I expect ur mom may see that u are stretched pretty thin with 400 of u r 550 already spoken for. What about gas for a month lunch extra activities clothes books paper (u get it) you are expecting 150 to go really far. What if u get sick and miss a day or 2 of work. Just saying 150 divided by 4 wks 37.50 a week for all the above mentioned. I know I love bb but the logic ur mom uses looks more like. 150 divided by 4. Not just xtra 30 american way if u want more make more and that might not be possible. So maybe mom isn't so lame just trying to keep u out of finacial trouble bb s are good but not to filling

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 02:17 AM
    Um...listen...the reality is you cant afford the phone. You're 18 and say you're responsible but you need help starting a new line of service? You don't want to be called a user, but you also don't want to do anything for yourself except just pay for the data. Also, the data doesn't include your texting...so wouldn't you be paying $50 plus tax or your texting and data?
    yes being 18 and saving money up for a year by living rent free with my parents is pretty responsible... maybe thats just me.

and my gas is payed for because my gpa gave me a gas card in which i can use for life wen i turned 16... i guess it was in his will too haha

and i dont have a girlfriend currently and dont really want all that drama and money issues that may occur.. and me and my friends dont go out very much

and i stated already i pay the $20 for texting...

idk i really appreciate the help and how quick i got it! and im sorry if i sound like a spoiled brat because i am not haha
    09-10-09 02:17 AM
    I expect ur mom may see that u are stretched pretty thin with 400 of u r 550 already spoken for. What about gas for a month lunch extra activities clothes books paper (u get it) you are expecting 150 to go really far. What if u get sick and miss a day or 2 of work. Just saying 150 divided by 4 wks 37.50 a week for all the above mentioned. I know I love bb but the logic ur mom uses looks more like. 150 divided by 4. Not just xtra 30 american way if u want more make more and that might not be possible. So maybe mom isn't so lame just trying to keep u out of finacial trouble bb s are good but not to filling

thats the thing she isnt even thinking about that at all! i asked her and she just said no because ur fone is good enough! even though i have told her the countless problems.

and all my expenses like school and stuff are covered by my parents college fund for me (its so big because out of the 4 children in my family im the only one that is going to college, im the youngest) and food again covered... so for now that extra 150 is just for saving and the occasional usage.
    09-10-09 02:21 AM
    It's pretty obvious you are not mature enough to realize you can't afford it. I assume you are in college. Just because you have $500/month don't mean you should spend all $500 of that every month. You are pretty limited as it is.

I was making about $500/month when I was 18 and 19 and I got tired of it. I joined the military and now I have a lot more stuff than I could dream of. I might of skipped college but the AF will pay for it. 100% tuition. Can't beat that anywhere.

Anyway, learn to live within your means. If you can't than you will be living with your parents for a while.
    09-10-09 02:22 AM
    No offense bro, but it sounds to me like your mother may be just a tad smarter than you are. Be wise with your money, college is expensive. There is more to it than books, dorm and tuition. Maybe you should take her advice.
    09-10-09 02:24 AM
    So you've done your research...then you should know Verizon carries the Curve and still does, so you wouldn't have to switch carriers...not that you can afford to since you're basically living off your parents and using your actual income as your play money.

Certain green dots have been fine, others have not. That is your choice to deal with.

So you're responsible...and your mom should absolutely believe how responsible you are...but you don't pay rent, you don't work full-time, you have no intention of paying out of your pocket for school (cause your parents covered that and then the rest you are going to use scholarship money for). Your parents are basically paying for everything you have, except your car. And a car is different from a phone, since your car is your transportation to work and school and actually more of a necessity.

I think blackberrys are the best phones out there, but please...don't try and say you're so responsible when you aren't. You are on your way to becoming a responsible adult; but if I was your mom, I wouldn't let you get a blackberry either.

If you really want your mother to jump on board with you getting a blackberry, then your best bet is to make an arrangement with her regarding the cost. You could pick up some chores around the house, you could say you could pay half of the cost every month (if shes worried you wont have any extra cash every month). You could also pick up an extra shift at work each week. You could pick up a 2nd part-time job.

Sorry to seem to rude or annoyed with this topic, but honestly...you have to earn the things you want in life. You have to be willing to work hard for them and make those responsible decisions. So yeah, if you were able to pick up an extra 8 hour shift at work every other week, then that would cover your data plan.
    09-10-09 02:25 AM
    You are failing to see what all your money goes to. Especially when you are off to college. You will be going out more and having to buy all your own food. Your mom is right that the added cost of a BB is more than you are prepared to take on. You should be looking for ways to save up so your college days aren't strees by having to figure out how to pay for everything especially a frivilous expense. And as was pointed out...data and text are seperate charges so you are looking at $50 not $30 a month.
    09-10-09 02:25 AM
    It's pretty obvious you are not mature enough to realize you can't afford it. I assume you are in college. Just because you have $500/month don't mean you should spend all $500 of that every month. You are pretty limited as it is.

I was making about $500/month when I was 18 and 19 and I got tired of it. I joined the military and now I have a lot more stuff than I could dream of. I might of skipped college but the AF will pay for it. 100% tuition. Can't beat that anywhere.

Anyway, learn to live within your means. If you can't than you will be living with your parents for a while.
    well i thought about the military but its not for me...

and i do realize all that has been said about me and my income and blah blah blah...

but i can easily pay for it... oh and i make 40 bucks a week at least in tips from my job which i didnt even factor in my estimated 550 a month... so there is the money right there
    09-10-09 02:26 AM
    What exactly do you want to hear? You say you are of age. You say your mother disallows something. Your mother is incapable of stopping you from getting anything.

Grow up and stop trying to mooch off of your mother. If you can not afford the phone on your own, that is a seperate issue that you need to address.

09-10-09 02:29 AM
    thats the thing she isnt even thinking about that at all! i asked her and she just said no because ur fone is good enough! even though i have told her the countless problems.

and all my expenses like school and stuff are covered by my parents college fund for me (its so big because out of the 4 children in my family im the only one that is going to college, im the youngest) and food again covered... so for now that extra 150 is just for saving and the occasional usage.
    Okay..so tell us how much you have saved up in savings if you have been making $150 over expenses each month and not spending it all.

You obviously have a computer since you are here and every other feature you need is available in a full feature phone that does not require a data plan.

Your mom is right...your don't need a Tour, you just want it.
    09-10-09 02:29 AM
    You say you are 18. It is no longer up to your mother what you can and can not arrord.

lol and the fact that the kid is barely making enough for his car, so I am quick to assume that he lives with his mom still, on her plan, & rely's on here to eat & for clothes & possibly gas to get to and from work.

So the mom saying no because she wants him to be able to afford other things than his car & phone is understandable.

I hate when people think they aren't kids when they are 18, living with their parents still. Congrats you are now 18 and officially be cut off and kicked out.

How does being an adult on the streets with a car and a phone feel?

lol sorry couldn't resist.
    09-10-09 02:33 AM
    So you've done your research...then you should know Verizon carries the Curve and still does, so you wouldn't have to switch carriers...not that you can afford to since you're basically living off your parents and using your actual income as your play money.

Certain green dots have been fine, others have not. That is your choice to deal with.

So you're responsible...and your mom should absolutely believe how responsible you are...but you don't pay rent, you don't work full-time, you have no intention of paying out of your pocket for school (cause your parents covered that and then the rest you are going to use scholarship money for). Your parents are basically paying for everything you have, except your car. And a car is different from a phone, since your car is your transportation to work and school and actually more of a necessity.

I think blackberrys are the best phones out there, but please...don't try and say you're so responsible when you aren't. You are on your way to becoming a responsible adult; but if I was your mom, I wouldn't let you get a blackberry either.

If you really want your mother to jump on board with you getting a blackberry, then your best bet is to make an arrangement with her regarding the cost. You could pick up some chores around the house, you could say you could pay half of the cost every month (if shes worried you wont have any extra cash every month). You could also pick up an extra shift at work each week. You could pick up a 2nd part-time job.

Sorry to seem to rude or annoyed with this topic, but honestly...you have to earn the things you want in life. You have to be willing to work hard for them and make those responsible decisions. So yeah, if you were able to pick up an extra 8 hour shift at work every other week, then that would cover your data plan.
    u dont seem rude or annoyed just very harsh... tough love if u will

and yes i work part time so i can be a FULL TIME student... thats a lot of work i dont care who u are... i have 18 credited hours and work the other remaining time... i got a lot of homework... i watch my sisters kids every sat for like 20 bucks... so i have no more time for anything.

but it doesnt bother me because it is wat i need to do to set up the rest of my life! idk how more responsible i can be wen i spend like a couple hours a week max with my friends and thats only like after work or something. or is just getting a job with my high school deploma better?? :/
    09-10-09 02:34 AM
    You are failing to see what all your money goes to. Especially when you are off to college. You will be going out more and having to buy all your own food. Your mom is right that the added cost of a BB is more than you are prepared to take on. You should be looking for ways to save up so your college days aren't strees by having to figure out how to pay for everything especially a frivilous expense. And as was pointed out...data and text are seperate charges so you are looking at $50 not $30 a month.
    He is on his mom's account who prob. pays for the the actual plan and is prob on a select family plan giving them all text messaging, so he would only be responsible for the $30.

Which he is not fit for. Like what happens if that car breaks down? you got money saved to fix it? Most car parts aren't under $100?
    09-10-09 02:36 AM
    Okay..so tell us how much you have saved up in savings if you have been making $150 over expenses each month and not spending it all.

You obviously have a computer since you are here and every other feature you need is available in a full feature phone that does not require a data plan.

Your mom is right...your don't need a Tour, you just want it.
    actually i do not have a computer nor do my parents... one of the few rare times im at my friends house who lets me use his comp.

and i have made more money from different things over the years which have enlarged my savings pretty vastly.

and i know i dont NEED it... we only need food, clothes, and shelter if u want to get techical...
    09-10-09 02:39 AM
    Dear Op it is spelled PHONE. Not FONE. However this thread is still fail.
    09-10-09 02:40 AM
    actually i do not have a computer nor do my parents... one of the few rare times im at my friends house who lets me use his comp.

and i have made more money from different things over the years which have enlarged my savings pretty vastly.

and i know i dont NEED it... we only need food, clothes, and shelter if u want to get techical...
    Shelter is not needed, you have your car.
    He is on his mom's account who prob. pays for the the actual plan and is prob on a select family plan giving them all text messaging, so he would only be responsible for the $30.

Which he is not fit for. Like what happens if that car breaks down? you got money saved to fix it? Most car parts aren't under $100?
    i actually pay the unlimited texting already which is 20

and theres either insurance, warrente (sp), and my savings
    If you want the Tour so bad, get it. And the plan that accompanies it. And if you can't make the payment, Sprint will cut off your service, which you can chalk up to a hard lesson learned.

You're eighteen. Whether you're a responsible adult or not doesn't much matter, legally, but you may have to face consequences you don't expect. Such is life.
    09-10-09 02:41 AM
    Shelter is not needed, you have your car.
    idk if that was sarcasm but yes shelter IS needed... is a car shelter? yes

so ur comment didnt really make sense
    u dont seem rude or annoyed just very harsh... tough love if u will

and yes i work part time so i can be a FULL TIME student... thats a lot of work i dont care who u are... i have 18 credited hours and work the other remaining time... i got a lot of homework... i watch my sisters kids every sat for like 20 bucks... so i have no more time for anything.

but it doesnt bother me because it is wat i need to do to set up the rest of my life! idk how more responsible i can be wen i spend like a couple hours a week max with my friends and thats only like after work or something. or is just getting a job with my high school deploma better?? :/

so you're in school full-time, you work part time, you babysit, and you clearly have a laptop cause you are up this late (or this early depending on how you look at it)...why do you need a blackberry? Your schedule seems quite routine, and you have access to internet via a laptop for internet.

Part of being responsible is also being honest with yourself. The reality is, you just want the hottest device out there. If you are truly up for a renewal right now, my guess is that your battery is probably worn down over time from usage; you have texting so I would bet you use your phone more than you realize.

Its fine to want the latest and greatest; I am guilty of the same thing. But again...mothers are smart and I guarantee she realizes that. Again...you can choose to make any excuses you want but the reality is, you cannot afford the data plan, you aren't responsible enough and your mom is right.
    Dear Op it is spelled PHONE. Not FONE. However this thread is still fail.
    if u wanna go there....

"Dear original poster, it is spelled phone; not fone. However, this thread is still fail."

yeah so unless ur going to use perfect grammar and spelling dont judge
    09-10-09 02:43 AM
    idk if that was sarcasm but yes shelter IS needed... is a car shelter? yes

so ur comment didnt really make sense
    if you read above, & put it together you'd understand.

& shelter is not needed to survive, Bums do it everyday. Its nice to have, i have to admit.

I see not too many people are fond of you, you should just give up your BB Tour dream and move on. You are just teasing your self because you won't be getting it. Just think when your old enough to afford your own things it will be way more advanced.
    09-10-09 02:44 AM
    I think you should spend the money on a tutor to improve your writing skills.
    09-10-09 02:46 AM
    so you're in school full-time, you work part time, you babysit, and you clearly have a laptop cause you are up this late (or this early depending on how you look at it)...why do you need a blackberry? Your schedule seems quite routine, and you have access to internet via a laptop for internet.

Part of being responsible is also being honest with yourself. The reality is, you just want the hottest device out there. If you are truly up for a renewal right now, my guess is that your battery is probably worn down over time from usage; you have texting so I would bet you use your phone more than you realize.

Its fine to want the latest and greatest; I am guilty of the same thing. But again...mothers are smart and I guarantee she realizes that. Again...you can choose to make any excuses you want but the reality is, you cannot afford the data plan, you aren't responsible enough and your mom is right.
    i already stated im at my friends house because i have no realiable internet source i can use. and ive had 5 different glydes since i first got it a year ago. so no its not worn and i already stated it sucks while being used and on standbye.

so i need it for internet, email (because most of my school assignments are turned in through email) and even just a music player which i do not own.
    09-10-09 02:47 AM
    i already stated im at my friends house because i have no realiable internet source i can use. and ive had 5 different glydes since i first got it a year ago. so no its not worn and i already stated it sucks while being used and on standbye.

so i need it for internet, email (because most of my school assignments are turned in through email) and even just a music player which i do not own.
    Sounds like you need to invest in a laptop not a BB. Won't go far in school doing your work on your BB.
    09-10-09 02:49 AM
157 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD