Hi i have a problem with the wifi conection on my 8900, for some reason the only way i can conect to my router to get wifi is to turn the router off then on, none of my other phones had this problem, not sure if i need to change a settign on the router or prob the phone itself, is there anythign i can try as i want the phone to connect to my wifi everytime im at home without having to turn the router off then on.

thanks
    05-02-10 02:50 AM
    Could it possibly be an IP conflict?
    05-02-10 02:57 AM
    Could it possibly be an IP conflict?
    Not too sure, how would i check to see if it is?
    05-02-10 03:01 AM
    Check your router settings and make sure that it's not trying to assign the same IP to 2 different devices. You can always do a hard reset on the router to restore it back to factory settings, and then this will not be an issue. Then again, it could be something completely different. That would be the first thing I checked though.
    05-02-10 03:36 AM
    I had the same issue and TM tech support tells me it is a quality of the ISP. Verizon Fios tells me they don't support voip. Same old game, "it's not me, it is them". To check the quality of your broadband, go to whichvoip.com/residential-voip.html and run the VoiP Speed Test. It won't solve the problem but tells you your VoiP quality.
    05-02-10 06:14 AM
    just done the test and it says -1.1ms average jitter 0.0% packet loss

any other info needed?
    05-02-10 06:55 AM
    Check the quality of service at the bottom, if it is < 85% then the button will be yellow and that is when I lose the VioP connecton and it drops my call. You might call your ISP and tell them you are having quality problems, but don't count on them solving the quality issue. That was my experience.
    05-02-10 07:23 AM
    it says 95%
    05-02-10 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD