Hi!!

Since yesterday, all my call log and my sms history was missing everything was deleted, now every call I got, or sms in 5 seconds got erase, nothing gets stored, can someone tell me how to change this option, cause I go to call logging and it says everything is gonna get stored for 2 month...

i want all my call log and my sms log saved
    08-24-08 10:00 AM
    Low memory issue!
    File free memory should be at least 10,000,000 bytes. Options>Status

Click my link under memory.
    08-24-08 10:02 AM
    Hi

I checked and in file free says 0 bytes
    08-24-08 10:07 AM
    Hi

I checked and in file free says 0 bytes

That's your problem!
    Follow the memory link in my sig!
    08-24-08 10:09 AM
    Check the link in my signature to free up some memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 10:10 AM
    0 is about as low as you can go.

The first step is regain control over the device. Pull the battery, that will allow the trash collection to free up some memory, enough for the next step.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    08-24-08 10:10 AM
    Check the link in my signature to free up some memory.

LOL! Not posting from the WAP site, we can't see your sig!
    08-24-08 10:12 AM
    I think I've Done it!!! yeyyyyyyyyy Im so happyyyyyyyyy Thank You!!
    08-24-08 10:30 AM
    I think I've Done it!!! yeyyyyyyyyy Im so happyyyyyyyyy Thank You!!

No problem! Just make sure you're closing your apps my hitting Menu>Close and not simply End or Escape.
    08-24-08 10:34 AM
    I got a 8130 (sprint) and I'm having the same problem. My call logs and messages just disappeared this morning, and seems to be doing that all through out the day. I lost all my messages too.

Does anyone know what caused this and how to fix this problem on an 8130?

08-24-08 09:39 PM
    You have the same problem, and the solution is the same:

Check your free memory: Options / Status / File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below 12 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure will guide you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    08-24-08 09:47 PM
    Thanks JeffH, I will try that.
    08-24-08 11:50 PM
    I have been working on this for 2 days. My phone log is deleting itself. I checked my space and sure enough I needed to clean up. So I did, now I have 15+. can you believe it? It did it again. I rely on my phone log. Help!
    Last edited by linlip1; 08-26-08 at 05:33 PM.
    08-26-08 05:23 PM
    LOL! Not posting from the WAP site, we can't see your sig!
    hahaha... classic
    08-26-08 05:40 PM
    I have been working on this for 2 days. My phone log is deleting itself. I checked my space and sure enough I needed to clean up. So I did, now I have 15+. can you believe it? It did it again. I rely on my phone log. Help!
    This sounds like a job for CrackMem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/

15+ Mb is still marginal, you can use CrackMem to fine a lot more recoverable memory.
    08-26-08 06:17 PM
    What everyone else said, and, remember those steps are something to incorporate into a regular maintenance routine. I clear logs, caches and do a reset every day just to be safe -- I could probably go a few days because I'm at around 25mb after a reset.

There's two schools of thought about battery pulls or resets to free up memory. I usually reset which is: alt-right shift-delete. There are also instructions for a hard reset around, but I haven't needed that. Others prefer to pull their battery to accomplish the same thing. I wouldn't argue with either method -- I just prefer to reset, that way I don't have to take my Curve's skin off .

Oh Linlip, maybe you can take a hard look at the applications you have on your berry. If there are any you do not use often, you really delete them.

X
    Last edited by exelant; 08-26-08 at 10:54 PM.
    08-26-08 10:43 PM
    I wish blackberrys were like nokias that can (if selected to) store text messages and run programs on the memory card. That's the ONLY reason I'd ever chose a nokia over a blackberry.

08-26-08 10:47 PM
    I wish blackberrys were like nokias that can (if selected to) store text messages and run programs on the memory card. That's the ONLY reason I'd ever chose a nokia over a blackberry.

I'm sure that's coming soon. Rim is really moving into the consumer market where apps is the name of the game, haha. IMO
    08-26-08 10:52 PM
    Yeah hopefully! I miss being able to store as many txts as I wish.

08-26-08 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD