I was just wondering why my Curve doesn't auto correct. It doesn't put apostrophies in words like doesnt, wants, and cant. It doesn't capitalize I, and it doesn't respell words that are spelt wrong, or at least underline them. The Curve and Tour in the VZW store do, and mine used to, but for some reason it stopped a while ago. Anyone know why? By the way, I added all the apostrophies to words that needed it and capitalized my self in thsi post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 04:46 PM
    AutoText is responsible for those features. There is no disable setting.

Are you using a BlackBerry native program like Browser, Email or Messenger?

If your using third party software, it may not have the correct API calls for AutoText.
    07-18-09 05:06 PM
    Yeah, it doesn't do it anything. Not SMS, not email, not BBM. Nothing. I really don't know why.

07-18-09 06:25 PM
    hmmm mine works just fine.
    07-18-09 06:30 PM
    Idk why. Ive looked everywhere! Idk what to do.

07-18-09 07:07 PM
    I figured it out. All my AutoText in "Options" is in French! I tested it, and I made a new one and did "Replace dont with don't" and now it works! But only for that word. How do I make my AutoText defaults English instead of French?

07-18-09 07:13 PM
    I figured it out. All my AutoText in "Options" is in French! I tested it, and I made a new one and did "Replace dont with don't" and now it works! But only for that word. How do I make my AutoText defaults English instead of French?

The language of the Blackberry itself just has to be set to English. Options>Language
    07-18-09 07:16 PM
    I Love You

07-18-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD