Could you kindly explain or cite a source?

Posted via CB10
    The twenty somethings hanging out at the local mall with their glittered up iphones.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 10:47 PM
    Put it to bed why don't we. Enjoy it for the interest and dialog it created . Some cat went too far with posting the company policy by adding his spin. The company took it down and that's it. His opinion, not unlike a post I read here about how the salesperson at a store was informing customers that BlackBerry was dead or done or finished is in the same vein.

This is just another story I thought we'd like to know about. Good night!

And yes...Go BB!

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-11-14 10:48 PM
    Put it to bed why don't we. Enjoy it for the interest and dialog it created . Some cat went too far with posting the company policy by adding his spin. The company took it down and that's it. His opinion, not unlike a post I read here about how the salesperson at a store was informing customers that BlackBerry was dead or done or finished is in the same vein.

This is just another story I thought we'd like to know about. Good night!

And yes...Go BB!
    LoL!!!!
    Okey Dokey!
    Bye-Bye!
    richardat likes this.
    03-11-14 10:52 PM
    This kind of stuff really needs to be stopped in it's tracks............................................ ...
    richardat likes this.
    03-11-14 10:53 PM
    BlackBerry has collapsed?

I didn't get the memo.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 10:55 PM
    Oddly enough we have 65000 devices deployed globally, we are switching to BlackBerry 10 gradually phasing out BBOS, we aren't going ANYWHERE Goodluck to your company.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and wincyUt like this.
    03-11-14 10:55 PM
    You truly believe that's due to bribing on the part of BlackBerry's competitors? Wow.

How about because BlackBerry's advertising has ground to a halt?
    Rofl!!!!! You know what would have been much, cheaper, safer, and guaranteed to work, compared to bribing politicians, governments, carriers, retail, other corporations, the mainstream and tech media, and hoping every single one of the millions involved -who could become instantly famous as a whistle blower??

Buying all of bb lock stock and barrel with the money Tim cook loses into his couch each week....
    xandermac likes this.
    03-11-14 11:21 PM
    LoL!!!!
    Okey Dokey!
    Bye-Bye!
    Whoaaaa. The rare anonymous internet complete call-out and "ownage". Lol. Q
    03-11-14 11:26 PM
    Genghis2k3, no ignorance at all. It's a lead line that astonished a ton of loyal BB users and people who, around here, still use and love BB OS's.

The perspective intended was to show how ignorant a person, the article witer, was to phrase his leading paragraph concerning the company's desicion to move in a new direction with mobile phones, and take a cheap swipe at another company. This lead lasted all of 1 hour before the article was re-written with no jabs taken.

Pardon my sensationalism, if it offended, but I'm a loyal BB user and have been for years. Dramatic post lines are norm here and I still see nothing wrong with my title nor the moderator's spin.

Enjoy the read. Get incensed about the comment, don't shoot the messenger!

Take a breath!

Go BB!
    And sensationalism aside, who wants to spend time reading a boring title? The purpose of sharing a thread is you want it to be read. I certainly didn't want to steal your thunder, but as you could see, the 'Official' tagline was meeting with some resistance right out of the chute, so a change was made, and still keep the message in context.
    03-12-14 01:20 AM
    Find a new job, your company is run by idiots.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-12-14 06:01 AM
    At least this is the word from an internal memo at our company. See below!

"Blackberry is close to collapse, the Android operating system is now leading the market, and the iPhone remains the leader on Enterprise market. Microsoft bought Nokia, Google bought Motorola and is now selling it to Lenovo, and Samsung just released its own operating system: Tizen. Change is afoot for "our company's" mobile phone environment too!"

See, it's this kinda mentality and blatant ignorance that is shooting holes in the ship that is Blackberry. Our company has migrated from BB's to iPhones over the last two years. We just merged with a company that was exclusively BB (25,000 BB's globally) and now, since BB is "close to collapse", everyone is getting an iPhone or an Android device.

Add to that the general hysteria now created in the minds of over 65,000 employees, who will spread this garbage to 10 friends and family members, who will in turn share with 5 people, who will in turn spread this to..."oh, you get the picture!" That is public perception spread around the world that further damages the reputation and brand of BB. When it's all said and done, that could amount to over 1 million people who will take this as truth when it's anything but!

No one can fault a company for switching from one tried and true product to the latest, greatest and popular choices, but c'mon, let's not lie about it. Get the facts straight!

Go BB!
    Contact BlackBerry. Or send me a PM and I will pass on some information to BlackBerry's reps. 25000 BB10 devices would be excellent for them.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-12-14 06:20 AM
    Dunno you could argue slander/libel. After all, BBRY actually is close to collapse. It's not a certainty, but realistically, they are close.
    Even that is debatable.
    03-12-14 07:59 AM
    Even that is debatable.
    Perhaps, but if BBRY decided to take the advice of another commenter and sue this company for "slander" (actually libel), and the defendant notes that the assertion is "debatable", then BBRY would lose. Why? As a public figure (in the U.S. at least) BBRY would have to prove malice to prove its case. Raising a "debatable" point would not support a malice finding.

If we look outside of court, being "debatable" doesn't help either. As an example, let's say a company memo at Defamers, Inc. says a G.M. vehicle is unsafe. Reached for comment, G.M. comes back with "Well, it's debatable" as its response. That doesn't sound like a company that's been wronged.
    03-12-14 08:30 AM
    I would actually say DenverRalphy that in terms of mobile phones (which is/WAS BB) they already collapsed. That's a done deal. The finances and marketshare have clearly reflected this for....months, if not years, but now, even the illusion for those who don't know anything about the company, is gone: A majority of employees fired, no more competitive products, no widespread carrier/developer/retail support, CEO gone in disgrace, borrowing money to continue, the sell-off of assets, the BB we knew IS gone. I know people deny it here...and wax on about the super flagships they expect, the sudden marketshare blitzes they forsee, and seem to genuinely ponder why BB isn't doing this but...well that's really off in la la land. I can understand why a super fan who has never read anything off CB forums/media/reports, might wonder such a thing ie. WHY isn't BB releasing superphones? Why didn't they push the z30?? But I can't fathom how people who know, or at least have been told, the real situation about BB, watched the events of the last year, can just carry on like nothing happened...but they do :-o....and I predicted they would but still...to see it, is strange. Meanwhile even some of the most ardent fans of a year ago, have had to take at least some degree of reality check - amazingly - some of them are now the moderates/negative nellies! LOL

I agree with you, and always have, that there is a chance the company can go on in name, and carve out niches in other spaces (though this isn't for certain either), and perhaps maintain some very limited presence in phones, but in the terms the memo is talking about ie. iphone, samsung, nokia, MS....BB is already gone. In that sense, any derision I would have towards the writer would be the opposite, as in: oh really Einstein?

And yes...as a corporation.....you would be...insane not to realize this, and be planning around it. The real key now is: can Chen find some way to defend what remains of their business space? This won't be easy, but it is, one of the best options. My real question for him would be: what exactly do you think you can defend, and how big a company do you envision it sustaining?
    Mobile phone has collapsed? The last time I checked, there are companies and regulated industries gradually upgrading to the BB10 phones; yes maybe in trickles but all the same, the movement has started. Plus I am still rocking my Z30 & Z10 and there are other people who are doing likewise. I hope you understand that loss of market share does not necessarily equate "absolute collapse", right?
    If BB is already gone as you postulate or theorise, then all the intertwined businesses would either have shut down by now or realigning to other avenues or at the least, be in the process of winding down; for instance you would have seen CB realigning or restructuring if your assumptions or postulate was correct.
    We all know that BB has been going through rough times but don't be to quick to be dismissive. Z3 is coming out this April and Q20 is scheduled to follow there after, so unless you alone knows something that know one else knows then BlackBerry has not gone anywhere and is still working hard to right the ship.
    03-12-14 08:34 AM
    Just curious what company is it. I seen numerous post like this mostly to create a Stir. - Just like I seen overoptimistic posts about x-company deplaying x-1000s of BB units. All the while remains anonymous.
    03-12-14 08:41 AM
    I would fire you for releasing an internal memo. Your obsession for BlackBerry is more important than your job. You can't be trusted.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? It's one thing to release an internal memo that has the company name, or details which make the company identifiable. My company, for example, does have prohibitions for making statements that could be taken as company policy, or stating opinions as an employee. But so long as there's no means to make that connection, they don't, and can't, care. Now, if this employer was the NSA, that might not hold, but for entirely different reasons.

That said, I know of a number of companies, mine included, which are run by people who, rather than looking at the facts, allow external factors...the appeal for Apple or Android devices, the difficulties BlackBerry has had (self-inflicted and otherwise) and just general prejudice to deprecate BlackBerry and BES in favour of inferior (and risk-inducing) products like Good.

I keep saying that what BlackBerry needs is a massive security breach of a major company, due to the use of either Apple and/or Android BYOD. I've often said that if you want to win an argument, your best chance to do so is if it's about money, and cleaning up a multi-million dollar breach will make a lot of companies sit up and listen to BlackBerry, but with complacency comes ignorance.
    03-12-14 08:45 AM
    Have you contacted BlackBerry's legal department? That could be slander.
    Unfortunately, ignorance on its own is not a crime!
    03-12-14 09:21 AM
    Unfortunately, ignorance on its own is not a crime!
    In that case, I am absolutely 100% not guilty.

Oh, wait.......
    03-12-14 09:35 AM
    Until BlackBerry can control expenses and turn a profitable quarter, people will continue to believe it is dead, and rightfully so. If BB can turn one profitable quarter, then they are off to the races. That is what everyone needs to see.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 10:09 AM
    At least this is the word from an internal memo at our company. See below!

"Blackberry is close to collapse, the Android operating system is now leading the market, and the iPhone remains the leader on Enterprise market. Microsoft bought Nokia, Google bought Motorola and is now selling it to Lenovo, and Samsung just released its own operating system: Tizen. Change is afoot for "our company's" mobile phone environment too!"

See, it's this kinda mentality and blatant ignorance that is shooting holes in the ship that is Blackberry. Our company has migrated from BB's to iPhones over the last two years. We just merged with a company that was exclusively BB (25,000 BB's globally) and now, since BB is "close to collapse", everyone is getting an iPhone or an Android device.

Add to that the general hysteria now created in the minds of over 65,000 employees, who will spread this garbage to 10 friends and family members, who will in turn share with 5 people, who will in turn spread this to..."oh, you get the picture!" That is public perception spread around the world that further damages the reputation and brand of BB. When it's all said and done, that could amount to over 1 million people who will take this as truth when it's anything but!

No one can fault a company for switching from one tried and true product to the latest, greatest and popular choices, but c'mon, let's not lie about it. Get the facts straight!

Go BB!
    Nothing is technically wrong with the memo. In fact, it might be appropriate and prudent.

Your company has decided, without your approval, to adopt a more restrictive policy on the mobile devices it will support. Android and iOS are included, and BBOS isn't. The company wants to circumvent hundreds of employees asking to keep the same platform and wasting everyone's time. They are giving an alert before the actual switch. They are saying change is inevitable.

If you do not like their decision, pose a better one. Not for you�for the company. Show the costs and benefits and the savings in maintaining BBOS. Call BlackBerry and tell them they are about to lose 7,000 clients and all the backend to support them.

If you can do that or the facts are not there, take a deep breath and accept the things you can't change. It is just a device anyway.
    03-12-14 10:13 AM
    Nothing is technically wrong with the memo. In fact, it might be appropriate and prudent.

Your company has decided, without your approval, to adopt a more restrictive policy on the mobile devices it will support. Android and iOS are included, and BBOS isn't. The company wants to circumvent hundreds of employees asking to keep the same platform and wasting everyone's time. They are giving an alert before the actual switch. They are saying change is inevitable.

If you do not like their decision, pose a better one. Not for you—for the company. Show the costs and benefits and the savings in maintaining BBOS. Call BlackBerry and tell them they are about to lose 7,000 clients and all the backend to support them.

If you can do that or the facts are not there, take a deep breath and accept the things you can't change. It is just a device anyway.
    How dare you be calm, cool, and collected, using your reason...

The above is sound advice. Getting BlackBerry involved also could easily be done, especially for large corporations like this. (if the 25k devices are accurate)
    jackpots likes this.
    03-12-14 10:16 AM
    I keep saying that what BlackBerry needs is a massive security breach of a major company, due to the use of either Apple and/or Android BYOD. I've often said that if you want to win an argument, your best chance to do so is if it's about money, and cleaning up a multi-million dollar breach will make a lot of companies sit up and listen to BlackBerry
    That would be a disastrous situation for BlackBerry since many BYOD programs are administered through BES 10.
    03-12-14 10:33 AM
    Seriously? It's one thing to release an internal memo that has the company name, or details which make the company identifiable. My company, for example, does have prohibitions for making statements that could be taken as company policy, or stating opinions as an employee. But so long as there's no means to make that connection, they don't, and can't, care. Now, if this employer was the NSA, that might not hold, but for entirely different reasons.

That said, I know of a number of companies, mine included, which are run by people who, rather than looking at the facts, allow external factors...the appeal for Apple or Android devices, the difficulties BlackBerry has had (self-inflicted and otherwise) and just general prejudice to deprecate BlackBerry and BES in favour of inferior (and risk-inducing) products like Good.

I keep saying that what BlackBerry needs is a massive security breach of a major company, due to the use of either Apple and/or Android BYOD. I've often said that if you want to win an argument, your best chance to do so is if it's about money, and cleaning up a multi-million dollar breach will make a lot of companies sit up and listen to BlackBerry, but with complacency comes ignorance.
    While true, BlackBerry cannot sit back and wait for this, nor can they even count on this happening. Breaches happen, more often than people think, but you do not hear about it. It is handled internally to the company (for the most part) and never hits the news wires.
    03-12-14 11:13 AM
    This memo was obviously written by someone who is not making decisions solely in the best interests of his employer: whomever wrote it is encouraging adoption of devices based on the authors personal platform biases. Put simply: author thinks Android and iOS devices are "cool" and / or favours a particular MDM solution so has toned this memo to promote one platform over another.

BB10 devices are perfectly valid choices for enterprise communications, to dismiss them casually isn't professional, and neither is the author of this document: they're doing a disservice to their employer but if it makes THEIR job easier / more enjoyable, I'm sure that's all that matters.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-12-14 01:33 PM
    I keep saying that what BlackBerry needs is a massive security breach of a major company, due to the use of either Apple and/or Android BYOD.
    That would be a disastrous situation for BlackBerry since many BYOD programs are administered through BES 10.
    To clarify...I wouldn't expect such a breach to be possible if the MDM solution used was BES10. What I as referring to was Good, mostly, as I've previously noted is not up to being relied upon as for MDM.
    03-12-14 02:08 PM
84 1234