[QUOTE=earlym;10106927]See, it's this kinda mentality and blatant ignorance that is shooting holes in the ship that is Blackberry.
    /QUOTE]

And just what kind of mentality and blatant ignorance causes one to lead with that post title - given the information that follows? If this seems harsh, it's intended. The use of dramatic over the top post titles, for the assumed purpose of getting attention, has gotten way out if hand.
    03-11-14 02:15 PM
    Apparently quite a few very large corporations in Europe and around the world are signing up for BlackBerry and the services they offer. The CIO's of these corporations must be idiots as they have clearly not seen this "Memo"! One more time folks "BlackBerry is Dead"
    03-11-14 02:21 PM
    This is what's going on in the US markets. You'd swear there was some serious bribing going on with Apple and Samsung and the politicians "conspiracy theory". It's a lot easier to hack an iPhone and Android then a BlackBerry. People at my state job had no idea that BlackBerry has put out new devices. Every time someone sees my phone they ask if it's really a BlackBerry and are drawn to it almost instantly.

Guess the rest of the world knows a good device when it's presented to them.

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    03-11-14 02:24 PM
    You'd swear there was some serious bribing going on with Apple and Samsung and the politicians "conspiracy theory". It's a lot easier to hack an iPhone and Android then a BlackBerry. People at my state job had no idea that BlackBerry has put out new devices.
    You truly believe that's due to bribing on the part of BlackBerry's competitors? Wow.

How about because BlackBerry's advertising has ground to a halt?
    21stNow likes this.
    03-11-14 02:53 PM
    Good one fanboy. That data is only for enterprises using 'Good'. Of coure, iPhone might have more market share there. You have to understand that Blackberry still has three times the number of customers compared to Good, AirWatch and MobileIron combined. It amazes me how CraApple fanboys try to make anything iPhone look much better than it actually is.
    You only commented on one of the sources. I like the data from Intermedia myself.

If you're not familiar with Intermedia, they're a provider of hosted Microsoft Exchange with 700,000 business users. As you know, Microsoft Exchange dominates the enterprise. They can tell what kind of mobile device activates on their Exchange servers. Here is a nice infographic how iOS absolutely dominates:

Intermedia �€” Mobile Trends Infographic
    Laura Knotek and JeepBB like this.
    03-11-14 03:51 PM
    First.. I have worked in corporate environments both as an employee and consultant and have never seen an internal memo even resembling this... most corporations IT departments I work for do not bother telling you as an employee why they are doing anything.. They just announce it and you are stuck with it.. rather odd company the OP works for... in the long run ... it really does not matter what is said in an "internal memo"... that in itself protects the company from any legal action... had they put this out in a press release ... a whole different matter...
    03-11-14 04:17 PM
    I'd like to see BlackBerry get aggressive with this kind of attack. Loose the legal dogs to hurt people in the bank account.
    Is that the answer to everything these days?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-11-14 04:28 PM
    If you fall into the im to dumb to think for myself category then maybe these kinds of memos bother you. in reality there are lots of these types of things going around. They all say the same thing and the basis of these is people with an agenda. Fear helps push people in one direction or another so they want that fear. oh no this company is in trouble or they might have an issue with this. its all in the name of consumerism We have to all step back have a look for ourselves and make a decision. or we all step to the edge of the cliff like a bunch of lemmings and jump off. i put myself in the earlier category im not following the crowd or the nonsense surrounding it. Be a person who thinks for themselves and use your own mind for a change.
    03-11-14 05:01 PM
    Genghis2k3, no ignorance at all. It's a lead line that astonished a ton of loyal BB users and people who, around here, still use and love BB OS's.

The perspective intended was to show how ignorant a person, the article witer, was to phrase his leading paragraph concerning the company's desicion to move in a new direction with mobile phones, and take a cheap swipe at another company. This lead lasted all of 1 hour before the article was re-written with no jabs taken.

Pardon my sensationalism, if it offended, but I'm a loyal BB user and have been for years. Dramatic post lines are norm here and I still see nothing wrong with my title nor the moderator's spin.

Enjoy the read. Get incensed about the comment, don't shoot the messenger!

Take a breath!

Go BB!
    03-11-14 05:04 PM
    No, they could use murder. But as a civilized society we use law suits to protect our business.
    For serious issues - yes. For a memo you read on the Internet - no.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-11-14 05:18 PM
    [QUOTE=NotGoodIMO;10107356]Are you sure your company is not in the business of paid trolling. QUOTE]

LOL...not at all.

Go BB!
    03-11-14 05:21 PM
    Is this a done deal? If not hit me on Twitter @kmcooley and let's DM. If not too late, I might be able to help.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 05:28 PM
    At least this is the word from an internal memo at our company. See below!

"Blackberry is close to collapse, the Android operating system is now leading the market, and the iPhone remains the leader on Enterprise market. Microsoft bought Nokia, Google bought Motorola and is now selling it to Lenovo, and Samsung just released its own operating system: Tizen. Change is afoot for "our company's" mobile phone environment too!"

See, it's this kinda mentality and blatant ignorance that is shooting holes in the ship that is Blackberry. Our company has migrated from BB's to iPhones over the last two years. We just merged with a company that was exclusively BB (25,000 BB's globally) and now, since BB is "close to collapse", everyone is getting an iPhone or an Android device.

Add to that the general hysteria now created in the minds of over 65,000 employees, who will spread this garbage to 10 friends and family members, who will in turn share with 5 people, who will in turn spread this to..."oh, you get the picture!" That is public perception spread around the world that further damages the reputation and brand of BB. When it's all said and done, that could amount to over 1 million people who will take this as truth when it's anything but!

No one can fault a company for switching from one tried and true product to the latest, greatest and popular choices, but c'mon, let's not lie about it. Get the facts straight!

Go BB!
    I would fire you for releasing an internal memo. Your obsession for BlackBerry is more important than your job. You can't be trusted.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    03-11-14 05:35 PM
    I would fire you for releasing an internal memo. Your obsession for BlackBerry is more important than your job. You can't be trusted.
    Nobody even knows which company he's talking about. Could be just fabricated.
    richardat likes this.
    03-11-14 05:42 PM
    Honestly, I'm of the opinion that many posts here on CB are made up to begin with. Personally, I'd question the integrity of the original post, which conveniently morphs into a beneficial result.

BB enthusiasts will be quick to criticize anything anti BB with zero evidence to verify the perceived violation. And praise an equally unverified result in their favor.

To quite honest, I think this thread was designed from the beginning to do no more than illicit a response. It's probably a load of bull.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    MADBRADNYC and richardat like this.
    03-11-14 05:49 PM
    No, they could use murder. But as a civilized society we use law suits to protect our business.
    Yes, and when a company actually files those lawsuits, people claim they're being litigious. It's the very definition of no-win situation in many ways.
    03-11-14 05:57 PM
    Look at the market share trends for the past few years, and you can argue that BlackBerry has already collapsed.

The usual hyperbole from you.

"Collapsed" in business terms means "dead", as in, either out of business, or in the process of shutting down the business.

As such, it's a malicious, inaccurate characterization.

03-11-14 07:19 PM
    "Blackberry is close to collapse, the Android operating system is now leading the market, and the iPhone remains the leader on Enterprise market. Microsoft bought Nokia, Google bought Motorola and is now selling it to Lenovo, and Samsung just released its own operating system: Tizen. Change is afoot for "our company's" mobile phone environment too!"

Lies? Slander? Which part? The statement quoted above is literally just a recitation of facts.

the Android operating system is now leading the market, *fact*
    and the iPhone remains the leader on Enterprise market. *fact*
    Microsoft bought Nokia, *fact*
    Google bought Motorola and is now selling it to Lenovo, *fact*
    and Samsung just released its own operating system: Tizen. *fact*
    Change is afoot for "our company's" mobile phone environment too! *Assuming that the anonymous author is in the know about company policy - fact*

I suppose the bone of contention is the first phrase "Blackberry is close to collapse". Look at the market share trends for the past few years, and you can argue that BlackBerry has already collapsed. There are no indications that the trend is reversing. "Close to collapse" is actually a kind characterization, because to most outside observers, it has already collapsed (past tense).
    you posted this on CrackBerry. *fact*
    you are not a fanboy...*f.. * you wish
    03-11-14 08:09 PM
    Big deal. If BlackBerry isn't gonna advertise then it's their own fault people believe this crap. If they advertise, people would buy there products. When a company made a statement like that, people would say no, we want our BlackBerry. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 08:30 PM
    03-11-14 08:31 PM
    Honestly, I'm of the opinion that many posts here on CB are made up to begin with. Personally, I'd question the integrity of the original post, which conveniently morphs into a beneficial result.

BB enthusiasts will be quick to criticize anything anti BB with zero evidence to verify the perceived violation. And praise an equally unverified result in their favor.

To quite honest, I think this thread was designed from the beginning to do no more than illicit a response. It's probably a load of bull.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Then why are you making it look credible by supporting the argument that Blackberry is close to collapse?
    03-11-14 08:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    This has more to do with the ***** at the helm who wrote this and released this childish poppycock as a reason for switching mobile devices. It was never the company line about BB, but the wannabe webmaster who penned this and has a distaste for BlackBerry. Our company is switching but didn't stand by this cretin's babble which is why they pulled the web page it was on.

Isn't this a forum for enthusiasts who sport the brand? I'm no more obsessed than you.

As to trust, this was a communication on a website that was brought to my attention by a customer visiting our site and it is true!

Go BB!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 10:00 PM
    I don't buy the whole argument that BB is close to collapse, so maybe companies should shy away from them. Let's say BB really tanks and loses even more money. What happens next is they'll start trying to get loans (remember they had no debt recently - not sure if that's still the case). Nokia had a huge amount of debt and for a while too. Anyway, if it continues to go bad, then maybe they'll file bankruptcy. What happens then? BB would still be operating under those conditions. Maybe someone then buys them. Again, still operating. They aren't going to magically shrivel up and die overnight and cease support and operations. These things take time. With the business and government contracts they have, someone would swoop in and take that over, and existing devices would continue to work even if no new ones were produced. BES would still be supported for some time until those lucrative contracts could be moved over to competitors.
    03-11-14 10:01 PM
    What's your company's Twitter handle? Post your company's Twitter handle and we here are crackberry will inform your company of facts....
    03-11-14 10:03 PM
    As to trust, this was a communication on a website that was brought to my attention by a customer visiting our site and it is true!
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought you initially stated this was an internal memo.
    So, this was posted on a public website, and brought to your attention by someone visiting?
    What is the website? I'd like to see it.

I've copied and pasted your quoted text into Google, and see no references of it except for CB with the original title and the new title.
    I don't even see it in Google Cache or the Way-Back Machine.
    It should be able to be found if it was on a website.
    Can you assist us in seeing this ourselves?
    Thanks!
    app_Developer and bbq10l like this.
    03-11-14 10:38 PM
84 1234