This is what my dream new BlackBerry would look like. It would be 80 mm wide and 137mm tall (approximate). So it would be 10 mm narrower to make it a bit more comfortable to hold. A bit taller to compensate for a bigger 5.0" screen at a 4:3 aspect ratio. The reading experience in landscape mode with the capacitive keyboard would be awesome.

My design suggestions:

KEEP: battery life, dual speakers, great display, OTG drivers, SlimPort support.

IMPROVE: both cameras.

CHANGE: power button to the left side, usb-c charging port.

ADD: NFC payment method, QuickCharging/FastCharging.

Most importantly, the device must run BB10 OS, but the following improvements need to be made:

1. Integration with Android Apps depending on maps and location services.
    2. Integration with streaming Android Apps.
    3. Integration with banking Android Apps.
    4. Native social media Apps or working current Android counterparts.

What's missing? Would you buy this device? How much would you be willing to pay?
    My Dream NEW Passport-like BlackBerry-newpassportlikebb.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JPD404; 05-17-17 at 03:15 PM.
    05-17-17 09:49 AM
    This is what my dream new BlackBerry would look like. It would be 80 mm wide and 137mm tall (approximate). So it would be 10 mm narrower to make it a bit more comfortable to hold. A bit taller to compensate for a bigger 5.0" screen at a 4:3 aspect ratio. The reading experience in landscape mode with the capacitive keyboard would be awesome.

My design suggestions:

KEEP: battery life, dual speakers, great display, OTG drivers, SlimPort support.

ADD: *NFC payment method, QuickCharging/FastCharging.

Most importantly, the device must run BB10 OS, but the following improvements need to be made:

What's missing? Would you buy this device? How much would be willing to pay?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewPassportLikeBB.png 
Views:	1884 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	423368

Posted via CB10
    You lost me at "Most importantly, the device must run BB10 OS"
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-17-17 10:11 AM
    Although nice and do able design....
    05-17-17 10:12 AM
    You lost me at "Most importantly, the device must run BB10 OS"
    LOL! I loved BB10 but agree that it's time to move on. I would be all over this Passport concept if it ever came to life. Nice job on the diagram!
    05-17-17 10:26 AM
    This type of aspect ratio would not be optimized for Android, but it would work just fine on BB10. With the KEYone they were able to get to a 3:2 ratio, much closer to Android most common 16:9 ratio, like the Priv or the DTEK's.

I think if the limitations of BB10 were well managed it would have enough users to keep it running. I've never been able to leave my Passport because of all the advantages it gives me over Android.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 10:36 AM

My design suggestions:

ADD: *NFC payment method, QuickCharging/FastCharging.

What's missing? Would you buy this device? How much would be willing to pay?

Posted via CB10
    Could you also design a prototype Android or IOS phone needed to carry as second device since BB10 at it's peak optimization back then doesn't run as well as Android 7.1 does now? BB10 was great but it's stuck on ART 4.3. We're in 2017, it's time for moving forward. My 9900 was really awesome once too. My 950 impressed my staff back in the day. It's almost 20 years later. If you get a KEYone, you can get the app "Let Go", I think it's called and get rid of the old stuff to pay for the KEYone. If John Chen and BlackBerry is able to let go of BB10, so can you...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-17-17 10:55 AM
    That device looks great! And if it came with BBOS 10 and the specs you offered, I would gobble up like 3 of them immediately. The only problem is the Passport was inspired by the actual size of a Canadian passport, so your design would be confusing if they called it the Passport or the Passport 2. Maybe a fresh name for it? How about "Business Class", signifying travel and style? I'm open to better suggestions, lol. Either way, nice design! I wish it wasn't a pipe dream to get another BBOS device made by BlackBerry Limited, but it seems far fetched at best. Keep dreaming though!
    05-17-17 12:55 PM
    It has to be a fresh name, of course.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 12:58 PM

What's missing?
    Android OS?
    05-18-17 12:24 AM
    Keep the original Passport Dimensions.
    Loose the 3-row Passport Keyboard, giving more screen real-estate.
    Put the Priv /KEYone keyboard or hybrid in instead - as a slider.

Heck ....dual boot option....bb10 or Android, with QNX encrypted stub, retaining secureness
    there's a resource way of minimizing that I think.
    OR
    1) Android in a sandbox and shut-down most of bb10 while android is running and vice versa
    2)With the option of wholey shutting down either OS , if switching isn't necessary....
    3) This makes the phone even more secure with a fallback OS in case the other gets flakey,
    by a software glitch or attack. Hmmm something like that recent windows ransomware.

How does that last one grab you, BlackBerry, military, gov't, corporate, security types?
    05-18-17 01:28 AM
    So the keyone?
    05-18-17 07:19 AM
    I like the dimensions - very practical. In my next phone I don't want unnecessary things like iris or fingerprint scanners.
    05-18-17 07:38 AM
    The BlackBerry Transport?
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    05-18-17 07:42 AM
    The intention of this device is to keep rolling the BB10 legacy and please all those who love this platform. Also to cover the gap that Android and other platforms leave, the multi-tasking experience, the safe browsing, the stability, etc.

Running BB10 it would be a more suitable device for government and people concerned about their security or focused on productivity.

As for Android we just got the KEYone, which seems to be fantastic the device. I'll ne getting it as soon as it is available. With that I think covered for 2017.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 08:21 AM
    I would definitely buy it but would need BB10 to be updated and supported. I would prefer no ties to android at all and focus on web. I don't run apps on my PC to do my banking and would like to have that same experience on my phone. An evolution of Blend as well that basically replaces outlook completely would be awesome. Make ART an optional download in the app store or get the hyper-visor working for those who need Android and apps.
    05-18-17 09:05 AM
    Go Wide! With the slide! Passport dimensions with Slider Keyboard.
    ShalokShalom likes this.
    05-18-17 09:23 AM
    All the passport needs is an updated ART.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    05-18-17 12:44 PM
    Unlike some of these people here, I LOVE the idea that it's running OS 10. Just needs a 4th row of keys, and an optional 152mm version alongside the version with 127mm of screen estate. Yes, I like my phones large!
    05-18-17 09:30 PM
    The BlackBerry Transport?
    Love this name!
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    05-18-17 10:22 PM
    This is what my dream new BlackBerry would look like. It would be 80 mm wide and 137mm tall (approximate). So it would be 10 mm narrower to make it a bit more comfortable to hold. A bit taller to compensate for a bigger 5.0" screen at a 4:3 aspect ratio.

This looks absolutely awesome.

I have another idea: Lets resemble the look and feel of BlackBerry 10 on Android.

It looks like as this can fit into my concept: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-dev-1132941/

I hope its ok that I use your drawings
    Last edited by ShalokShalom; 12-16-17 at 04:05 AM.
    12-14-17 02:09 PM
    The only problem is the Passport was inspired by the actual size of a Canadian passport, so your design would be confusing if they called it the Passport or the Passport 2. Maybe a fresh name for it?
    Well, I am quite sure there is a passport type somewhere, which fits this size.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    12-14-17 02:35 PM
    Can we add a little better battery life?
    02-10-18 05:10 AM
    OS 10 is awesome and great battery life but without google services , running it was useless only 30 percent of the apps I sideloaded worked properly. I loved my SE passport and if it ran google services so I could use my smart home apps, I wouln’t need or want more. Blackberry were fools to treat developers like crap and concerned too much on security. Look how security is used now, we got apps for that.
    03-02-18 11:28 PM