So.....I am at work and helping a customer with her media manager on the desktop manager. Well I have my computer with me today and I bring up desktop manager just to go through some steps and I also wanted to move some new pictures from my curve to my computer.....welll next thing I know I have completely wiped out my whole memory card......yes it is blank....all my ringtones and pictures and videos from a recent concert gone........I could do nothing but sit there and stare at my curve for about a minute while the realization sunk in that i just erased all of that stuff...........thank God for the internet.
    06-25-09 03:08 PM
    Oh nooooo. And most people never think to backup anything until they get hit. So sorry...
    06-25-09 03:21 PM
    If you don't try to do anything else on the memory card, you might be able to recover your lost files on the card. Use a file recovery utility program.

Even if you "erased" them, the files are still "there", it's just the FAT (file allocation table), the directory if you will, that has been changed so that you can't see the files. Once you start to write or move files around on your card, your chances of recovering the files get lower as things will get overwritten.
    06-25-09 03:23 PM
    This thread does have some program recommendations in the last post for picture file recovery:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/rec...ictures-89607/
    06-25-09 03:28 PM
    Thanks for the information......I am just glad that I actually moved pictures of my nephew to my computer.....now comes the time to explain to my boyfriend that i deleted his pictures.....wonder if cookies would work to break the news lol.
    06-25-09 04:00 PM
    Oh nooooo. And most people never think to backup anything until they get hit. So sorry...
    I did back up most of my pictures.....just not my ringtones.
    06-25-09 04:02 PM
    Can't say enough about the need for backup. I have two internal drives mirrored, and external drive, mirrored, and carbonite online backup service. Got burned really bad about 10 years ago losing thousands of photos and songs, and I'll never be caught without backup again.
    06-25-09 04:28 PM
    I look at it this way.....it is not anything that i could not get back.....now i religously do a backup of my device at least once a month as well as a regular sync so I won't loose my contacts.
    06-25-09 07:08 PM
    Regular backup would not have made any difference as the DM does not backup media card content. I doubt many do regular backups of their media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 07:14 PM
    Regular backup would not have made any difference as the DM does not backup media card content. I doubt many do regular backups of their media card.

that's why I always move pics and videos to my pc every couple of days.
    06-25-09 07:22 PM
    that's why I always move pics and videos to my pc every couple of days.
    same, i've been to cheap to buy a bigger card, so every couple days i move the pics i took to my pc, and delete them off the phone.
    06-25-09 07:25 PM
    Ouch ... I feel your pain .. i almost regularly lose pics yet i never learn my lesson .. i'm just too lazy to do a backup .. who wants to sit down and mirror their files?
    06-25-09 08:28 PM
    Gota back up that memory card.
    06-25-09 09:35 PM
    I got this one last week. Awesome stuff! Really cool.
    06-25-09 10:13 PM
    Gota back up that memory card.
    Whats the easiest way to do that?
    06-26-09 06:14 AM
    To be honest I never really thought about backing up the memory card every week or heck even every month. I did move most of the pics over to my computer a few months back.....to bad I didn't do that with my ringtones.
    06-26-09 10:11 AM
    I feel ya, I hate stupid moments like that.
    06-26-09 10:34 AM
    I think I'd have cried if that were me. Thank you. I will do a backup today.

06-26-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD