hi all this is my first post and also my first blackberry, i have just managed to have my e-mails sent to the bb, which has created a new icon on the screen, but when i get e-mails the messages icon and my e-mail both show the same e-mail is this normal,

many thanks jason
    06-18-09 06:06 AM
    Yes it is the all in one message folder where all emails will go to no matter how many accounts you create. You can have your sms/mms go in a different folder to keep them separate from your emails. Good luck to you on your new BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 06:15 AM
    Welcome to crackberry! That Messages folder that is a catch all some people hide it and just see the notification in their respective email folder. Check out the 101 lecture series linked in my signature. It will get you kick started on your bb journey for sure. Good luck...
    06-18-09 06:18 AM
    Yes it is the all in one message folder where all emails will go to no matter how many accounts you create. You can have your sms/mms go in a different folder to keep them separate from your emails. Good luck to you on your new BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks for the reply just trying to find my way around it at the moment, so if i had 3 e-mail accounts would i have 3 icons on the screen,
    06-18-09 06:20 AM
    so if i had 3 e-mail accounts would i have 3 icons on the screen,
    Yes three icons for the three email accounts and then you would still have the general MESSAGES folder as well. Which is why some people hide it that don't care for clutter...
    06-18-09 06:40 AM
    I have two and each has an icon< but they set it up at the store for me!
    06-18-09 06:40 AM
    so i can hide the messages icon ok then
    06-18-09 06:41 AM
    so i can hide the messages icon ok then
    Yep to hide it just hover over it and select menu>hide. You can still see the icon unless you hit menu>uncheck show all then it will vanish. If you ever want to bring it back just hit menu>show all and it and the other icons you hide will reappear. Hope this helps...
    06-18-09 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD