Hey just got a blackberry curve 8320 titanium today and the sales representative lied to us and told me we HAVE to have a data plan with it. I didn't want a data plan because i don't use the internet or anything like that except texting and calling. I love the look of the phone and i wanted a phone thats a music player and video player thats all i was looking for. So i removed the data plan but now i would like to know if i need the plan to have music on the phone. I downloaded about 10 songs onto it from my comp and also downloaded a ringtone. Do i need a data plan for music?
    09-05-09 09:19 PM
    No, you don't need a data plan for music that you load from your computer. But most carriers are requiring you to have a data plan with a BB or any smartphone.
    09-05-09 09:24 PM
    you don't have to have a data plan to put music on it as long as you are doing that by connecting it to your computer and transferring the songs through the data cable. What you do need a data plan for is if you use the blackberry web browser, blackberry messenger, email, google maps, facebook, myspace, navigator, twitter, and a gang of other apps. As long as you stick with just text messages and phone calls, you will be fine. Just ensure you have the messenger plan.
    09-05-09 09:27 PM
    2007 called and it wants.. lol jk.
    09-06-09 03:50 AM
    Plinz, there's no point having a BB if all you're interested in is just calls n txt. BB was designed for data n using it for just voice n txt is a waste of hardware

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 05:36 AM
    No, you don't need a data plan for music that you load from your computer. But most carriers are requiring you to have a data plan with a BB or any smartphone.
    +1. 8320 has built in wifi you can browse the net over wifi connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 06:49 AM
    To my understanding, you're obligated to have a data plan on the 8320s and most smartphones. So how is it you removed the data plan? The TMO representative should've advise you of that.
    09-06-09 06:55 AM
    There are several carries which do require you to have a data plan. I'd check each one's guidelines. I know ATT requires it now.
    09-06-09 07:50 AM
    2007 called and it wants.. lol jk.
    That's HILARIOUS!

I was taking a hit on my ice tea while reading your post and I almost choked.
    09-08-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD