I do nothing but treat her with care and THIS is how she repays me!? :'(
    And yes, I have personified my phone lol

My blackberry likes to delete EVERYTHING off my phone on her own....whenever she may feel like it. Not only does it just happen once, but within the span of 10-15 mins, every few minutes, it's going through and clearing everything out.
    Texts, phone log, BBM convos...everything but my emails.

I called sprint and she said it's because I have too much going on on my phone and to delete all my texts and clear out my browser history every few days.

I don't want to delete all my texts every few days and I personally feel that's going back on the reason why I got a blackberry in the first place.

Does this happen to anyone else? And if so, what do you do to prevent it or fix it?
    It's reallllyyy irritating.....and frustrating

Thank you!!!
    05-18-09 06:57 PM
    go to options then status and what does your file free say?

it sounds like you have a memory problem that should be easily corrected! no worries!!!!!

05-18-09 06:58 PM
    This is most likely due to low memory. To fix it, with your phone on, remove your battery for 30 seconds and then re-insert it.
    05-18-09 06:58 PM
    my file free says
    32798609 bytes.

i'm not techy but that doesn't seem like a small number...haha

and hoooollyyy moly, if i had $1 for every time i took my battery out for 30secs and put it back in...i'd be richer than oprah!!
    05-18-09 07:05 PM
    hmm. well lets see.

have you gone through and deleted all the programs that your not going to use?

also what OS are you running?
    05-18-09 07:09 PM
    Any aftermarket app?
    05-18-09 07:10 PM
    don't judge me, BUT i'm not sure what an OS is :/

I haven't added much to my phone....nothing big. Just a few fun applications here and there. Like Pandora, and what not.
    But I have gone through and deleted everything that I don't use.

Hahah thanks for your patience :x
    05-18-09 07:20 PM
    on your phone, go to option then about and it should start with 4.5.0.XXX

what are the numbers that would replace my X's. it could be 2 or 3 digits.
    05-18-09 07:22 PM
    on your phone, go to option then about and it should start with 4.5.0.XXX

what are the numbers that would replace my X's. it could be 2 or 3 digits.
    v4.3.0.127?

That's the only 4.something number I'm seeing...
    05-18-09 07:25 PM
    don't judge me, BUT i'm not sure what an OS is :/

I haven't added much to my phone....nothing big. Just a few fun applications here and there. Like Pandora, and what not.
    But I have gone through and deleted everything that I don't use.

Hahah thanks for your patience :x
    Just remember that you don't have to worry about a backlash on here just because you don't know what certain things are. People such as dreamtobelieve are excellent in helping people on here and usually people with rude and nasty comments are taken care of by the mods.
    05-18-09 07:25 PM
    v4.3.0.127?

That's the only 4.something number I'm seeing...
    that could be accurate, when did you get the phone?

and forever29, thanks for the kind words buddy!
    05-18-09 07:27 PM
    Just remember that you don't have to worry about a backlash on here just because you don't know what certain things are. People such as dreamtobelieve are excellent in helping people on here and usually people with rude and nasty comments are taken care of by the mods.
    Lol thank you. Unfortunately, that's just something I say to save myself from looking like a complete *****.....

I wish my degree covered a Blackberry course somewhere within those 4 years! Lol
    05-18-09 07:28 PM
    Royal, do you have a memory card on the phone?
    05-18-09 07:29 PM
    haha, trust us Royal, the blackberry is nothing basic by any means, it is rather complex and confusing, it still puzzles me at times!
    05-18-09 07:29 PM
    that could be accurate, when did you get the phone?

and forever29, thanks for the kind words buddy!

THIS particular phone? Oh geez....February?
    I'm not so sure...I joined the bb world in august and been through quite a few since then lol :O
    05-18-09 07:30 PM
    Royal, do you have a memory card on the phone?

a-ha! the question i was dreading....i had memory cards on my first two phones...one which got lost...the other stolen so by this phone, i gave up and didn't buy one....

but i'm sitting here thinking it might help...haha
    05-18-09 07:31 PM
    It did it again as we speak....

FML
    05-18-09 07:32 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/

you may want to head over there and read about upgrading your OS.

I am not sure if your have the ESN version or the MEID version, but it will explain there.
    05-18-09 07:32 PM
    THIS particular phone? Oh geez....February?
    I'm not so sure...I joined the bb world in august and been through quite a few since then lol :O
    Okay Royal this is what's going on. I get the feeling you have pictures and/or music stored on the phone. It is best to store media on a media card or else once your phone's memory begins to get full, it starts to delete things on its own by priority. Priority being that it's setup to know that a picture is more important than a message. Or a call log. So it starts to delete your messages and call logs once it starts to run low on memory. Your best bet is to get a media card. An 8GB is about $20 or so at Staples.

Connect your phone to your computer, and on your screen you'll be prompted to turn on mass storage mode. You want to turn that on. When you go to "My Computer", both your phone memory and media card will come up as two separate drives. Just drag and drop your media into the memory card and that should take care of your problem.

Now whenever you take pics on the phone, they'll automatically save to your media card.

And remember that if you're not using an application, such as Slacker or Pandora or something like that, make sure you fully close the app or else it eats up phone memory and your phone may become slow and have some lag to it.
    05-18-09 07:34 PM
    so i have to give in to the media card, huh? sheesh! haha
    well, i will give that a try and i will also go about updating my OS, whatever that might be lol

thank you guys very much.
    05-18-09 07:37 PM
    oops, but wait. with that link, how do i know which one i need?

just by the numbers? the latest one would have the highest number? or does it need to be by certain device?
    ahhh overload!
    05-18-09 07:38 PM
    so i have to give in to the media card, huh? sheesh! haha
    well, i will give that a try and i will also go about updating my OS, whatever that might be lol

thank you guys very much.
    Yeah the media card is a must. Or else things will continue to delete on their own.

And please before you even try to update your OS, make sure you fully understand how to do it or you run the risk of bricking your phone. I always recommend doing your own full backup before doing an OS install.
    05-18-09 07:38 PM
    Royal, I happen to have a spare memory card, it came with my Storm, but I already have one. I can ship it to you, as it sadly is just a dust collector in my room currently, this way you dont have to go buy one!
    05-18-09 07:39 PM

just by the numbers? the latest one would have the highest number? or does it need to be by certain device?
    ahhh overload!
    Do the memory card first and see how your phone runs. It should help a lot. I'd upgrade the OS if it was clearly necessary. If you have problems, you know where to come.
    05-18-09 07:39 PM

ahhh overload!
    it is by device, you want to make sure you are looking at the ones for the 8330, as that is the device you have.

Do you happen to know if you have the MEID version or the ESN version of the 8330?
    05-18-09 07:40 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD