So, I was on my way to visit Penn State while my GPS had started to say it was low on battery and would momentarily shut off. Puzzled, my parents gave it to me since it's mine. I was confused as well, since it had been plugged in. However, it kept giving us a message. It said something about it being connected to a USB cable. I took a quick glance at the cord and frowned. Being in a rush, I grabbed my BB charger from my car and not the GPS. It had fit perfectly inside. My parents and I began to become a little uneasy, as we had no idea where we were going. Trying to think, my mind wandered to my blackberry. I could get GPS! I downloaded it quickly, and called Verizon to have the service activated quickly. All went smoothly and we found our way perfectly.

My blackberry caused my problem, but also helped me solve it. I love this thing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 04:58 PM
    So, I was on my way to visit Penn State while my GPS had started to say it was low on battery and would momentarily shut off. Puzzled, my parents gave it to me since it's mine. I was confused as well, since it had been plugged in. However, it kept giving us a message. It said something about it being connected to a USB cable. I took a quick glance at the cord and frowned. Being in a rush, I grabbed my BB charger from my car and not the GPS. It had fit perfectly inside. My parents and I began to become a little uneasy, as we had no idea where we were going. Trying to think, my mind wandered to my blackberry. I could get GPS! I downloaded it quickly, and called Verizon to have the service activated quickly. All went smoothly and we found our way perfectly.

My blackberry caused my problem, but also helped me solve it. I love this thing!

hmm... glad you love it

You will not love the VZW bill for GPS haha
    08-08-08 05:09 PM
    im a little confused(thats normal for me)
    glad it all worked out
    08-08-08 05:23 PM
    im confused too!
    08-08-08 05:43 PM
    There is nothing to be confused about... his standalone GPS unit died, so he called VZW and activated the VNav stuff so he did not get lost
    08-08-08 05:46 PM
    There is nothing to be confused about... his standalone GPS unit died, so he called VZW and activated the VNav stuff so he did not get lost
    ok, i get it
    08-08-08 05:48 PM
    Haha, yes. That's it. There are two cords in my car that I use, the GPS and my blackberry. I grabbed the wrong one, and we took my father's car. I'm canceling the on phone GPS at the end of the month though, so it's not a big deal.

08-08-08 06:07 PM
    your cords are not interchangeable?

my blackberry charger also can charge my garmin

but smart thinking nonetheless
    08-08-08 06:27 PM
    Same thing happened to me, but I had printed out directions via mapquest, somehow missed a turn, downloaded vznav and called to get it activated and was set back on track!

08-08-08 10:14 PM
    Good stuff. Did they give you a trial?
    08-08-08 10:17 PM
    Glad to hear that you found your way.
    08-08-08 10:49 PM
    Same thing happened to me, but I had printed out directions via mapquest, somehow missed a turn, downloaded vznav and called to get it activated and was set back on track!
    Ick Mapquest. Good thing your BB saved the day!
    08-09-08 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD