I'm not saying it happens everytime, but when I receive a new message, my BB 9700 often opens wrong message, usually the last message I opened.

I currently have Email/SMS/Group Chat all appear on my main Messages, and it gets very frustrating sometimes especially when I try to delete a message without reading it. I can't tell you how many important emails I deleted accidentally this way...

Anyone else have/had this issue and found a work around it?

I've tried removing SMS/Group Chat etc.. from my main Messages app but it keeps happening regardless. I currently have the latest OS 5.0.0.351 and have Gmail Enhanced Plug-in, Drivesafe.ly and Poynt, although from what I've read, those apps shouldn't interfere with the messages function.

Thanks in advance
    05-07-10 10:30 AM
    Does anyone have any feedback here? I'm having the EXACT same problem - I'm on a Curve 8350, but with the same OS. This is a terribly annoying problem, it highlights the correct message - it just opens or deletes the wrong one. I bypass this by pressing the 'U' button to go to my first unread message. But there has to be some sort of issue about this.
    05-18-10 09:58 AM
    this happens to me on a certain theme. I just reboot or change themes and switch back. ionno if it's the same cause tho but that's how i resolve mine.
    05-18-10 11:27 AM
    I'm no pro but I used to get that on my 8330 and I found it was either bec. The trackball was faulty and scrolled to the wrong mes. Or if the fone is lagging due to receiving data then ur scrolling will also b effected. But like I said I'm no pro so cud b wrong hope I helpd! Gl!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 11:43 AM
    Having the same issue, got a sneaking suspicion it's caused by a very large number of messages on the device... I have 2773 messages - anyone with this number not having the problem?
    06-18-10 12:25 PM
    Haha it could be. I think it's time to clean out the phone a bit.
    06-18-10 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD