To start things off, there is no image. Nobody knows that they still exist in the US. Ask anybody. They're dead.

BlackBerry is boring. They're not cool. Everybody already knows that BlackBerries are the best for communication and security. Everybody knows that they have the best keyboard. While the latest Q10 commercial isn't bad, I don't think the commercials need to be showing that off. We get it.

I'd love to see them market the new Blackberry as cool, fun, exciting. I want to see a commercial that makes me feel something. I want a commercial that would make me say, "Yes, THAT is the phone i own!" Thoughts on BlackBerry re-cooling themselves?
    Last edited by LWKING; 08-10-13 at 05:26 PM.
    08-09-13 02:01 PM
    OK ..why do you think owning "your father's phone" would be cool. Has Buick (Blackberry) really succeeded ?
    08-09-13 02:06 PM
    Gotta start with devices that offer clear advantages over the current market leaders. Gotta give people a real reason to want them. Personally, I don't see their brand perception changing for a few years in the US but I hope I'm proven wrong.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-09-13 03:01 PM
    @rello, I hope you're wrong also.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    08-09-13 03:39 PM
    "My beef with the BlackBerry image in the US"
    Americans prefer beef.
    08-09-13 03:53 PM
    "My beef with the BlackBerry image in the US"
    Americans prefer beef.
    this is true
    08-09-13 03:54 PM
    although i love my BB... BB isnt cool.. at all. Teens dont want a BB. Teens want something they can play with. BB is a awesome tool.. but not a great toy. I was talking to someone about my BB the other day.. the first question i got was "how many free games are there?".. ya.. thats what some people want. I use my BB to communicate with other people so thats why i love my phone.. for me its a tool.. not a toy.
    08-09-13 03:55 PM
    i dont see their brand perception changing either. I really really want it to.
    08-09-13 03:56 PM
    Cool? This is cool:

My beef with the BlackBerry image in the US-00dc5c545ee4f840e66bd798e4bc8b36.jpg
    08-09-13 04:02 PM
    BlackBerry can BECOME cool. They have to portray themselves taht way
    08-09-13 05:29 PM
    They need to change the perception via marketing. Cadillac changed their image from land yachts for the elderly to a sports sedan with the "Not your father's Cadillac" commercials and BlackBerry needs to do something similar to show that the new devices are nothing like the old BBOS that people came to loathe via the locked down devices assigned to them at work. People have no idea via the craptastic commercials that BlackBerry has put out what the device can do or that things have changed. It takes time and money to turn a negative image positive but BlackBerry doesn't even seem to think that they have an image problem and that all that they need to do is wait for the BB10 adopters to convert everyone over. Sorry BlackBerry but this won't work. You have to do the heavy lifting, not the user base.

Posted via CB10
    gordon griffith and LWKING like this.
    08-09-13 05:42 PM
    A lil commercial I did to portray "coolness" and have people intrigued.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:00 PM
    Nobody knows that they exist in the US. Ask anybody.
    Everybody knows that BlackBerrys are the best for communication and security.
    Confusing post

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:10 PM
    BlackBerry will always be perceived as a business phone. I wish they can kill the BYOD trend. It's really encroaching on BlackBerry's territory.

Their image in the USA is that they're old and therefore outdated. So far the new phones have not changed it at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:25 PM
    They need to change the perception via marketing. Cadillac changed their image from land yachts for the elderly to a sports sedan with the "Not your father's Cadillac" commercials and BlackBerry needs to do something similar to show that the new devices are nothing like the old BBOS that people came to loathe via the locked down devices assigned to them at work. People have no idea via the craptastic commercials that BlackBerry has put out what the device can do or that things have changed. It takes time and money to turn a negative image positive but BlackBerry doesn't even seem to think that they have an image problem and that all that they need to do is wait for the BB10 adopters to convert everyone over. Sorry BlackBerry but this won't work. You have to do the heavy lifting, not the user base.

Posted via CB10

Cadillac did more than advertise a new product, they actually built a luxury sports car.

BlackBerry built a new engine that was only firing on six cylinders at release. Put it into a family sedan, but called it a sports car and even tried to charge for a sports car. And then they delivered it with four flat tires.

No amount of advertising is going to fix that.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:46 PM
    "Nobody knows that they exist in the US. Ask anybody"

If you ask me since I live in the US, they do exist. I currently have a BlackBerry Q10, thank you very much.

Everyone knows their marketing in the US blows! Even Thor himself knows and said it

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:09 PM

Thoughts on BlackBerry re-cooling themselves?
    Not going to happen unless they recruit some talent from silicon Valley.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    08-09-13 10:16 PM
    My wife won't get a BlackBerry because it doesn't have any of the cool games such as word with friends or candy crush. She loves the phone however do sent want to give up the fun stuff

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:19 PM
    Every time I listen to Mike L. or TH, these guys always mention what BlackBerry is known for.... But it's not selling the smartphones, BB phones have to bring features that make them standout as cool penguins amongst the sea lions. Since 2010, BB has owned TAT, yet where are the wow factors in the UI. Apple is touting parallax effect in iOS 7 yet TAT demonstrated this UI effect years ago.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and gordon griffith like this.
    08-09-13 10:21 PM
    BlackBerry built a new engine that was only firing on six cylinders at release. Put it into a family sedan, but called it a sports car and even tried to charge for a sports car.
    No way BlackBerry made a Toyota Paseo for a device.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-09-13 10:55 PM
    To start things off, there is no image. Nobody knows that they exist in the US. Ask anybody. They're dead.

BlackBerry is boring. They're not cool. Everybody knows that BlackBerrys are the best for communication and security. Everybody knows that they have the best keyboard. While the latest Q10 commercial isn't bad, I don't think the commercials need to be showing that off. We get it.

I'd love to see them market the new Blackberry as cool, fun, exciting. I want to see a commercial that makes me feel something. I want a commercial that would make me say, "Yes, THAT is the phone i own!" Thoughts on BlackBerry re-cooling themselves?
    with Frank Boulben at the helm? yeah he's done great so far huh? lol

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:37 PM
    although i love my BB... BB isnt cool.. at all. Teens dont want a BB. Teens want something they can play with. BB is a awesome tool.. but not a great toy. I was talking to someone about my BB the other day.. the first question i got was "how many free games are there?".. ya.. thats what some people want. I use my BB to communicate with other people so thats why i love my phone.. for me its a tool.. not a toy.
    What far too many here fail to apprehend is that the so-called "toys" excel at communication as well, and in certain respects can even be said to exceed what a BB is capable of. Welcome to 2013. You can have a toy that serves as a supremely capable tool.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    08-10-13 01:15 AM
    My wife won't get a BlackBerry because it doesn't have any of the cool games such as word with friends or candy crush. She loves the phone however do sent want to give up the fun stuff

Posted via CB10
    Same here.. my wife plays Words with Friends. Ive wanted her to get a BB. But she doesnt want to give up that game.
    08-10-13 09:04 AM
    Cadillac did more than advertise a new product, they actually built a luxury sports car.

BlackBerry built a new engine that was only firing on six cylinders at release. Put it into a family sedan, but called it a sports car and even tried to charge for a sports car. And then they delivered it with four flat tires.

No amount of advertising is going to fix that.

Posted via CB10
    Personally I think BB10 is the best mobile OS on the market in terms of native features and capabilities, and the Z10 works awesome with the OS. The only issue is the availability of apps and the pricing of the devices. The issue in the US is that most people don't know that BlackBerry has a new OS and didn't like BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-10-13 09:29 AM

Posted via CB10

Same for mine... Candy Crush, Pinetrese and Instagram are all must haves for her. Sideloaded options have not been good enough in the past, and she isn't impress with the process.

I imagine that are probably 10 majors apps that if BlackBerry would DO SOMETHING, they could sell a LOT more devices!
    08-10-13 09:44 AM
44 12