So I'm sitting around the house on this lovely Sunday when my Sprint 8830 starts vibrating and making that super cool sonar sound I use for my message/email notification. But when I attempt to check the message, there's no message to be found! Wrote it off as an anomaly, but then it happened again about 5 minutes later. Message notification, no message. Anybody else ever have this happen? Should I perform an exorcism?

Also, if I'm using BIS and one of my three configured email accounts stops sending/receiving to and from my BlackBerry, but works otherwise (like from computer to computer), is it likely a problem with BIS or with the email server?

Thanks!
    03-30-08 06:00 PM
    it could be a memory leak. what's your free memory?
    03-30-08 06:02 PM
    Does a message indicator show up on the screen?
    03-30-08 06:03 PM
    Yea do a battery pull and see if it keeps doing that and hi carla ^_^
    03-30-08 06:03 PM
    Yea do a battery pull and see if it keeps doing that and hi carla ^_^
    lol hey ray :P
    03-30-08 06:21 PM
    lol hey ray :P
    how are you miss?
    03-30-08 06:24 PM
    No message indicator. Did a battery pull and it hasn't happened again yet.

File Free: 17,532,818 Bytes

4-gig memory card

Any advice on the email issue?
    03-30-08 06:34 PM
    Resend your service books.
    03-30-08 06:41 PM
    Resent my service books. The account in question still doesn't work. BUT, new development: my webmail portal for that account has stopped working now as well. I am aware that they're transitioning this email service to a system powered by Google in a few days, so I'm assuming that's the problem. I'll take it up with them. The phantom message thing still concerns me but it hasn't happened in a while so whatev.
    03-30-08 07:19 PM
    Yes perform the exorcism

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 07:25 PM
    Real Spooky
    03-30-08 07:42 PM
    I will help with the exorcism.

03-30-08 07:56 PM
    Lol... It would've been spookier if it played a tone you didn't have on the phone, lol. I would have flung my berry out the window.
    03-30-08 08:21 PM
    bumping this thread since I am having the same problem. Multiple battery pulls later it's still giving me a problem. It will vibrate and when i go to check the email/text, nothing is there. No indicator pops up. Anyone?
    07-16-08 09:28 PM
    Could it possibly be a calander appoinment? Or maybe a PING from a BBM contact?
    07-17-08 12:48 AM
    Lol... It would've been spookier if it played a tone you didn't have on the phone, lol. I would have flung my berry out the window.
    lol!

it wouldn't be scary unless someone who was dead was calling you. and when you answered, they didn't say anything.
    07-17-08 02:01 AM
    Actually, it would be far creepier if someone who was dead called and they DID say something!
    07-17-08 02:03 AM
    Could it possibly be a calander appoinment? Or maybe a PING from a BBM contact?
    No luck. No appts on the calendar for today and nothing new with the bb msger. My phone is hour-glassing as well. I did battery pulls, re-sent the service books. Any other ideas?

07-17-08 11:02 AM
    Is it "actually" vibrating? I sometimes have my phone in my pocket and I get a phantom ring/vibrate.
    07-17-08 11:03 AM
    Is it "actually" vibrating? I sometimes have my phone in my pocket and I get a phantom ring/vibrate.
    Yeah I get that sometimes but not in this case. I think it was my weatherbug app, so I deleted it and the "ghosts" have gone away for now. I don't understand why it couldve been hourglassing though...

07-18-08 11:48 AM
    I have that same thing happen every now and then. It's annoying cuz I get all excited and then no email/txt...nothing!!! It doesn't happen a lot thankfully and I have no other issues w/ hauntings!!
    07-18-08 02:29 PM
    hahaha the sameeee thing happened to me. i was getting messages but then they would disappear since my memory was too low. you have to clean out your phone for more memory or get a memory card for 20 bucks!
    07-18-08 02:31 PM
    i even had the sonar too!
    07-18-08 02:31 PM
    hahaha the sameeee thing happened to me. i was getting messages but then they would disappear since my memory was too low. you have to clean out your phone for more memory or get a memory card for 20 bucks!
    I have a 2 gig card that i got from buy.com for 1.00

but i deleted some apps and im good to go now.
    07-18-08 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD