Hi Everyone!! I just bought a BB curve (tmobile 8320) a few days ago and it's overwhelming trying to get everything to work. I have spent a lot of time here already - thank you all for the info!!

I do have one more problem I can't seem to straighten out. After reading all the info about gmail issues I decided to download gmail mobile. It seems to have worked BUT whenever I get an email it goes to my messages icon instead of the gmail icon (program) itself. what am I doing wrong?

IF I go into gmail and refresh it - it will call the messages up there (like when I send myself a test message from another address) but if I let it just auto. check it will go to messages....

I did go into messages and seperated the sms and email boxes - but my emails still go there...any advice would be appreciated.
    07-12-08 06:17 AM
    If you separated the boxes it should go to both boxes. Are you sure you aren't getting them in "BOTH" boxes?
    07-12-08 06:24 AM
    I am positive!!

Is it possible that it is going to my messages box way before my gmail box? So I delete it before it gets there?
    07-12-08 06:50 AM
    I am positive!!

Is it possible that it is going to my messages box way before my gmail box? So I delete it before it gets there?
    Try deleting the gmail program and install your gmail address through my personal email setup.
    07-12-08 06:52 AM
    Well, it is possible, but they enter at the same time. Go into your e-mail box on your device, menu> Reconcile Now.
    07-12-08 06:52 AM
    Also - shouldn't the emails be showing up automatically on gmail? It seems that I can only see them when I hit refresh?
    07-12-08 06:54 AM
    Try deleting the gmail program and install your gmail address through my personal email setup.
    This is how I had it - then I changed to gmail mobile - I guess I shouldn't have messed with something if it worked!!

How do I delete Gmail???
    Last edited by jmr11; 07-12-08 at 07:00 AM.
    07-12-08 06:55 AM
    This is how I had it - then I changed to gmail mobile - I guess I shouldn't have messed with something if it worked!!

How do I delete Gmail???
    I did the same thing because GMAIl had the cool icon. If you go to options>adv options>applications>highlight gmail mobile>hit menu>delete.
    07-12-08 07:03 AM
    I did the same thing because GMAIl had the cool icon. If you go to options>adv options>applications>highlight gmail mobile>hit menu>delete.
    ah I got it - thanks!!!
    Last edited by jmr11; 07-12-08 at 07:19 AM.
    07-12-08 07:15 AM
    Cool. I'm glad you got it figured out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD