My BlackBerry died this morning. I can't get it to turn on. I have tried a battery pull but it does not respond. When I plug it in, the indicator light is red (it usually flashes green until it's fully charged). ATT replaced the battery a couple weeks ago because it wouldn't hold a charge. It has worked fine until now. Any thoughts? What could have happened? Do you think it's fixable?
    11-28-08 12:07 PM
    Uh oh. Um try doin a search for that thread on "recovering a dead bb"

That should help you out. Good luck! Let us know!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 12:09 PM
    You said youve had the battery replaced, so you must have had this blackberry for a while now. Atleast 4 months huh?
    Anyway. Sometimes my device freezes up for a random peroid of time if I just let it hang out. It does whatever it wants really. Either ill push the End key hoping whatever program I left open will close and itll return to the ribbon or ill become impatient and reset it.
    Now with your case, it depends on what you last installed, or if you erased anything like, a factory application you dont use. Then when you let it alone, it froze for a moment and when you preformed the soft reset, it was unable to reset. But, like I said, it depends on what you last did to the phone
    11-28-08 12:45 PM
    I had the same thing on mine - put it on charge and just leave it. After an hour or so you should be able to fire it up. I'vew no idea why it happened but that's how I fixed mine...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD