wont allow him to have.
    09-10-09 06:38 PM
    to be honest just stick with the original topic.. were not here for grammatical corrections.. were talkin about the kid wanting a phone his mommy wont allow him to have.
    This thread went way off topic long before page 9..lol. I simply commented on somerhing that was pointed out in the thread. It doesn't warrant a topic or a new thread and making comment on it here seems more than appropriate.

As for the OP...he already said he is not coming back and if I could forward all this discussion to his mom I would. This kid needs a wakeup call so perhaps his mom letting him get his own account and end up with the bad credit when he fails might teach him a good lesson, but in these times credit is soo hard to repair that his mom putting her foot down is her way of protecting him.
    09-10-09 06:58 PM
    I wish the mods would just close this useless thread. Seriously. It's way beyond ridiculous at this point.

The kid clearly just wanted to be reaffirmed in his belief that his mom is a terrible human being and an even worse parent, and while everyone here has made serious arguments to the contrary backed up with good reasons, HE ISN'T EVEN LISTENING ANYMORE.

He wanted to hear what he wanted to hear, and nothing else, so...ENOUGH, FOLKS.
    09-11-09 02:41 AM
    you Might Looking For other Blackberry device Others than tour,
    that Having a Comfortable Price for you, and Ur Mom.."

" PS:
    U Should Still Really Good to be It
    09-11-09 07:38 AM
    blackberries arent exactly know for their amazing battery life.
    I have to disagree with you. I have an iPhone and 2 WM smartphones and the BB kicks **** when it comes to battery life.
    09-11-09 12:35 PM
    This thread is STILL open?
    09-11-09 04:03 PM
    This thread is STILL open?
    i was just thinking the same thing, lol
    09-11-09 04:11 PM
    Everyone wants to be a parent, lol. Who cares, go broke! Live a little!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 05:42 PM
    So I just turned 33 and my mom wont let me get a FHONIE either. I've been living in her basement since I was 13. She always fusses at me because I wont get a jub. If I work to earn monies how will I still have time to play WOW?!? Help me make her get me a BlackBerries........

P.S. That is not serious! sorry just had to post something. Kids will be kids he wont see how much he doesn't have to pay until he's gone. i'm sure his parents could drown him in the debt he creates daily, and all he can see is he isn't allowed to get a new phone. Been there in those shoes, and looking back I DIDN'T NEED THE PHONE!
    ROLMAO78910
    09-11-09 05:53 PM
    i know exactly what u mean. and yes it being "the hottest device" does help. and i have researched this fone any possible moment i can. be it internet or in a verizon store.

i have watched every video review i can find! I have read every magazine article about it and even look at sales it has at places like Best Buy.

and yes most new fones have all these things but the blackberry just does it the best! Its like how THere are new tv's poppin up everywhere! expensive ones. but wont your old tv do the same thing? yes but the new one does it and more BETTER!

my main reason is battery, because i currently have the samsung glyde REFRESH and it is terrible on battery! litteraly last 6 hours with moderate use and 7 on standbye (i have tested it)

and i think i already prove how responsible i am by being a full time college student and working to pay my car and cell fone bill as it is! i dont know what else to do!

get her drunk and make her sign something??
    I have a year old 58-inch Panasonic G11 Plasma 1080P HDTV that cost me just under $2000 and it has a better picture display than about 90% of this year's LED/LCD displays and costs about $2,000 less than they do so the newer stuff doesn't always do things "more better" as you put it.
    09-12-09 12:05 AM
    My advice is to have a rational, non-emotional discussion with your mother. If you want to be an adult then act like one. Have a good open talk, seek her advice on planning your future. As a parent of teens I can tell you how good that will make her feel to see you being responsible and sensible.

Don't just go behind her back and get one on your own account. That is behaving like a spoiled child, and will be a slap in your mom's face. As a parent of teens I can tell you how much those things hurt.
    09-12-09 09:07 AM
    Ok, i know i sound like a little kid but i am infact 18. I also know this is my first post but i have been a frequent Crackberryer (word??) for a year or so....
    ...Crackberrier<----change the "y" to "i" and add "er"

This thread went way off topic long before page 9..lol. I simply commented on somerhing that was pointed out in the thread. It doesn't warrant a topic or a new thread and making comment on it here seems more than appropriate.
    I think crackberrryer is better than crackberrier. ..yer is more like Marylander, New Yorker, etc. representing a person from that place, where crackberrier is an adjective, indicating more crackberry than another. And Crackberryer sounds better than Crackberrian, Crackberrish, or Crackberryite, and is easily shortened to the common CB'er.

As for whether this is an appropriate side topic for inclusion in this thread or if it merits its own individual dedicated thread, I will leave that to those of you who are crackberrier than I am.
    09-12-09 10:32 AM
    Can we PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE?
    09-12-09 03:10 PM
    there is only one option.
    do away with her.... lol

dude if she isnt down for getting the BB just wait a year or two when you can get it yourself.
    09-12-09 03:16 PM
    no. you should know from your username and movie #3, nothing ever really dies
    09-12-09 03:21 PM
    You say you are 18. It is no longer up to your mother what you can and can not arrord.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Actually that's not quite true. I pay for my childrens car insurance, phones and college with certain conditions. If they don't like the conditions they are certainly welcome to get their own car insurance. Pay for their own phones. Buy their own college education etc.

One child wanted a Blackberry, I said flat out no and if you really want it get your own plan and phone. As a parent it is my duty to guide my children for the future. Not have them waste their money needlessly. Now, if my child has discussed a reason to access their email I might have added an email plan to their feature phone. A Blackberry, no way.
    09-12-09 04:20 PM
    Why do you keep poking your head in here? Ignore the thread, move on, whatever, just beat it.

If people want to keep discussing this topic, so be it. When they get bored, they can move on to any number of other inane threads.
    09-12-09 05:32 PM
    Ok, i know i sound like a little kid but i am infact 18. I also know this is my first post but i have been a frequent Crackberryer (word??) for a year or so....

so my mom says she wont let me get a blackberry tour from verizon in about a month. Yes i have to pay 400 dollars a month for my car but i make like 550 a month so can easily pay for the fone and the extra 30 dollars a month...

but she keeps saying no.... even though i can easily buy the fone and pay for it!

i said i need it for school and stuff, which i do, but still its futile.

what are some good reasons to get one that might make my ignorant mom realize that i should have one??

THANKS!!!
    Mind your mother, mommie knows best!

Or you can try to move out and support yourself then you can do whatever you like.
    09-12-09 06:35 PM
    Ever seen Waterboy? Coaches mom still doesn't know!
    09-12-09 07:20 PM
    haha im back!

actually the posts that occured after i said i was done are better than before!

and the next time i have time i am going to talk to my mom about it! so im not going to argue any falsities that have been said, just THANK YOU for the people that actually contributed well.

and i think if people are going to use the word "Crackberryer" i should get royalties for being the creator
    09-13-09 03:32 AM
    ok well this turned out horribly.
    thanx to u latter people i will never post again. i know noone cares and if anything most are relieved but i just want u to know.
    LAST post....
    haha im back!
    So now we know he lies too....LOL
    09-13-09 03:41 AM
    So now we know he lies too....LOL
    Sorry, people change their minds. Also, i just thought it was hilarious that its gone to 10 pages!
    09-13-09 03:45 AM
157 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD