This is my BlackBerry life story. I just felt that I needed to get it out there. I am very passionate about my BlackBerry devices. Does anyone else have a story to tell?

I would love for BB10 to rise from the ashes and rise to the top. In many ways I believe it is still the best OS ever created! I'm a BlackBerry fan through and through. I'm also a Verizon Customer, and a full touch BlackBerry kinda guy. Having said that my access to BlackBerry is slim to none.

So to counter that I did a little work. My first non BlackBerry phone was an LG G6. I immediately figured out how to install the full BlackBerry App Suite, minus DTEK and felt almost right at home. It was almost good enough. Now I'm on a Note9 512 GB version and once again running the whole BlackBerry App Suite. I subscribe to the apps I can from the Play Store and I used BlackBerry Manager to get the apps not available for my device on the Play Store. I actually have people, that don't know or care what BlackBerry is, be very interested in my phone because it's different. I mean we all use cases nowadays, so what people see is the interface. The BlackBerry launcher is almost a perfect BB10 compromise. I do miss all of my gestures for sure, but the experience is pretty close and sometimes better on the launcher. The Pop up widgets are awesome.

I still have every BlackBerry I have owned since the original Verizon Storm and then some. A few are not the exact one I had but that doesn't matter too much.

My BlackBerry Storm 9530. My brother and I both went out and picked one up at the same time. Before this I had an LG flip phone. My brother had a much older BlackBerry device that sparked our interest in BlackBerry. The first few days were quite rough. The learning curve was tough but rewarding. We both wanted to throw the phone against a wall several times but we couldn't. The BlackBerry lust had already began. We loved the Storm. Remember the touch issue where you had to strategically place a piece of paper between the battery and the phone to get the screen to click properly. Having to uninstall an app to install a new one. Sometimes daily depending on which app I needed at the time. Messing with hybrid OSes to allow more apps that I actually needed to be installed. My time with the Storm 9530 didn't last too long because the Storm 2 9550 came out and the 9530 just didn't have enough storage for apps that I needed. Verizon and I worked out a deal where they took the Storm 9530 back and I paid $30 to get the Storm 9550. I have 2 or 3 old Storm 9530's laying around. I need to get batteries for them.

My BlackBerry Storm 9550. Man was I happy with this phone! It did so much more than the 9530. In time it developed it's own screen clicking issues that were quite difficult to get around. I also wound up messing with hybrid OSes to free up device space and enhance performance. I really enjoyed both Storm devices overall. I have a couple Storm 9550's laying around that also need new batteries.

My Torch 9850 was a pleasant Upgrade from the Storm devices. OS 7 was so advanced and smooth compared to OS 4 and eventually OS 5 on the Storms. I didn't have hardly any issues with the Torch. It was all around a good phone. What eventually killed it for me was the 3G. 3G was so overwhelmed and slow that without WiFi life was slow... My Torch 9850 is now perched on the belt clip for the case I have on it plugged in on my dresser as a clock. It has been there since the day I got my pre ordered Z10 in early 2013 and hasn't missed a beat. I pick it up every once and a while and dwell on the great memories with the device.

Next is the BlackBerry PlayBook. Man what an incredible tablet. So many broken promises, so many fond memories. It lives in its charging dock at my bedside and has been on almost the entire time going 70-80 plus days at a time without a reboot. I pick it up from time to time and mess with it. What an amazing experience this tablet was while paired with my Torch 9850. The functionality dropped off a bit as time went on with my Z10 but I still loved it and used it fairly often. I made a make shift mount and strapped it to the cage of my forklift at my old job for a while to listen to music. Then Bluetooth speakers became the norm and I eventually picked one up and retired my beloved PlayBook.

Next is the Z10. The excitement that I had for this device was insane! I had my brother, girlfriend, and cousin all on board to get one when they came out. I pre-ordered my Z10 thinking the line at Verizon was going to be brutal. I took my gf to get hers on launch day and there was no line. She got hers before I got mine... She got white and I got black. I swore BB10 was the future and this device was going to take BlackBerry to the top again where it needed to be! With BB10 it should have had no problem getting to the top. BlackBerry dropped the ball big time and didn't advertise pretty much at all and nobody knew what it was or even cared that it existed. Most people had a sour taste in their mouth when it came to BlackBerry. So many people bought into BlackBerry devices just to be left out in the dark with previous devices while Apple and Google took the market by storm. It was like BlackBerry killed everyone's childhood pet or something. People would see that my phone was different and ask about it. They thought it was amazing and cool and then loose interest when they found out it was a BlackBerry. The common response was "They still make phones?" I didn't care I loved my Z10. Now it usually spends it's life in retirement either in my cooler or Center console in my car. It is almost always close by. It was used as a dedicated media player at my old job until the 3.5 mm plug finally wore out and no longer made good enough connection and Stereo was no more. I even bought a cheap Bluetooth adapter to keep it going for a while. I still charge it up and show it off occasionally. One of my favorite BlackBerry devices minus the battery life. It did get pretty warm under heavy usage but it was a great phone. I need to get a replacement 3.5 mm port and fix it... One of these days.

Next is my BlackBerry Z30. I loved the Z30. The stereo speakers where great! The battery life was great! But the phone was heavy compared to the Z10. I didn't mind though. Same experience as the Z10 OS Wise. A bit faster in places. This phone is also in retirement and resides in the center console of my car. I used it for dedicated media player for a bit after my Z10 until I got the Bluetooth adapter. Another great device! I was so excited to get my hands on one and so upset that my father got one before I did. FYI he is still using a BlackBerry Z30 today. Over the years he has had one stop charging with a cable and bought a wireless charger to keep it going. Finally bought a used one with a cracked screen to replace his first due to the power button giving up. We moved the good display from his first Z30. Than another due to a bee flying in the window of his truck causing him to panic and his phone flew out the window and crashed hard onto the ground shattering the display almost completely. We then picked up another because while swapping the screen to the bee phone somehow something got under the screen, a seed from a weed I believe, possibly from the tumble out of the window, and cracked the display which slowly bled out... Once again we picked up another used Z30 in near mint condition a few weeks ago and now he is plugging away happily again. Ran into a couple of the devices loosing the ability to enter settings or connect to any data source which was fun. I resolved one and I can not resolve the other. Before the Z30 my father was stuck on the LG Envy 3 I believe until he couldn't find any more.

Now for the Priv. Oh BlackBerry how I loved and hated you for the Priv. I was not ready to give up BB10 and I hated Android in so many ways, but the Priv helped me adapt thanks to the BlackBerry Launcher, Hub, Calendar, Contacts, Device Search, and the amazing Virtual keyboard. All of which I still install on every Android device I use to this day. Finally I had all of the apps! I also had all of the clunky Android crap that I did not want, but it is what it is. The Priv was great for about 10 - 15 minutes when it would get very warm and throttle itself. The battery seemed to have a legit drain valve stuck open from time to time. But nonetheless it was a BlackBerry and I loved it just the same. I managed to drop it and broke the screen which eventually led to the Cameras acting up, the power button stopped working and finally the GPS stopped working at all. I used Hotspot and my Z30 for navigation for a couple of months before finally getting an insurance replacement. Asurion did not carry the Priv anymore and this is how I wound up with the LG G6.

The LG G6 is actually a decent phone. Mixed with the BlackBerry App Suite it was more enjoyable than the Priv most of the time. But it was significantly newer. The camera met and sometimes exceeded the Priv's camera, mainly due the the combination of both standard and wide angle lenses. I found out that it wasn't a big fan of water after a day at the water park. I did get some great under water photos of the family and a couple cool videos. This led to G6 number 2 once again an insurance replacement. In true Android fashion the G6 eventually got to be too much to deal with. The phone kept getting slower and slower and the battery life kept getting worse and worse. I finally found the next candidate.

Enter the 512GB Note9. I knew that part of the downfall of the G6 was the 4GB of system memory. With this I knew that a 6GB system memory device wasn't going to be much better in time. So after the shortage of the 512GB Note9 was over and the device came back to market I snagged one for $300 off which made it cheaper than the 128GB version at launch. My brother couldn't wait for the 512GB version so he grabbed the 128GB. It will be interesting to see how they compete down the road in about a year or so. The Note9 actually brings me back closer to the system performance I miss from BB10. The phone is just plan fast! The camera is amazing! The battery life is great! I still do not like Android though. I of course am running the whole BlackBerry App Suite. I still miss the gestures of BB10 but I am living OK without them these days.

At the end of the day it just doesn't feel right using anything other than a BlackBerry device. But I'm surviving with what I have available. BlackBerry for life one way or another!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-30-18 08:52 AM
    This is my BlackBerry life story. I just felt that I needed to get it out there. I am very passionate about my BlackBerry devices. Does anyone else have a story to tell?

I would love for BB10 to rise from the ashes and rise to the top. In many ways I believe it is still the best OS ever created! I'm a BlackBerry fan through and through. I'm also a Verizon Customer, and a full touch BlackBerry kinda guy. Having said that my access to BlackBerry is slim to none.

So to counter that I did a little work. My first non BlackBerry phone was an LG G6. I immediately figured out how to install the full BlackBerry App Suite, minus DTEK and felt almost right at home. It was almost good enough. Now I'm on a Note9 512 GB version and once again running the whole BlackBerry App Suite. I subscribe to the apps I can from the Play Store and I used BlackBerry Manager to get the apps not available for my device on the Play Store. I actually have people, that don't know or care what BlackBerry is, be very interested in my phone because it's different. I mean we all use cases nowadays, so what people see is the interface. The BlackBerry launcher is almost a perfect BB10 compromise. I do miss all of my gestures for sure, but the experience is pretty close and sometimes better on the launcher. The Pop up widgets are awesome.

I still have every BlackBerry I have owned since the original Verizon Storm and then some. A few are not the exact one I had but that doesn't matter too much.

My BlackBerry Storm 9530. My brother and I both went out and picked one up at the same time. Before this I had an LG flip phone. My brother had a much older BlackBerry device that sparked our interest in BlackBerry. The first few days were quite rough. The learning curve was tough but rewarding. We both wanted to throw the phone against a wall several times but we couldn't. The BlackBerry lust had already began. We loved the Storm. Remember the touch issue where you had to strategically place a piece of paper between the battery and the phone to get the screen to click properly. Having to uninstall an app to install a new one. Sometimes daily depending on which app I needed at the time. Messing with hybrid OSes to allow more apps that I actually needed to be installed. My time with the Storm 9530 didn't last too long because the Storm 2 9550 came out and the 9530 just didn't have enough storage for apps that I needed. Verizon and I worked out a deal where they took the Storm 9530 back and I paid $30 to get the Storm 9550. I have 2 or 3 old Storm 9530's laying around. I need to get batteries for them.

My BlackBerry Storm 9550. Man was I happy with this phone! It did so much more than the 9530. In time it developed it's own screen clicking issues that were quite difficult to get around. I also wound up messing with hybrid OSes to free up device space and enhance performance. I really enjoyed both Storm devices overall. I have a couple Storm 9550's laying around that also need new batteries.

My Torch 9850 was a pleasant Upgrade from the Storm devices. OS 7 was so advanced and smooth compared to OS 4 and eventually OS 5 on the Storms. I didn't have hardly any issues with the Torch. It was all around a good phone. What eventually killed it for me was the 3G. 3G was so overwhelmed and slow that without WiFi life was slow... My Torch 9850 is now perched on the belt clip for the case I have on it plugged in on my dresser as a clock. It has been there since the day I got my pre ordered Z10 in early 2013 and hasn't missed a beat. I pick it up every once and a while and dwell on the great memories with the device.

Next is the BlackBerry PlayBook. Man what an incredible tablet. So many broken promises, so many fond memories. It lives in its charging dock at my bedside and has been on almost the entire time going 70-80 plus days at a time without a reboot. I pick it up from time to time and mess with it. What an amazing experience this tablet was while paired with my Torch 9850. The functionality dropped off a bit as time went on with my Z10 but I still loved it and used it fairly often. I made a make shift mount and strapped it to the cage of my forklift at my old job for a while to listen to music. Then Bluetooth speakers became the norm and I eventually picked one up and retired my beloved PlayBook.

Next is the Z10. The excitement that I had for this device was insane! I had my brother, girlfriend, and cousin all on board to get one when they came out. I pre-ordered my Z10 thinking the line at Verizon was going to be brutal. I took my gf to get hers on launch day and there was no line. She got hers before I got mine... She got white and I got black. I swore BB10 was the future and this device was going to take BlackBerry to the top again where it needed to be! With BB10 it should have had no problem getting to the top. BlackBerry dropped the ball big time and didn't advertise pretty much at all and nobody knew what it was or even cared that it existed. Most people had a sour taste in their mouth when it came to BlackBerry. So many people bought into BlackBerry devices just to be left out in the dark with previous devices while Apple and Google took the market by storm. It was like BlackBerry killed everyone's childhood pet or something. People would see that my phone was different and ask about it. They thought it was amazing and cool and then loose interest when they found out it was a BlackBerry. The common response was "They still make phones?" I didn't care I loved my Z10. Now it usually spends it's life in retirement either in my cooler or Center console in my car. It is almost always close by. It was used as a dedicated media player at my old job until the 3.5 mm plug finally wore out and no longer made good enough connection and Stereo was no more. I even bought a cheap Bluetooth adapter to keep it going for a while. I still charge it up and show it off occasionally. One of my favorite BlackBerry devices minus the battery life. It did get pretty warm under heavy usage but it was a great phone. I need to get a replacement 3.5 mm port and fix it... One of these days.

Next is my BlackBerry Z30. I loved the Z30. The stereo speakers where great! The battery life was great! But the phone was heavy compared to the Z10. I didn't mind though. Same experience as the Z10 OS Wise. A bit faster in places. This phone is also in retirement and resides in the center console of my car. I used it for dedicated media player for a bit after my Z10 until I got the Bluetooth adapter. Another great device! I was so excited to get my hands on one and so upset that my father got one before I did. FYI he is still using a BlackBerry Z30 today. Over the years he has had one stop charging with a cable and bought a wireless charger to keep it going. Finally bought a used one with a cracked screen to replace his first due to the power button giving up. We moved the good display from his first Z30. Than another due to a bee flying in the window of his truck causing him to panic and his phone flew out the window and crashed hard onto the ground shattering the display almost completely. We then picked up another because while swapping the screen to the bee phone somehow something got under the screen, a seed from a weed I believe, possibly from the tumble out of the window, and cracked the display which slowly bled out... Once again we picked up another used Z30 in near mint condition a few weeks ago and now he is plugging away happily again. Ran into a couple of the devices loosing the ability to enter settings or connect to any data source which was fun. I resolved one and I can not resolve the other. Before the Z30 my father was stuck on the LG Envy 3 I believe until he couldn't find any more.

Now for the Priv. Oh BlackBerry how I loved and hated you for the Priv. I was not ready to give up BB10 and I hated Android in so many ways, but the Priv helped me adapt thanks to the BlackBerry Launcher, Hub, Calendar, Contacts, Device Search, and the amazing Virtual keyboard. All of which I still install on every Android device I use to this day. Finally I had all of the apps! I also had all of the clunky Android crap that I did not want, but it is what it is. The Priv was great for about 10 - 15 minutes when it would get very warm and throttle itself. The battery seemed to have a legit drain valve stuck open from time to time. But nonetheless it was a BlackBerry and I loved it just the same. I managed to drop it and broke the screen which eventually led to the Cameras acting up, the power button stopped working and finally the GPS stopped working at all. I used Hotspot and my Z30 for navigation for a couple of months before finally getting an insurance replacement. Asurion did not carry the Priv anymore and this is how I wound up with the LG G6.

The LG G6 is actually a decent phone. Mixed with the BlackBerry App Suite it was more enjoyable than the Priv most of the time. But it was significantly newer. The camera met and sometimes exceeded the Priv's camera, mainly due the the combination of both standard and wide angle lenses. I found out that it wasn't a big fan of water after a day at the water park. I did get some great under water photos of the family and a couple cool videos. This led to G6 number 2 once again an insurance replacement. In true Android fashion the G6 eventually got to be too much to deal with. The phone kept getting slower and slower and the battery life kept getting worse and worse. I finally found the next candidate.

Enter the 512GB Note9. I knew that part of the downfall of the G6 was the 4GB of system memory. With this I knew that a 6GB system memory device wasn't going to be much better in time. So after the shortage of the 512GB Note9 was over and the device came back to market I snagged one for $300 off which made it cheaper than the 128GB version at launch. My brother couldn't wait for the 512GB version so he grabbed the 128GB. It will be interesting to see how they compete down the road in about a year or so. The Note9 actually brings me back closer to the system performance I miss from BB10. The phone is just plan fast! The camera is amazing! The battery life is great! I still do not like Android though. I of course am running the whole BlackBerry App Suite. I still miss the gestures of BB10 but I am living OK without them these days.

At the end of the day it just doesn't feel right using anything other than a BlackBerry device. But I'm surviving with what I have available. BlackBerry for life one way or another!
    Welcome to CB!!!!!!

Very interesting... all my BBAndroid devices are just that. The non-BBAndroid devices I own, I’ve never installed BB App Suite ever, successfully.. when BB App Suite first came out, I think device I tried, LG G2, wasn’t compatible or since it was a new idea, offered too many challenges for me. I was dual carrying the AT&T G2 with AT&T Passport at time and then with AT&T PRIV when AT&T Passport wasn’t efficient anymore. Then I tried dual carrying both factory unlocked DTEK on AT&T but phones weren’t as durable. I switched to AT&T KEYone and dual carried AT&T iPhone 5 hand me down which led me to AT&T iPhone XR now. So with KEYone and XR, I hope AT&T carries a KEYone successor for when 3/32 KEYone is no longer able to keep up. I should be good for another year. If not, I’m looking at LG V40 ThinQ or successor with AT&T but hopefully BB App Suite downloaded.

I would love AT&T VKB BBMo hardware but that’s highly unlike so I’ll settle for another iPhone model down the road...
    elfabio80 and HossAlmighty like this.
    12-30-18 09:47 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!!!!

Very interesting... all my BBAndroid devices are just that. The non-BBAndroid devices I own, I’ve never installed BB App Suite ever, successfully.. when BB App Suite first came out, I think device I tried, LG G2, wasn’t compatible or since it was a new idea, offered too many challenges for me. I was dual carrying the AT&T G2 with AT&T Passport at time and then with AT&T PRIV when AT&T Passport wasn’t efficient anymore. Then I tried dual carrying both factory unlocked DTEK on AT&T but phones weren’t as durable. I switched to AT&T KEYone and dual carried AT&T iPhone 5 hand me down which led me to AT&T iPhone XR now. So with KEYone and XR, I hope AT&T carries a KEYone successor for when 3/32 KEYone is no longer able to keep up. I should be good for another year. If not, I’m looking at LG V40 ThinQ or successor with AT&T but hopefully BB App Suite downloaded.

I would love AT&T VKB BBMo hardware but that’s highly unlike so I’ll settle for another iPhone model down the road...
    Hi Chuck,

How is it your experience with the Iphone XR so far?
    12-30-18 10:17 AM
    Hi Chuck,

How is it your experience with the Iphone XR so far?
    Everything reminds me of BBOS when BB was at top of their game. The good and the bad of things being sold to customers regarded as “premium” so everyone with accessories etc charges “premium” since it’s Apple product.

It’s what BBOS would have become had Steve Jobs taken over BBOS for charity purposes in 2009 with some life extending trade off for himself to help the less fortunate. I do prefer my KEYone PKB, however, the other aspects do offset using a VKB phone. If the XR could have the BB VKB,
    and BB HUB, I’d put the KEYone away since XR has dual esim capabilities.

For me, the problem is that lack of WFC and VoLTE carrier support for most devices, carrier locked or not. Leaving AT&T is not option since high coverage with low cost has been there for me. I only have coverage issues where I live on my street, and BBMo is the only device not supported of 10 lines...phones and tablets.

It leaves me frustrated because, I would have bought a Motion instead of XR and replaced KEYone for Key2 or Key2 LE already. Instead, six months later, I may buy a Key2 for spare phone or WiFi only. Hobby or nostalgia in case KEYone dies and no Key3 ever shows up. I don’t have WFC or VoLTE on KEYone anyway, but I prefer carrier device for warranty support issues. When you have longtime account, the carrier plays nicely usually.
    12-30-18 10:29 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!!!!

I'm of the firm belief LG's software tweaks don't play well with BlackBerry's app suite software, Hub+ Services in particular. I have the same issues from device to device and over several several system upgrades. T'would seem, LG and thee, not meant to be.
    12-30-18 11:42 AM
    OP, your journey, both phone wise and emotional re: BlackBerry is similar to mine. I smiled when I read what you wrote about your excitement for the Z10, as I also was just as excited.
    I am using my first non BlackBerry phone, a Pixel 2 XL, and the BB suite plays fine with it. I don't use the launcher though as I prefer stock.
    HossAlmighty likes this.
    12-30-18 12:48 PM
    I'm of the firm belief LG's software tweaks don't play well with BlackBerry's app suite software, Hub+ Services in particular. I have the same issues from device to device and over several several system upgrades. T'would seem, LG and thee, not meant to be.
    Nice to know that I’m not totally inept, close but not totally.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    12-30-18 01:12 PM
    OP, just curious, did you type all this using Note9? K2 or K2LE would be better I guess ;-). good to know BB carry you around all your youth - are you sure it is not the "good old days" with your gf you are miss the most (in addition to the BB life... believe me, I had similar flash back both BB and Apple - the long line up in front apple store to get t-shirt for its locational opening, BB mug, t-shirt, hat as collection items... just ordered two JM-1 battery for my 9900 and 9860... etc.etc.).
    12-30-18 02:18 PM
    The excitement I had for for the Z10 was ridiculous. The anticipation was rough. I just couldn't get the phone in my hands fast enough. Lol I even had a conversation with the Verizon Sales rep before it came out. They were shocked with the amount of knowledge I had of the device. I like the launcher for the Pop up widgets. I use them fairly often. And the clean near stock UI is nice for my uses.
    gebco likes this.
    12-31-18 01:49 PM
    Entirely from my Note9. BlackBerry VKB all the way for me. BlackBerry Manager allows me to get and keep the keyboard updated.
    12-31-18 01:52 PM
    My employer forces me to use Iphone as company phone. I wish I could use my blackberry. Everytime I pick the Iphone up I call somebody by accident.
    That's a great story. Did you type on a blackberry 10 as I'm doing now? Thanks for posting that, it was a joy to read.
    01-04-19 05:59 PM
    A BlackBerry just doesn't seem like a BlackBerry to me with out the physical keyboard. BTW I tried to type the letter "BB", but everytime I do my BlackBerry Classic autocorrects to BlackBerry.
    01-04-19 06:02 PM
    Everything reminds me of BBOS when BB was at top of their game. The good and the bad of things being sold to customers regarded as “premium” so everyone with accessories etc charges “premium” since it’s Apple product.

It’s what BBOS would have become had Steve Jobs taken over BBOS for charity purposes in 2009 with some life extending trade off for himself to help the less fortunate. I do prefer my KEYone PKB, however, the other aspects do offset using a VKB phone. If the XR could have the BB VKB,
    and BB HUB, I’d put the KEYone away since XR has dual esim capabilities.

For me, the problem is that lack of WFC and VoLTE carrier support for most devices, carrier locked or not. Leaving AT&T is not option since high coverage with low cost has been there for me. I only have coverage issues where I live on my street, and BBMo is the only device not supported of 10 lines...phones and tablets.

It leaves me frustrated because, I would have bought a Motion instead of XR and replaced KEYone for Key2 or Key2 LE already. Instead, six months later, I may buy a Key2 for spare phone or WiFi only. Hobby or nostalgia in case KEYone dies and no Key3 ever shows up. I don’t have WFC or VoLTE on KEYone anyway, but I prefer carrier device for warranty support issues. When you have longtime account, the carrier plays nicely usually.
    Our Samsung S9 devices work exceptionally well with the HUB Suite and BlackBerry VKB. My daughter has the iPhone XR. Similar device hardware wise but the OS and UI, to me, feels dated to Android Oreo and it feels like a much older than '18 phone with its wider physical size. (if the HUB suite and VKB were available for Apple I would go with the X, Xs, or iPhone 8 for size) As a former Z30 user I prefer the ergonomics and physical size of the S9. For former BlackBerry all touch users the S9 is like the ultimate Z30 upgrade with BlackBerry HUB suite and VKB. (and should be even better with Pie swiping abilities) In addition the S9 gets better reception in rural areas. Our carrier is T-Mobile and we recently went on the Amtrak Zepher through the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Where my dad on his X and my daughter on her XR had no or two bars our S9's had two or full. Not sure if the S9 has more bands or just better antenna and or placement?

Like the OP I was completely jazzed for the Z10 release back in '13. I was on AT&T then. Unfortunately the initial BlackBerry 10 OS on the Z10 and AT&T hampering and delaying the update to OS 10.2.1 made me revert back to my 9900 until the Z10 updated OTA. That was the beginning of the end of my 15 year relationship with AT&T. The Z10 was a completely different device and improved after 10.2.1. If only the Z10 and Classic (with a tool belt and track pad for 9900 users) had released at the same time with it may have been a different story for BlackBerry 10 and carrier support for BlackBerry. Oh well. Android and iOS it is..

Via the Cobalt Classic
    01-05-19 03:02 PM
    Our Samsung S9 devices work exceptionally well with the HUB Suite and BlackBerry VKB. My daughter has the iPhone XR. Similar device hardware wise but the OS and UI, to me, feels dated to Android Oreo and it feels like a much older than '18 phone with its wider physical size. (if the HUB suite and VKB were available for Apple I would go with the X, Xs, or iPhone 8 for size) As a former Z30 user I prefer the ergonomics and physical size of the S9. For former BlackBerry all touch users the S9 is like the ultimate Z30 upgrade with BlackBerry HUB suite and VKB. (and should be even better with Pie swiping abilities) In addition the S9 gets better reception in rural areas. Our carrier is T-Mobile and we recently went on the Amtrak Zepher through the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Where my dad on his X and my daughter on her XR had no or two bars our S9's had two or full. Not sure if the S9 has more bands or just better antenna and or placement?

Like the OP I was completely jazzed for the Z10 release back in '13. I was on AT&T then. Unfortunately the initial BlackBerry 10 OS on the Z10 and AT&T hampering and delaying the update to OS 10.2.1 made me revert back to my 9900 until the Z10 updated OTA. That was the beginning of the end of my 15 year relationship with AT&T. The Z10 was a completely different device and improved after 10.2.1. If only the Z10 and Classic (with a tool belt and track pad for 9900 users) had released at the same time with it may have been a different story for BlackBerry 10 and carrier support for BlackBerry. Oh well. Android and iOS it is..

Via the Cobalt Classic
    Same problem with BB10 release on AT&T but I didn’t revert and it was painful. I relied on cheap Android somethings before anyways until I got an AT&T LG G2 and I was happy with Android device. The 10.2.1 and 10.3.2 releases were so late that it almost didn’t matter. Problem was that initial BB10 release with 10.crap was about year delayed to begin with....
    01-05-19 03:09 PM