So yesterday, the dog got my phone and i didnt realize. I had never backed up my BB onto my computer because im an *****. Now i have no contacts or anything and i cant even use the buttons on my phone because it is so damaged. Does anyone know how, if at all, i can back up everything on my phone using my Mac, and not my BB? as i said before...i cant even use the buttons on my phone let alone read the screen.
    08-29-11 12:45 PM
    If you have desktop manager on your mac, you should be able to back it up as long as the phone is on. Just plug it in using the cable and start the desktop software, backing it up doesn't require you to press anything on the phone itself.
    08-29-11 01:49 PM
    Oh the irony...in today's world its no longer a dog ate my homework.

It's alway my dog ate my (insert $200+ device here)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 02:42 PM
    HAHAHAHAHA thats funny. I have a doberman that is a kleptomaniac but she never chews the **** out of stuff. She'll just sit there protecting her find weather it be socks, underwear or $200 electronic equipment. You should be able to connect your phone to your computer and run Desktop Manager to back up your device. As long as your micro USB port isnt too damaged! Good Luck!
    08-29-11 04:59 PM
    o
    m
    g
    his name...
    HAHAHAHAHAHahahsxuaecvaducbsc

pwhahahaa

im sorry.i find it hilarious.
    08-29-11 05:09 PM
    So did you wait for your dog to **** than start using it again? Lol

08-29-11 06:38 PM
    your dog has good taste.blackberries are just that juicy.
    jonathon.94 likes this.
    08-29-11 06:59 PM
    I didn't know that po op was a bad word lol

08-29-11 07:10 PM
    So yesterday, the dog got my phone and i didnt realize. I had never backed up my BB onto my computer because im an *****. Now i have no contacts or anything and i cant even use the buttons on my phone because it is so damaged. Does anyone know how, if at all, i can back up everything on my phone using my Mac, and not my BB? as i said before...i cant even use the buttons on my phone let alone read the screen.
    Only one thing left to do. Ask it if it enjoyed it's last meal.
    08-29-11 07:32 PM
    Luckily it wasn't plugged in LOL may have shocked him.
    08-29-11 10:03 PM
    I feel your pain buddy., Whilst it hasn't happened to me (although one of my old Cocker Spaniels did eat my hands-free kit for an old Nokia!), it HAS happened to my Wife

In her defence, she'd left it on top of the kitchen worktop (on top of the bread bin) - my dog, a rather large black Labrador, jumped up onto the worktop, and proceeded to chew his way through her brand new Samsung flip phone......

Needless to say, not covered by insurance back then!

So it's not necessarily where the owner leaves it

Here's the offender....

Swine animal

Dan
    suself likes this.
    08-30-11 12:48 AM
    The dog voided the warranty. I feel bad for you. If you can, back it all up using desktop manager, then see if you can bring it to the repair shop in your area to get a replacement screen and housing, IF everything still works fine. Or just get a renewal from your term, or pay full price for a new blackberry.

08-30-11 02:59 AM
    Apparantly it is quite easy to change the housing on the phone, and they are quite cheap on ebay check it out!

Ashley
    09-01-11 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD