Tonight by Facebook news feed has been full to the brim of iOS users wetting themselves like excited dogs that they updated their status using siri....

So this made me realise 2 things, firstly that vlingo has allowed me to do this for years from a BlackBerry, but I choose not to. Secondly, people are going to start speaking into their phones again to communicate with each other...using Facebook and Twitter... Hmmm
    hpjrt and shemaree09 like this.
    09-19-12 07:06 PM
    Did they also update their status telling you abt their WiFi problems? lol
    anon(2757538) and hpjrt like this.
    09-19-12 07:07 PM
    LOL that's how my facebook is too

Sent from my Beloved BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-19-12 07:08 PM
    None of those but I have spotted three where their update had clocked in at Six hours and still counting...
    09-19-12 07:10 PM
    LOL that's how my facebook is too

Sent from my Beloved BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    I'm sure if I posted, - "I updated my status talking to my BlackBerry" I would see a raft of responses calling me a liar, or stating its not possible. As this is all brand new technology....
    09-19-12 07:19 PM
    is that the new update abotu the iPhone5? they have wifi problems?
    09-19-12 07:23 PM
    My twitter feed is just full of people complaining that the updates screwed with their phones...is it cruel that i quietly chuckled to myself at their despair
    09-19-12 08:11 PM
    My helpdesk guy ran into this and it took him a while to fix. Feel sorry for the folks that aren't tech-savvy.

I'm running into a problem trying to do a restore and upgrade on a 4. By the time it finished downloading the update, it had come out of restore mode and was asking for the passcode again. Trying again now...
    09-19-12 08:15 PM
    My helpdesk guy ran into this and it took him a while to fix. Feel sorry for the folks that aren't tech-savvy.

I'm running into a problem trying to do a restore and upgrade on a 4. By the time it finished downloading the update, it had come out of restore mode and was asking for the passcode again. Trying again now...

And everyone who I know with an iPhone or an iPad loves to tell me "it just works" and that I should "bin my BlackBerry" - no thanks. In a few weeks users will deny this ever happened.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    09-20-12 01:03 AM
    In a few weeks users will deny this ever happened.
    Most people have some form of selective memory failure. I still remember my Storm with affection despite it being slow and a battery draining SOB

Si.
    09-20-12 03:54 AM
    Tonight by Facebook news feed has been full to the brim of iOS users wetting themselves like excited dogs that they updated their status using siri....

So this made me realise 2 things, firstly that vlingo has allowed me to do this for years from a BlackBerry, but I choose not to. Secondly, people are going to start speaking into their phones again to communicate with each other...using Facebook and Twitter... Hmmm
    vLingo has also been available on iOS for years too. As anybody who has used both will tell you, Siri is significantly better at voice recognition.
    09-20-12 04:15 AM
    vLingo has also been available on iOS for years too. As anybody who has used both will tell you, Siri is significantly better at voice recognition.
    And you basis for this conclusion is what exactly? considering they both use Nuance at the back-end to recognise voice in the first place...
    09-20-12 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD