It used to be working fine but lately I haven't been able to get it to work.

Ok so I open the Maps app and choose Find my Location. It says "searching for satellites for maybe 30 seconds and then says that it doesn't have a clear view of the sky and cant find the satellites or something like that. Problem is is that I am standing outside with a very clear view of the sky.

Whats going on?

No matter what app I use it can't find my position using GPS.
    02-07-10 11:22 PM
    maybe you turned your GPS off?

battery pull?
    02-08-10 04:02 AM
    I tried a battery pull a couple of times and that didn't work.

And all the GPS settings are on.
    02-08-10 01:09 PM
    02-08-10 01:26 PM
    jeremytodd,
    which os are you running?
    i had gps running on my alltel tour until i upgraded to 5.0.0.419. have not been able to get it running again. have not spent much time trying though...
    i may look for another 5.0 os or hybrid.
    thanks
    02-08-10 05:58 PM
    There was a post a while ago about 5.0.0.419 and GPS troubles, and the problem was another device that the phone was paired with via Bluetooth (weird, I know).

If you go into your GPS options and look at the GPS Data Source, if there's something else listed there, that could be your problem, even if that other thing isn't highlighted as the source.

For me, it was my old laptop that I'd previously had a Bluetooth pairing with. It was showing up as an option under "GPS Data Source."

I have NO IDEA why, but some other guy had the same thing going, and when he deleted that device from his list of paired Bluetooth devices, his GPS worked again. Mine did, too.

Don't know if this is 5.0.0.419 specific or not.

Good luck!
    02-08-10 06:07 PM
    jeremytodd,
    which os are you running?
    i had gps running on my alltel tour until i upgraded to 5.0.0.419. have not been able to get it running again. have not spent much time trying though...
    i may look for another 5.0 os or hybrid.
    thanks

I'm on alltel too and before 5.0, the GPS was working fine. I upgraded to .419 though and ever since it wont work.

So maybe it's an alltel thing?

And I never have Bluetooth turned on, and I looked and there is nothing else in the GPS Data Source.
    02-08-10 08:51 PM
    I have had similar issue. It resolved once when my battery totally ran out. It occured again (always when I am in an area where data plan is not available). I tried battery pulls several times and it did not help. I finally pulled the battery and left it out for 15 minutes and IT WORKS again. Maybe I was too quick with replacing the battery when I did a battery pull
    02-11-10 04:45 PM
    I had the same problem when I upgraded to OS 5. It would search for about six seconds and then tell me no Sats. I did the fix as listed by ragnarokx. Mine works now but find location is not accurate. When I start GPS Navigation it is spot on. I downloaded the Garmin trial and it shows location perfect. I have yet to find an answer to why find location in BB Maps doesn't work right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 06:54 PM
    guys, i have the same problem. and now i'm thinking of buying a Bluetooth GPS Receiver.

will it work with BB Tour? i'm using the official OS v.5.
    02-11-10 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD