while my GF`s Iphone is very fast.

Ive just assumed that the bold is slow but tonight while round at her parents house I connected to a BT homehub (2meg line) and the Bold flew !

Ive never seen it so fast - was quite a pleasure to use.....

back home on my 20mb broadband .... and slllllooooowwww

maybe the wifi is not set up correctly ?

what should I be looking for at the router end of things.

(wireless mode is currently set to : 802.11g and 802.11b... option can be 802.11g only if this makes any difference)

Router is a Belkin Wireless G MIMO router.

Thanks in advance.
    10-29-09 06:53 PM
    while my GF`s Iphone is very fast.

Ive just assumed that the bold is slow but tonight while round at her parents house I connected to a BT homehub (2meg line) and the Bold flew !

Ive never seen it so fast - was quite a pleasure to use.....

back home on my 20mb broadband .... and slllllooooowwww

maybe the wifi is not set up correctly ?

what should I be looking for at the router end of things.

(wireless mode is currently set to : 802.11g and 802.11b... option can be 802.11g only if this makes any difference)

Router is a Belkin Wireless G MIMO router.

Thanks in advance.
    I also use the same router with yours but I do not face the problem like yours. Maybe something to do with your internet connection? Did u try to browse the internet using your PC?

My opinion, if using your home PC the connection still slow, it is the problem with the internet connection (ISP)

If using PC the connection is very fast but when using Bold, it really slow, maybe u can try to do battery pull. If after doing that, u still face the same problem, maybe u need to upgrade the firmware of your Bold.
    10-29-09 08:49 PM
    I have the Speedtest App on my Bold. I have 3G (AT&T) and wifi at my house, using a linksys router. When I run speedtest on the Bold, the results are much faster uploads (3 to 1)with wifi, but much faster downloads with 3g. (3 or 4 to 1)
    10-29-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD