The sideways zigzag from BlackBerry 's insiders regarding the future of its hardware department makes my head spin.
    In 1 week 3 thread titles I quote:

Blackberry has not ruled out another BlackBerry 10 device ( Bla1ze , 1 week ago).

Blackberry will discuss new devices next week (Bla1ze , 1 day ago).

Stop asking about phones, we're a software company (Mr. Chen himself , 20 hours ago).

It looks like somebody is not sure where the light switch is!
    Make up your minds already, for all our sakes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    pstrusi and themaddtitan like this.
    07-20-16 11:55 AM
    I'm not sure what the confusion is.

BlackBerry has stated for a long time that they are a security software company that would also like to stay in the hardware game as a complementary product, if they can achieve (or at least get sufficiently close to) profitability.

Chen was hounded by reporters at a software security conference for hardware details. He wants to make it clear (once again), that BlackBerry is more than hardware, and to set the tone for the rest of the conference.

He also stated that device details would be released in the next week or two.

Priv STV100-1 AAF518 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    ZayDub, Karan Riar and glwerry like this.
    07-20-16 12:08 PM
    Before you get out, you've got to provide a soft landing for your customers.
    John Chen is just preparing you for a soft landing. Yes, snacks and drinks were recently served to you but now it's time to put your seat back forward and your tray tables up. He's guiding BlackBerry customers to a final resting place where they don't make hardware anymore and it doesn't matter that much to you or them.
    07-20-16 12:15 PM
    Yeah a security software company who's CEO doesn't believe in strong encryption. O_o

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 12:48 PM
    Yeah a security software company who's CEO doesn't believe in strong encryption. O_o

Posted via CB10
    BES, BBM Protected, WatchDox, AdHoc, and SecureSmart use world class encryption.

IndianTiwari, rarsen and bakron1 like this.
    07-20-16 12:53 PM
    Chicken without head. After many years of faithful loyalism, now I'm done, dissapointed
    07-21-16 07:59 AM
    I'm not sure what the confusion is.

BlackBerry has stated for a long time that they are a security software company that would also like to stay in the hardware game as a complementary product, if they can achieve (or at least get sufficiently close to) profitability.

Chen was hounded by reporters at a software security conference for hardware details. He wants to make it clear (once again), that BlackBerry is more than hardware, and to set the tone for the rest of the conference.

He also stated that device details would be released in the next week or two.

VERY well stated. That's flat out one of the best answers I have seen, ever.
    07-21-16 08:25 AM
    The sideways zigzag from BlackBerry 's insiders regarding the future of its hardware department makes my head spin.

Blackberry has not ruled out another BlackBerry 10 device ( Bla1ze , 1 week ago).

Stop asking about phones, we're a software company (Mr. Chen himself , 20 hours ago).

Get an iPhone. That usually solves most people's problems lol.

Posted via CB10
    valer466 likes this.
    07-21-16 09:10 AM
    I agree with you a hundred percent, those are the facts. The question still unanswered is why go on marketing mobiles if you know beforehand that they will not sell anyway in numbers that will make it justifiable and profitable.
    You have just about shelved the OS 10,
    tried the Blackberry /android combination, without to much success...

I would like BlackBerry as a final gesture to their fateful followers to push out the best of the best upgrades to their already marketed OS 10 and B/A mobiles and say thank you all before closing the hardware section of this great company.

07-21-16 09:18 AM
    would like BlackBerry as a final gesture to their fateful followers to push out the best of the best upgrades to their already marketed OS 10 and B/A mobiles and say thank you all before closing the hardware section of this great company.

As a BlackBerry shareholder, I hope they don't do anything out of the goodness of their heart.
    07-21-16 09:22 AM

I would like BlackBerry as a final gesture to their fateful followers to push out the best of the best upgrades to their already marketed OS 10 and B/A mobiles and say thank you all before closing the hardware section of this great company.

"Fateful followers" ***LOL***
    DrBoomBotz and donnation like this.
    07-21-16 02:17 PM
    "Fateful followers" ***LOL***
    As a faithful follower....
    I had hoped that BlackBerry would offer STORM users some small incentive to stay with BlackBerry once they fixed the STORM and added enough memory for the OS to function...
    I had hoped that BlackBerry would offer PlayBook owners some small incentive for paying full price or sticking with the PlayBook...
    I had hoped that BlackBerry would offer Z10 owners some small incentive for putting up with it's undersized battery.....

What I have learns is that faithful get fleeced for all they have.... Especially when with all the mounting evidence they grasp at comments like... "we didn't say we aren't making new BB10 phones". I lost faith when the for sale sign went up!
    07-21-16 03:05 PM

There is no zigzagging at all. BlackBerry is moving to a software company. The returns on software is way much better than hardware. Chen has been trying to increase revenue on software from the time he took over. At the same time BlackBerry has been trying to reduce expenditure on hardware to improve its returns. BlackBerry will most likely not dump the hardware business because they need a medium to sell their software. BlackBerry phones, both BB10 and Android will be used to showcase and market the software business

Long Live BB10!
    Last edited by togarika; 07-22-16 at 01:15 AM.
    07-21-16 03:25 PM
    With zigzagging I did revere to the phone announcements made in a short span of time.
    Mr. Chen made it crystal-clear that BlackBerry is a software company.
    All I request from them is to upgrade / update the BB10 and Priv software.
    They owe us that at least!

07-21-16 10:42 PM
    John Chen's Last stand with handsets .
    07-22-16 05:42 AM

Blackberry has not ruled out another BlackBerry 10 device ( Bla1ze , 1 week ago). Pretty clear.

Blackberry will discuss new devices next week (Bla1ze , 1 day ago). Pretty Clear

Stop asking about phones, we're a software company (Mr. Chen himself , 20 hours ago). Pretty Clear

I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from. They may or may not make another BB10 device, they have two Android phones coming out, and handsets have taken a back seat to software and that's what Blackberry wants people to focus on. All seems pretty clear to me.
    07-22-16 07:22 AM
    All I request from them is to upgrade / update the BB10 and Priv software.
    They owe us that at least!
    They don't owe you anything.
    DrBoomBotz and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    07-22-16 07:54 AM
    Changes are afoot and all is well.

My head is spinning-chenberry_logo.jpg
    07-22-16 08:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Uh, they have world class encryption. They're just not giving it away for free. They are not a consumer-oriented company, so that makes sense for them.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 09:32 AM
    Rather than bi**hing about bb10 and android,if people will keep buying blackberry phones,they will continue to make or design handsets,its as simple as that,and I do wanna applaud chen's efforts though hardware itself is digging blackberry's grave still he's giving more chances to it.Wish these upcoming android phones could find them success.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 10:33 AM
    Rather than bi**hing about bb10 and android,if people will keep buying blackberry phones,they will continue to make or design handsets,its as simple as that,and I do wanna applaud chen's efforts though hardware itself is digging blackberry's grave still he's giving more chances to it.Wish these upcoming android phones could find them success.

Posted via CB10
    It's just a little bit more complicated than that. They need to sell enough handsets for the division to be profitable.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    07-22-16 10:43 AM