...unless I can demonstrate remote wiping ability without our BESx. It has been decided that our BESx will die with the box it sits on (which wont take long). So is there anyway that doesnt require an app that can be uninstalled.

I am the admin for our company and I have done a bit of research and havent found anythng.

Help, I dont want to back to an iPhone or Android. Been there, done that, no thanks.
    11-30-11 10:44 PM
    Type in password ten times wrong.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-30-11 11:03 PM
    And what ensures my employer that I'm using PW lock, Mr. Moderator?
    11-30-11 11:25 PM
    BB Protect, or another app of some sort...
    11-30-11 11:48 PM
    If the password lock is set up in your BESx, only the admin could uninstall it, right?
    11-30-11 11:54 PM
    Remember, this is in a post-BESx world. And BB Protect is controlled by the user, not the company.

Sounds like I'm out of luck. :/
    12-01-11 12:33 AM
    Remember, this is in a post-BESx world. And BB Protect is controlled by the user, not the company.

Sounds like I'm out of luck. :/
    You're not, check this out:

Blackberry Management Centre

http://us.blackberry.com/business/software/bbmc/
    gkl likes this.
    12-01-11 01:38 AM
    Yea, my previous employer used this. It works like a charm when I lost my old phone. Try it and stick it up your employer :P. Ok, that's cruel.

DISCLAIMER:
    If you followed the 'stick it up your employer', I'm not responsible for it..... In fact, it was a joke and I advise if you don't do such a thing......
    12-01-11 04:37 AM
    Why are they removing BES Express? It's free, and you could easily just install it on a virtual machine, if not the actual Exchange Server itself. Sounds to me they just want to get rid of BlackBerry.
    12-01-11 12:04 PM
    Remote wipe on any device would require some sort of application installed on or built into the OS and then a way in which to trigger it to occur from another device or computer. Correct?

BlackBerry Protect should do this. I believe there are other applications for this on BB as well. Would this be sufficient for your emails lower?
    12-01-11 12:27 PM
    I have Smrtguard on a lifetime license. It predates BlackBerry Protect but both SmrtGuard and BlackBerry Protect are apps than can be deleted by the user. I guess my real questions is, "What is your company replacing BESx with that controls Apple and Android that is more secure, and can it really wipe those devices remotely without using an app that can be deleted by the end user?"
    12-01-11 02:32 PM
    I guess my real questions is, "What is your company replacing BESx with that controls Apple and Android that is more secure, and can it really wipe those devices remotely without using an app that can be deleted by the end user?"
    Same Thing I was thinking
    12-01-11 11:20 PM
    Exchange WebMail...

howarmat likes this.
    12-02-11 12:06 AM
    yep i have the same control, never used it though lol
    12-02-11 09:36 AM
    The company is removing BESx only because we are going to a VM environment and will not reserve an OS just for the BESx. I know that it can run on the exchange server, but we may (just barely) be over the number of users that RIM recommends for keeping it on the same box as exchange considering we have had issues.

The Management Center looks like an awesome option, but the boss is now saying he also has to be able to enforce password lock. I have not been able to find that functionality so far. I see that the admin can lock the device and change the password, but not require the user to normally use a password.

I guess I get his point , which is: If someone loses their device and doesn't report it for a while, that allows the finder/theif some time with the unprotected device.

I'm not giving up just yet The battle continues...
    12-02-11 11:32 AM
    I have Smrtguard on a lifetime license. It predates BlackBerry Protect but both SmrtGuard and BlackBerry Protect are apps than can be deleted by the user. I guess my real questions is, "What is your company replacing BESx with that controls Apple and Android that is more secure, and can it really wipe those devices remotely without using an app that can be deleted by the end user?"
    The native wipe ability in Exchange for ActiveSync capable devices.
    12-02-11 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD