My logic .. Why Obama is not allowed to use the iphone for security reasons (hack) .. but why is it society's recommended?? What security is only important for Obama?
    or deliberate so that the NSA can easily break into the data people (my be..my be iam worng)

my be if people use BlackBerry NSA can't easily break into the data
    01-19-14 09:20 AM
    Because the overwhelming majority of people could care less about security. That term "security" is relative. Once you link into FB, Twitter, Google and everything else it doesnt matter anyway..and it probably doesnt take that much. I have a relative in the US Navy. His job..detect and prevent cyber attacks..and hes been doing it for 15 years. At this point, he teaches the skill. He is a highly trained and highly skilled hacker. He has personally told me that they hack into Blackberrys (and other devices) in their lab all the time. He carries an iPhone. That security cat has long been out of the bag and its not going back in.
    bbq10l and mornhavon like this.
    01-19-14 09:37 AM
    Because the overwhelming majority of people could care less about security. That term "security" is relative. Once you link into FB, Twitter, Google and everything else it doesnt matter anyway..and it probably doesnt take that much. I have a relative in the US Navy. His job..detect and prevent cyber attacks..and hes been doing it for 15 years. At this point, he teaches the skill. He is a highly trained and highly skilled hacker. He has personally told me that they hack into Blackberrys (and other devices) in their lab all the time. He carries an iPhone. That security cat has long been out of the bag and its not going back in.
    That doesn't make any sense. If that were true the NSA or Secret Service wouldn't care which phone Obama used.

But if that argument doesn't dissuade you, then my uncle has been working for security firms for 20 years, is a professor of security, and has uber hacker powers. He says it is impossible to hack a BlackBerry. Guess, that's as iron clad as proof goes.

(I'm being sarcastic in case it went over your head.)

Posted via CB10
    Eqi Sz likes this.
    01-19-14 05:27 PM
    How did u guys even understand the OP'S post??? I need a code to figure what OP is trying to say.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-19-14 06:10 PM
    That doesn't make any sense. If that were true the NSA or Secret Service wouldn't care which phone Obama used.

But if that argument doesn't dissuade you, then my uncle has been working for security firms for 20 years, is a professor of security, and has uber hacker powers. He says it is impossible to hack a BlackBerry. Guess, that's as iron clad as proof goes.

(I'm being sarcastic in case it went over your head.)

Posted via CB10
    Yea it makes sense because as I said the term security is relative. Ok...BlackBerry is more secure than the other platforms thus making it the preferred choice that President Obama use it. That said..my point is that anyone or any entity that makes it their business to hack into phones can hack into a BlackBerry just the same as any other device. I'm sure in this day and age of technology that you realize that.

Z10
    01-19-14 09:26 PM
    Legacy BlackBerry can be hacked with a commodore 64.

On another note I know someone who knows someone who knows someone that knows someone and that someone is my long lost uncle and that someone told me that my uncle is an uber hacker working on top secret hacking projects and he told me that they hack into blackberries all the time. He has top secret clearance but the spooks don't mind him telling all those someone's that they hack into phones all the time and even blackberries.
    Oh and he teaches how to hack into phones as a side project.
    01-19-14 09:49 PM
    If your in the security world.... You must know one thing... Everything is hackable and crackable just takes some time and work!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:32 PM
    How did u guys even understand the OP'S post??? I need a code to figure what OP is trying to say.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    You are a hopeless hacker to be if you cannot decipher OP's message.
    lol
    01-19-14 10:47 PM
    If your in the security world.... You must know one thing... Everything is hackable and crackable just takes some time and work!

Posted via CB10
    Lol, or of you use the right encryption type and a strong enough key, hundreds or thousands of years
    01-19-14 10:59 PM
    Obama is a good president imo

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 12:27 AM
    Careful here though folks - CrackBerry doesn't allow political discussion. Discussing phones and security for government leaders is OK, but the mods may come and infract you if you (or me) if there's any discussion on political policies or faults/attributes of political figures.

That said, yay for BlackBerry Security (which realistically the NSA has probably broken, but not as quickly as they broke other OSes)!
    01-20-14 12:55 AM
    Hey yo check this out.
    My logic .. Why Obama is not allowed to use the iphone-1390201756920_129968.jpeg

If BlackBerry says it's OS has no backdoors and it's "impenetrable" then it must be true, right? This applies to BB10 but BBOS is also impenetrable. BlackBerry does have the security team who put years of work into the BlackBerry OS encryption. With millions of lines in code embedded it'll take a pretty long while to actually penetrate BlackBerry. But until then the NSA has other ways to get the information they want through fake wifi setups and through carrier relations.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:15 AM
    Lol, or of you use the right encryption type and a strong enough key, hundreds or thousands of years
    Quantum computers will change that to seconds apparently LOL!

Posted via CB10
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    01-20-14 08:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Meh. According to Wikipedia, AES256 can't be broken with a quantum computer any quicker than AES128 is broken by a regular computer. Quantum computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And with the cost of creating a quantum computer, it's unlikely that only a government will have the resources to eventually create one. And as we all know, governments are inherently peaceful, loving, and respectful of our personal privacy.
    01-20-14 08:52 PM
    Meh. According to Wikipedia, AES256 can't be broken with a quantum computer any quicker than AES128 is broken by a regular computer. Quantum computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And with the cost of creating a quantum computer, it's unlikely that only a government will have the resources to eventually create one. And as we all know, governments are inherently peaceful, loving, and respectful of our personal privacy.
    But you haven't forgotten the fact that a simple new virus like stuxnet can be used to crunch numbers... and the most powerful computing is a huge botnet working on one task in chunks.. wouldn't take that long I guess? Seeing as some of these revelations I heard are a surprise.

They actually tapped fibre optic cables using a company called level 3, the cables between there huge servers were tapped. Google Microsoft and yahoo.. they even targeted intercontinental fibre optic cables. That's a feat in my book... a massive feat.

This much power by one agency is just crazy... imagine the amount of files they must have on each individual and how much they know about each of us. Technology is so integral into our lives that they know every dirty little secret. It's amazing...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:20 PM
    But you haven't forgotten the fact that a simple new virus like stuxnet can be used to crunch numbers... and the most powerful computing is a huge botnet working on one task in chunks.. wouldn't take that long I guess? Seeing as some of these revelations I heard are a surprise.

They actually tapped fibre optic cables using a company called level 3, the cables between there huge servers were tapped. Google Microsoft and yahoo.. they even targeted intercontinental fibre optic cables. That's a feat in my book... a massive feat.

This much power by one agency is just crazy... imagine the amount of files they must have on each individual and how much they know about each of us. Technology is so integral into our lives that they know every dirty little secret. It's amazing...

Posted via CB10
    I haven't forgotten but even if you have a string of say 10,000 quantum computers attempting to brute force AES256 encrypted text (which would be the equivalent of 10,000 regular computers working on AES128 encrypted text), we're still talking hundreds of millions, if not billions, of years.
    01-20-14 09:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Some time or a long time? I don't think it'll take some time because if it did BB10 could be penetrated anytime now. It'll probably take a long time due to its strong encryption

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:47 PM
    Legacy BlackBerry can be hacked with a commodore 64.

On another note I know someone who knows someone who knows someone that knows someone and that someone is my long lost uncle and that someone told me that my uncle is an uber hacker working on top secret hacking projects and he told me that they hack into blackberries all the time. He has top secret clearance but the spooks don't mind him telling all those someone's that they hack into phones all the time and even blackberries.
    Oh and he teaches how to hack into phones as a side project.
    You have convinced me. This is as ironclad as it gets.

But you know, I have an uncle, who has a friend, whose brother knows the third cousin of a waitress, who talked to a guy that overheard a conversation about a lady that found an Internet article about a diplomat from a foreign country, whose sister dated another girl who went straight after she bumped into a guy who say he works for DOD and they said that they hack into Blackberries all the time and that the only reason Obama uses it is because he likes it.

OMG, you know what this means. BlackBerry is cool. Yikes.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    As soon as they don't blow up because of their serious stability issues. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:55 PM
    I haven't forgotten but even if you have a string of say 10,000 quantum computers attempting to brute force AES256 encrypted text (which would be the equivalent of 10,000 regular computers working on AES128 encrypted text), we're still talking hundreds of millions, if not billions, of years.
    I'm sure they'll find a way... They're very ruthless in there way of getting what they want. Seeing as the Elliptic Curve patents are owned by BlackBerry through a small firm they purchased called Certicom.. And I heard some EC's were flawed on purpose... Something very off is happening here...

P.s Btw wouldn't GPU based data crunching have a bit of a speed boost? Cut a couple of million years off there CUDA!!! Plus CUDA farms are coming nVidia Quadro powered

P.s.s I also think as chips are getting to there theoretical limit (As electricity doesn't like being pushed through tiny paths so they decide to jump around...) of being downsized... Layered wafers are coming Or 3D chips... would also have a little speed boost there too Technology moves at a alarming pace... imagine I'm rocking a Intel i7 2600k with 16GB of RAM and a RAID0 setup... I was the fastest 2 years back... Seeing the new chips they have over nearly double in computational power than my trusted 2600k... I so need a upgrade -_-.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:56 PM
    Some time or a long time? I don't think it'll take some time because if it did BB10 could be penetrated anytime now. It'll probably take a long time due to its strong encryption

Posted via CB10
    True but computation power never weakens every generation... We're only going faster and faster... Doubling every year like Moores law.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually, a fair comment but time equates to years. Unless your a history professor, it is of little value.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:02 PM
    As soon as they don't blow up because of their serious stability issues. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    All them so called bombings in Afghanistan, Iraq could be malfunctioning Quantum Computers? LOOL And soon of later someone's going to do it... We probably won't know cause it'll be a government most probably... My bet is on the US and UK, there very clever when they put there minds to it.

This post wasn't meant to be a racial or any type of slur or joke of the situation there... I really don't need to be crucified online today at 4am in the morning.. My posts are of my opinion, jokes and knowledge I have gained from reading and absorbing information.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:03 PM
    Actually, a fair comment but time equates to years. Unless your a history professor, it is of little value.

Posted via CB10
    The software necessarily doesn't need to have a flaw... The hardware can have a flaw. Like how someone worked out one core in the ps3 managed the encryption and decryption duties and tapped the line. GeoHot did that I think? How the level 1-2-3 keys got dropped And PS3 was jail broken... Even after 7 years that's amazing... Geohot worked on it for a few months and he had an idea on how to break in.

Remember what Albert Einstein said "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

Anything is possible... Just put your mind to it!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:10 PM
    The software necessarily doesn't need to have a flaw... The hardware can have a flaw. Like how someone worked out one core in the ps3 managed the encryption and decryption duties and tapped the line. GeoHot did that I think? How the level 1-2-3 keys got dropped And PS3 was jail broken... Even after 7 years that's amazing... Geohot worked on it for a few months and he had an idea on how to break in.

Remember what Albert Einstein said "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

Posted via CB10
    Well yes. This is partly why BlackBerry stays in the hardware business. Your previous point was about encryption so why seaway into hardware.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:15 PM
37 12