I am having a problem syncing my BlackBerry to my MacBook laptop via Missing Sync and Pocketmac. I am also unable to sync my BlackBerry to my Dell laptop via Desktop Manager. All three applications (Missing Sync, Pocketmac and Desktop Manager) and both computers (MacBook laptop and Dell laptop) are not recognizing my BlackBerry when I plug it in.

Furthermore, my BlackBerry is not showing up in my when I search for it as being plugged into my USB ports in my MacBook laptop or my USB ports in my Dell laptop. The problem is not with the USB ports, as I have tested them, nor is the problem with my USB cable, as I have tested that as well. I have no idea why neither laptop will recognize my BlackBerry.

FYI, I have a BlackBerry 8330 through Verizon running OS v4.3.0127. The version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager I downloaded was v4.5. I am using BIS. I do not have a media card installed.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
    08-14-08 03:40 PM
    I am having a problem syncing my BlackBerry to my MacBook laptop via Missing Sync and Pocketmac. I am also unable to sync my BlackBerry to my Dell laptop via Desktop Manager. All three applications (Missing Sync, Pocketmac and Desktop Manager) and both computers (MacBook laptop and Dell laptop) are not recognizing my BlackBerry when I plug it in.
    Not sure about this

Furthermore, my BlackBerry is not showing up in my when I search for it as being plugged into my USB ports in my MacBook laptop or my USB ports in my Dell laptop. The problem is not with the USB ports, as I have tested them, nor is the problem with my USB cable, as I have tested that as well. I have no idea why neither laptop will recognize my BlackBerry.

FYI, I have a BlackBerry 8330 through Verizon running OS v4.3.0127. The version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager I downloaded was v4.5. I am using BIS. I do not have a media card installed.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
    Your BB will not show up as a removeable drive without the card. Windows doesn't see the BB memory. Also, you need to set Mass Storage Mode to on

Options > Media Card > Mass Storage Support > On > Save.

I don't think the DM version is an issue, since I downloaded and installed 4.5 and could sync my BB using OS 4.2.184 and OS 4.5 before I got a card.
    08-14-08 03:51 PM
    I do not have a media card installed in my BlackBerry.

1. Just to clarify: are you saying that my laptops will not recognize my BlackBerry unless a media card is installed?

2. Is this the case with both my MacBook laptop and my Dell laptop?

3. Is this only the case with newer BlackBerries (i.e. the Curve)? I never had problems with my laptops recognizing my old BlackBerry, which was an 8703e.

I appreciate your help!
    08-14-08 04:25 PM
    1. No. I can't thhink of a reason why your laptops aren't seeing your BB. The lack of a media card doesn't matter.

2. Don't know about macs, but your Dell. Should work just as the PC's I connect to do.

3. Again, no reason I know that at least the Dell Isn' connecting. I'm using a Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 06:13 PM

I do not have a media card installed in my BlackBerry.

1. Just to clarify: are you saying that my laptops will not recognize my BlackBerry unless a media card is installed?

2. Is this the case with both my MacBook laptop and my Dell laptop?

3. Is this only the case with newer BlackBerries (i.e. the Curve)? I never had problems with my laptops recognizing my old BlackBerry, which was an 8703e.

I appreciate your help!
    No, it's not necessary to have a media card installed in order for desktop manager to recognize your BlackBerry. I think wnm misunderstood your question. I'm not familiar with the Mac, or the Mac Sync applications, so I can't help with those at all. As for the Dell laptop, what sometimes happens if you plug the BlackBerry into the computer before you install the Desktop Manager software, that Windows XP will load its generic USB driver. Windows Vista is supposed to have a BlackBerry driver, although I don't have it to test.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Manager should solve the problem on the Dell.

Here is a possibly helpful thread for your Mac Problem: http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-...mac-error.html
    Daisy1960 likes this.
    08-14-08 06:14 PM
    Good point. I forgot that I did the same thing. Plugged the BB in as soon as I got it to charge and windows came up with new hardware found, etc. After installing DM everything was fine.
    08-14-08 06:40 PM
    Not sure about this

Your BB will not show up as a removeable drive without the card. Windows doesn't see the BB memory. Also, you need to set Mass Storage Mode to on

Options > Media Card > Mass Storage Support > On > Save.

I don't think the DM version is an issue, since I downloaded and installed 4.5 and could sync my BB using OS 4.2.184 and OS 4.5 before I got a card.
    Thanks a lot WNM !! I have a BBerry Tour 9630 and was able to locate my settings thanks to your response. On the 9630 it is:

Tools > Memory > Mass Storage Mode Support (On)
    also
    Tools > Memory > Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected (Yes)

Using the file method of transferring is a lot easier than all the crummy tools available on BBerry Desktop.

Thanks again. This mystery is solved!!
    12-31-10 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD