My blackberry(Bold 9900) deleted almost all my personal photos. Does anyone know why that can happen? Also is there something I can do to prevent it in future?
    01-18-12 06:19 PM
    Do a back up. Was you pictures on the media card?
    01-18-12 07:55 PM
    No offense, but generally this is caused by user error, like you accidentally deleted the photos. As Rose said, make backups frequently.
    01-19-12 02:20 AM
    You might have a corrupted media card that is fixable.

Go to the Media folder. Highlight the Pictures icon but don't click on it. Instead, go to the BB menu and hit Memory Use. You can see if they're still there. Hit Details. On the BB Menu hit Refresh.

If the media card is corrupted they will show up again. If not, then you deleted. Check your last backup.

Sorry this happened to you.
    01-19-12 03:03 PM
    This just happened to me and this info didnt help with my issue. After further investigation I found my media card had slipped out. My photo files returned after putting the media card back in place.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-11-13 04:30 AM
    This just happened to me and this info didnt help with my issue. After further investigation I found my media card had slipped out. My photo files returned after putting the media card back in place.
    Very likely the issue. I believe those you can see are in internal storage.
    - Open gently the battery door (carefully, the media card could slip out if not properly engaged)
    - Remove the battery
    - Look at the top middle over the battery where the micro card should be inserted, slip it out then back in.
    - Replace the battery + cover
    - Check it out
    01-11-13 04:42 AM
    If all else fails, hook up to desktop manager, you should be able to see them there. Copy and paste them to your computer then format your media card. Copy and paste back! This happened to me, I thought everything was gone as well but its not.
    Don't format until you check through desktop manager. I bet you see them.
    01-11-13 04:46 AM
    Okay never mind. I see this is an old post, that you've found your solution. This did just happen to me though
    01-11-13 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD