Okay I am in the state of panic here, I was messing around with my Blackberry, only to have done a really stupid thing, which was delete all of my text messages!!

I thought I was deleting just for example, "1st of December" but now I've deleted all and there's some really important stuff I would like to get back (((

How would I come about doing this?? Oh no

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 04:56 AM
    Don't think there's a way. There's no Recycle Bin on the blackberry. Once you delete it, it's gone.
    If you saved the messages and deleted them from your main message folder, they may perhaps still be in your saved message folder.

12-27-08 05:08 AM
    How bout a recent back up?
    12-27-08 05:10 AM
    Oh no I didn't save any of my messages I haven't done a back up before so I don't have that either

Oh well thanks anyway for you help I'd prob needed to clear my BB anyway lol

12-27-08 05:45 AM
    Few suggestions for the future.
    If you have a message you don't want to loose, as they'll all go bye-bye eventually, save it. Even if you set your preferences to keep forever, your memory will get to the point that some will get deleted. Unless you do it with every one it won't take up much space. I've never lost a message in my saved folder.
    Set up in your general preferences to confirm delete. This will at least give you a moment to panic and back up to be sure you're only deleting what you want to loose.
    I made that delete mistake when changing my sisters phone # in my address book and completely wiped her out. So don't feel bad, we've all been a little quick on the trigger from time to time!
    Finally, if your really anal about keeping your previous messages, phone log etc., do frequent back ups. You can purchase a program here:
    http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html
    that will allow you to covert them onto your computer. Of course, don't forget to back that up too!
    12-27-08 06:20 AM
    I'd also HIGHLY recommend a program called TxtForward. $3.95 at the CB store and you can set it to forward all your text messages (both sent AND received) to a specified email address automatically. I believe it has a free trial. It's definitely saved my **** several times!

12-27-08 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD