When I test it it won't connect to sattelites, even though I am outside in multiple locations. Do I have to enable it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 10:37 PM
    I have the same exact problem.
    Im thinkin about downgrading back to .114
    GPS worked perfect for me on that firmware, well most likely its the radio version.
    08-09-09 11:35 PM
    When I test it it won't connect to sattelites, even though I am outside in multiple locations. Do I have to enable it?

Has GPS ever worked prior? If so, have you installed any new applications that can use GPS? Go to "Options" -> "Advanced Options" -> "GPS" and verify settings there.
    08-10-09 12:10 AM

In advanced options>GPS, are you clicking the menu button and selecting refresh GPS? I'm on OS 250 and get a location lock in less than 30 seconds under a large covered porch.
    08-10-09 01:24 AM
    Mine hasn't worked ever since i got my phone

08-10-09 04:17 PM
    When i hit refresh the other night i got it to lock on. Now it can't find any at all, even when im outside. I tried a battery pull and still nothing. I dont think that my phone is broken, I just think there is something fishy going on.
    08-11-09 11:20 PM
    well after my last post i was able to connect 4 times. I guess it is working now
    08-12-09 01:13 AM
    I've had issues where my GPS does not show it's working, but when I use GoogleMaps it shows my exact location... sometimes it seems to work when change OS versions, sometimes it does not... I figure as long as GoogleMaps works I'm fine... I would not be using the GPS for anything else.
    08-12-09 08:14 AM
    I think it has more to do with location than anything else. I've difficulty getting a fix within the city where there are tall buildings everywhere. Getting a fix outside the city, say in the freeway, however takes just a few seconds!
    08-12-09 10:25 AM
    I've had issues where my GPS does not show it's working, but when I use GoogleMaps it shows my exact location... sometimes it seems to work when change OS versions, sometimes it does not... I figure as long as GoogleMaps works I'm fine... I would not be using the GPS for anything else.
    are you sure that's the actual GPS and not googlemaps using cell tours to pin point a location?
    08-12-09 11:47 AM
    are you sure that's the actual GPS and not googlemaps using cell tours to pin point a location?
    Yes, I'm absolutely sure... I watched myself traveling in my car just this past Monday street by street and stopping at all lights... I was not in the grass or the middle of the block... it was accurate within 3 meters.
    08-12-09 11:50 AM

try taking your phone out of the case or skin... see if that helps. i usually have to remove my skin to get a lock on the satellites. the GPS in the BB seems to be very generic/weak, definitely not a high quality gps module inside
    08-12-09 11:56 AM
    Has GPS ever worked prior? If so, have you installed any new applications that can use GPS? Go to "Options" -> "Advanced Options" -> "GPS" and verify settings there.
    I am writing you re the above post because I have a Blackberry 8330 Curve and have the same GPS problem to which you replied. My GPS worked originally, now doesn't. I did install a new app which is supposed to use GPS, but my GPS worked in the Maps application after the installation and the new app has never worked. When I go into advanced options, the "refresh gps" option isn't available. I'd appreciate any other suggestions you might have, and thanks for the time.
    08-13-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD