We nicknamed it "God". XD
    Don't ask why.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-18 11:14 PM
    We nicknamed it "God". XD
    Don't ask why.

Posted via CB10
    So your friend at least believes in some kind of INTELLIGENT DESIGN I'd say.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-14-18 11:38 PM
    Both of mine have names. The 16gb is Bumblebee and the 32gb with lte is Optimus Prime ) Some of my phones have had names too.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-15-18 04:10 PM
    Both of mine have names. The 16gb is Bumblebee and the 32gb with lte is Optimus Prime ) Some of my phones have had names too.
    Speaking of "Prime", you reminded me of this video you may like:
    04-16-18 09:38 AM
    What a Playbook????
    04-30-18 09:19 PM
    What a Playbook????
    Apparently some type of pet...

I have two, that aren't really used anymore. My kids called them the 10 commandments... as they were large slabs compared to most 7" Tablets of the day.
    05-01-18 07:18 AM
    Lol I got my brother a PlayBook for his birthday back in January as a gag gift. You can get them for around $50 on ebay. I found a brand new one for $60 in the box never opened.

I could not believe how awful a device it was when we powered it on. What the hell was BB thinking when they launched that piece of garbage out to the public? The software alone was laughably bad.

I know it improved over time, but I remember buying mine for $500 when it was released and returning after a couple of days because it was so awful. I really was shocked though at how bad it really was when we started messing around with the one I got for him.
    cribble2k likes this.
    05-02-18 05:01 AM
    Lol I got my brother a PlayBook for his birthday back in January as a gag gift. You can get them for around $50 on ebay. I found a brand new one for $60 in the box never opened.

I could not believe how awful a device it was when we powered it on. What the hell was BB thinking when they launched that piece of garbage out to the public? The software alone was laughably bad.

I know it improved over time, but I remember buying mine for $500 when it was released and returning after a couple of days because it was so awful. I really was shocked though at how bad it really was when we started messing around with the one I got for him.
    It was meant to be a companion device.... not a stand alone tablet. Yet they charged the same as what others were charging for a fully functional tablet. Yes the software did get better... after almost a year. But the "plan" was for it to get BB10 software and that would give users what they really wanted. But BB10 was delayed and delayed, and then it wouldn't run on the PlayBook.... so it never really reached it's potential.

I don't know if BB10 would have fixed some of the issues... the redraw rate for using the browser or large adobe files was terrible (think that was a hardware limitation).
    05-03-18 08:43 AM

I bought my playbook after the first major update and it was my favorite tablet of all time. The design was simple and effective and it was remarkably capable for its time. Too bad the app support wasn't there as it was a real gem.

Since then, I have owned a samsung tablet which can be best described as my worst purchase ever and the Apple mini which rises to the level of middling (clunky interface, surprisingly slow and less than acceptable battery life). I done with tablets given the unsatisfying experience and will try out the new surface pro from microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-18 04:50 AM
    I bought my playbook after the first major update and it was my favorite tablet of all time. The design was simple and effective and it was remarkably capable for its time. Too bad the app support wasn't there as it was a real gem.

Since then, I have owned a samsung tablet which can be best described as my worst purchase ever and the Apple mini which rises to the level of middling (clunky interface, surprisingly slow and less than acceptable battery life). I done with tablets given the unsatisfying experience and will try out the new surface pro from microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    I'd disagree. I never found it "capable" of much of anything. But I'm glad you found some use for it. The first update improved it, but it was still woefully awful.

Excluding the Storm, I consider it the worst BlackBerry product of all time.
    cribble2k likes this.
    05-04-18 04:54 AM
    I'd disagree. I never found it "capable" of much of anything. But I'm glad you found some use for it. The first update improved it, but it was still woefully awful.

Excluding the Storm, I consider it the worst BlackBerry product of all time.
    I guess that is where we disagree. The playbook actually worked quite well for me, the problem was of course app support which was weak. At the time I found the interface far more advanced and interesting than what was out there. As stated above, my Samsung tablet never worked properly from day one (poor Android implementation) and my apple mini is just slowwwwwwwww. Painful to compose an email on this thing assuming I can remember to charge it. The funny thing about Apple is that I feel compelled every 2-3 years to buy one of their products due to the hyper. I use it and being underwhelmed by the experience, I typically put it down after a few months and forget about it. It works for someone but certainly not me. The surface pro is next.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-18 05:11 AM
    I guess that is where we disagree. The playbook actually worked quite well for me, the problem was of course app support which was weak. At the time I found the interface far more advanced and interesting than what was out there. As stated above, my Samsung tablet never worked properly from day one (poor Android implementation) and my apple mini is just slowwwwwwwww. Painful to compose an email on this thing assuming I can remember to charge it. The funny thing about Apple is that I feel compelled every 2-3 years to buy one of their products due to the hyper. I use it and being underwhelmed by the experience, I typically put it down after a few months and forget about it. It works for someone but certainly not me. The surface pro is next.

Posted via CB10
    To each his own. I'm not sure which version of the iPad Mini you owned but it must have been an old version. They are anything but slow and the battery life of their tablets (outside of maybe the first versions) last for days. Which it is funny you mention battery life because it was absolutely dreadful on the Playbook, and by dreadful I mean laughably bad.
    05-04-18 05:15 AM
    I done with tablets given the unsatisfying experience and will try out the new surface pro from microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    A colleague has a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet; it is amazing and I am no Microsoft fan.
    05-05-18 09:20 PM
    A colleague has a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet; it is amazing and I am no Microsoft fan.
    Yup....That is my daily driver along with my KEYone. Love the tablet.
    05-06-18 06:01 PM
    I was thinking of a Surface Pro when my laptop dies. Could it be a laptop replacement and does it play well with BB Android?
    Many years ago I bought a PlayBook. I think I kept it 3 days and then bought an IPad, which I still have.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    05-06-18 10:41 PM
    My kid has three tablets - PlayBook 64 GB, iPad 4 with 3G and a Toshiba Windows 10 8" one.

She hates Toshiba, uses iPad for YT and few games only, and PB is for traveling She calls it DartBook
    05-07-18 02:51 AM
    My kid has three tablets - PlayBook 64 GB, iPad 4 with 3G and a Toshiba Windows 10 8" one.

She hates Toshiba, uses iPad for YT and few games only, and PB is for traveling She calls it DartBook
    Attached Thumbnails My friend nicknamed my PlayBook-80911.jpg  
    05-07-18 02:52 AM
    I was thinking of a Surface Pro when my laptop dies. Could it be a laptop replacement and does it play well with BB Android?
    Many years ago I bought a PlayBook. I think I kept it 3 days and then bought an IPad, which I still have.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    Buy the keyboard and mouse accessories to transform it into a notebook computer replacement.
    05-15-18 02:58 AM